Growing up in the early to mid 1990s if you were unlucky enough to get ringworm you could expect a round of standard treatment: a medicated shampoo, a 1% topical (on the skin) steroid cream and some anti-fungal cream or powder to be applied to the area.
This has changed.
Ringworm is now the name for the fungus doctors use to kill the fungus that causes the condition called tinea.
And fortunately, according to the American Academy of Dermatology, that fungus is completely eradicated with the use of anti fungal creams or cream and powder. There is no need to use a toxic shampoo to kill a fungus that can be killed by only the anti-fungal cream or powder.
In most cases, all you will need is to treat the skin on or around your finger with the cream or powder. But if necessary, the skin on the rest of your body might be like to be treated with either an anti fungal shower or a topical cream or powder.
When using an anti-fungal lotion or cream, you should change your shirts after treating for the first time and after each treatment. And if your doctor or pharmacist recommends a powder, apply the powder to the skin after your shower.
|Hibiclens Antimicrobial/Antiseptic Skin Cleanser 32 Fluid Ounce Bottle||Best Overall|
|Battleskin Bar Soap Tea Tree Soap||Budget Pick|
|Defense Soap Peppermint Body Wash Shower Gel 1 Gallon||Upgrade Pick|
1. Hibiclens Antimicrobial/Antiseptic Skin Cleanser 32 Fluid Ounce Bottle
- Use on fungal diseases like ringworm
- Strong antiseptic and antibacterial functions
- Perfect for surgeries
- Can be used with first aid treatment
- Easy to use
- One of the most effective antiseptic/antimicrobial skin cleansers
- Has a good smell that doesn’t linger during use
- Doesn’t smear
- Maintains a cool temperature
- Has a mild formula that is gentle on sensitive skin
2. Defense Soap 4 Ounce Bar
- * Anti-Fungal
- * Strong aroma
- which may be a detraction for some users
Defense Soap is my top selection from the best antifungal soap on the market. It provides that extra layer of protection to those areas that are most susceptible to fungal and bacterial growth: the upper part of the arms, from the elbow to the wrist; the palms of your hands; and the groin area.
I like Defense Soap for a number of reasons. First, it doesn’t seem quite as harsh as the other brands. It gently cleans while killing mold and fungi. It’s also a more affordable product. It’s even easy to use. You just lather it on and rub it in.
Defeat odor and avoid pesky rashes, acne, and skin disease with Defense Soap.
3. Antifungal Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
Usually, antifungal soaps are just too much work. They are messy, greasy , and a lot of it doesn’t even come into contact with the infected areas, which makes them feel less effective.
This Tea Tree Oil Body Wash is different because it is infused with one of the best natural antifungal oils around- tea tree oil.
The way it works is simple. You just need to keep washing the areas that are affected and eventually, the antifungal oil will work its way through to the affected spots.
4. Remedy Soap Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
- Very effective antifungal formula
- The tea tree oil is a key component in keeping athlete’s foot at bay
- Very gentle and has a pleasant smell
- The product doesn’t lather as well as other body washes
- You need to use a lot of soap for it to be effective
The Remedy Soap Tea Tree Oil Body wash was definitely the best soap for fighting foot and body fungi. Not only is it produced in the USA, but it has a pleasant smell. Though the lathering isn’t top notch like other body washes, this does the job extremely well and is particularly useful in the prevention of fungi and the treatment of existing fungal infections like athlete’s foot and jock itch.
The product caused no irritation whatsoever. Another thing to note is that it was extremely gentle on skin. The tea tree oil may cause an allergic reaction on some people. For this reason if you have very sensitive skin, you might want to consider using a different product.
The soap is very much worth the price. It came in 14 fluid ounces and can last for weeks. The one downside is that the packaging is unappealing.
5. Peppermint & Tea Tree Soap Bar. All Natural Antifungal Soap
- Scientifically proven to kill bacteria and keep the skin fresh and clean.
- Anti-Fungal Organic Soap for Everyday Use
- 100% Natural. Free of Chemicals, Colorants, Fragrances, Preservatives
- Tea Tree Oil & Peppermint Oil: Superb antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Vegan, Cruelty Free and Gluten-Free
- Biodegradable Soap Base (made from vegetable oils)
- Moisturizing Vitamin E fights skin sagging and premature aging.
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee if you're not satisfied you're not happy with your purchase.
- Women Face Wash & Body Wash | Men Body Wash & Face Wash
- Smells great: peppermint oil and tea tree oil
- You can find cheaper brands in the market but it's not a 100% natural soap without any chemicals or colors.
6. Antifungal Tea Tree Body Wash
7. TheraTree Tea Tree Oil Soap
- Great For Skin Irritations
- Budget Friendly
Tea Tree Oil Soap with Neem Oil – 12oz – Helps Skin Irritation, Body Odor, Helps Restore Healthy Complexion for Body and Face by Oleavine.
The TheraTree Tea Tree Oil Soap is a top rated antifungal soap that is not only safe for the face, but also great for the body. The product is perfect for tackling fungus on the body such as athlete’s foot, eczema, ringworm, and jock itch.
TheraTree is the second of two soaps discussed that contains Neem oil.
8. ArtNaturals Tea Tree Body and Foot Wash –
- Very economical
- Has different uses for different areas of your body
If you want plenty of bang for your buck then ArtNaturals Tea Tree Body and Foot Wash is a great option. In the big container are two separate containers that contain an anti-fungal foot wash and an anti-fungal body wash.
This may be a bit of a drawback for some because there are instances where you need a body wash to clean your body and a foot bath for your feet. However, this wide spread of uses will also allow you to save money because you will be able to use less of this wash than you would have with multiple products.
The packaging has a practical approach by having the containers separate for each body/foot wash. They are also of a good size because they are not too large nor small. The body wash comes in a shape that is wide at the top and narrow at the bottom, while the foot wash container is just the opposite.
9. Antifungal Tea Tree Oil Body Wash Soap
- Maintains skin hydration
- Very long-lasting
- Made from natural materials
- No animal byproducts
- Squeaky clean feeling
- No residue left on skin
- Leaves the body feeling tingly
- Cuts through stubborn body oils
- Leaves feet extra soft
- Lathers well
10. Pedifix FungaSoapLiquid
- Kills over 99% of fungi
- Lavender scent
- Quick drying
Pedifix FungaSoap liquid soap with tea tree oil kills nearly 100% of the fungi it comes in contact with with one application. It dries almost instantly after application.
11. Solpri Shield Antifungal Soap Bar Lemongrass Tea Tree Eucalyptus 4 oz
- Is an all-natural and environmentally safe soap
- Treatment for fungal infections
- Equally good for dry and oily skin
- Might be drying for some people
- Can cause irritation when used excessively
The Solpri Shield Soap is NOT a powder. It is a bar in a plastic seal bag.
Made from natural ingredients, it comes with aloe vera, peppermint, tea tree and eucalyptus oils that has antifungal properties to help ward off stubborn fungal infections. The saponins from the soap have antibacterial properties.
The soap does not cause dryness of your skin, but works best when used sparingly and rinsed properly (2-3 times). There is only a mild tingling sensation when used for the first time but will be quickly washed away with water if the soap is too strong.
12. Defense Soap Peppermint Body Wash Shower Gel 1 Gallon
- peppermint body wash by Defense Soap is a great way to have a fresh feeling body and helps eliminate fungus
- Non-toxic, hypoallergenic, vegan, and cruelty free
- The soap is very easy to use and is just as effective as the expensive anti-fungal shampoo
- Great to treat dandruff
- The 1 gallon bottle which is the ideal size for one person’s use for several weeks
- It is transparent in color and has a fruity smell not so strong or irritating
- This soap washes away easily
- Some people may find the smell of the soap a little strong
- It is said to treat jock itch and ringworm
- The bottle has a design issue of it also having an opening at the top.
Infection is not the kind of feeling you want to experience. Fortunately, Defense Soap meets the need with its amazing peppermint body wash. It is non-toxic, hypo-allergenic, vegan and cruelty-free as well as being a in the ideal 1 gallon size ideal for personal use for several weeks.
13. Candida Freedom 100% Natural Probiotic Soap
- 100% organic and made from pure ingredients
- Organic ingredients include tea tree oil, lemon oil extracts, and jojoba oil.
- Tea Tree contains strong antifungal properties that will help fight against fungal infections.
- Lemon oil naturally contains antimicrobial.
- Jojoba oil is a natural anti-inflammatory and moisturizing ingredient.
- When combined with tea tree oil, can help reduce the redness and inflammation caused by jock itch.
- Tea tree and lemon essential oils will help keep your skin soft and feeling healthy.
- Works well on jock itch, ringworm, impetigo, and fungal infections.
- These antifungal soaps are made from pure ingredients and are completely natural.
- These antifungal soaps can help deal with skin conditions, such as ringworm, jock itch, and athletes foot.
14. Pedifix Tea Tree Ultimates Funga Soap
- Refreshes the Feet
- Tea Tree Oil Publishes Funga
This soap is great for people that want a deep clean of the feet. Its high tea tree oil content makes it great at refreshing the feet if they have been sweaty all day at work or in the gym.
It is not known to treat fungus, but it is an effective way to eliminate the socks fungus occurs. Of course, it won’t completely eliminate fungus, your feet will still need antifungal cream to clear away the fungus.
If you would like a more comprehensive way to treat fungal infections, you should buy the product that we reviewed above. Click here to see the best antifungal treatment on the market.
15. Natural Handmade Essential Oil Artisan Soap Bars. Hypoallergenic
- Soothe and Heal Your Skin
- Are Free of Parabens, Phthalates, SLS, and other Harmful Chemicals
- Help eliminate dryness, itch, and flaking skin that can come with fungal infections
- Help Fight-Off the Mould
- Are Vegan Friendly
- Can be used on Hair, Face, Body, and more
- Create a Luxurious lather and an Expertly Balanced Fragrance
- Provide a Top-Quality Experience
- Cannot be used with a flannel bar replacement
- You might need to re-order if you are a shower gel user
Hands up if your hands and nails look slimy and gross. At least, that’s what Dr. Oz saw happening on his show, a segment that was perhaps about other things but was soon focused on fungal toenail infections.
One of the solutions he recommended was the use of antifungal soaps. But just how effective are they? Are there any good ones?
We all love a soap bar that saves us money. Even better, is a soap bar that prevents fungal infections. The trick is to find soap bars that use antifungal ingredients like tea tree oil and thyme oil.
16. O Naturals Deep-Cleansing Tea Tree Essential Oil Body Wash. Fights Body Odor. Helps Treat Skin
- Made in the USA. Formulated & manufactured in an FDA-registered facility that is GMP-compliant
- Deep cleansing tea tree oil body wash. Perfect for dry, sensitive & acne prone skin & as foot, hand, nail & hair soap
- Safe for color treated hair
- Helps chronic smokers, athletes, people suffering from mental fatigue & those who experience hot flashes
- Natural antimicrobial & anti-fungal agent
- Free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, dyes, artificial colorants. Does not contain sodium chloride
- No animal testing. Vegan – Contains No animal-derived ingredients
- Quick rinse off & super easy to use
- Dermatologist tested
- Airline-friendly, TSA-friendly
17. Battleskin Bar Soap Tea Tree Soap
- Unique tea tree oil for anti-fungal, aromatherapy
- Has a pleasant smell from the lavender and tea tree oil
- Contains pure essential oils
- Cleans and exfoliates
- Ease of use: Just rub it into your skin
- Might burn a bit if you have sensitive skin
- The box it comes in might not be sturdy enough for shipment, so make sure to check it before use
- Does not prove to be effective for some
Treat your feet and stop suffering from foot fungus.
Made with organic tea tree essential oil, this is a powerful body wash soap that is very useful in addressing certain skin issues. Note that this is an antifungal and not an anti-bacterial soap.
The tea tree essential oil and the lavender oil are shown to be of great help in fighting nastier yeast infections as well as treating athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, skin irritations, and various kinds of infestations of fungus.
18. Natural Riches Extra Strength Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Body Wash Hand Wash Peppermint Eucalyptus Oil Soap
- Natural Ingredients
- Feels Great
- Does not smell like tea tree oil
Overall I would recommend this body wash to anyone who wants a good smelling, gentle but natural product for their skin and hair.
19. Antifungal Antibacterial Soap & Body Wash
- Eliminates Fungal Infections
- Very Affordable Soap
- Great for Back and Body Acne
- Works for multiple types of fungi
20. Remedy Natural Tea Tree Oil Soap Bar
- Leaves the skin clean and soft
- Fungal acne control
- Eases dry skin
- Very affordable
- Great packaging
- Quality product
- Highly recommended
- You might have to use this for a long time
- Only available online
- Bar soap is not ideal for everyone
This product is a perfect example of a good quality product at a pocket-friendly price. It’s very effective on skin infections like fungal acne. Not only is it a potent antifungal, it’s also great for keeping the skin soft and smooth.
The packaging is really impressive. It’s a nicely shaped, attractive, and very sturdy cardboard box.
21. Tea Tree Antifungal Body Wash Extra Strength
- Effective Antibiotics Alternative
- Great For Treating Skin Conditions
- Helps Relieve Jock Itch
The Tea Tree body wash for athletes foot is a fast acting fungal killer that is completely safe and skin friendly.
This non-greasy formula has a light peppermint scent and contains seven different organic essential oils including tea tree, clove, lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, and cedar wood oils to fight bacteria and fungus and help heal damaged skin.
22. BOTANIC HEARTH Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
- Works great for treating fungal infections
- Considered to be safe for use on children and pregnant women
- Leaves a clean, refreshing smell on your skin
- Easy and convenient to use
- All natural ingredients
- Somewhat expensive
- Might leave your skin feeling dry and irritated if you have sensitive skin
If you’re looking for a soap that you can trust to treat fungal infections, Botanic Hearth’s Tea Tree Oil Body Wash with Mint is the one for you. It’s hypoallergenic and paraben free with no dyes, fragrances, or other chemicals that can upset your body's delicate natural balance. The tea tree oil is known for killing fungus, bacteria and other germs that can lead to infections.
This all-natural formula can be particularly useful if you’re at risk for athlete’s foot. It can also be used to treat dandruff, jock itch or Athlete’s foot.
The Botanic Hearth Tea Tree Oil Body Wash with Mint is a shampoo/soap that can be used for body and hair. The cleanser is free of sulfates, which are typically found in soaps that can strip the hair and scalp of natural oils.
23. Solpri Shield Charcoal Pumice Exfoliating Antifungal Soap Bar 4 oz
- No harsh chemicals
- Clean, clear smell
- Cleanses without stripping skin of moisture
- Lathers very smoothly
- Seems to have a positive influence on skin pigmentation
- Handmade in Hawaii
- No plastic packaging
- No toxic fragrances
This soap is fast acting and carries out a light exfoliation. It’s about time someone, anyone, took this style of soap and made it natural.
24. Antifungal Soap
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Free Of Sulfates, Parabens & Phthalates
- Great for Sports
- Certified Cruelty-Free & Vegan
Athletes foot aka Tinea Pedis is a common condition due to a fungus or a yeast infection. It is very normal to suffer from this condition before taking a shower. Due to the moist environment, the fungi in your feet will multiply and this condition will start to take effect. It is known to cause mild to moderate discomfort on the skin. Also, the affected skin can be prone to cracking. It may be serious if left untreated.
Antifungal foot wash is a product which will help in the prevention and treatment of the fungal infection of the feet. It relieves the symptoms and it is highly beneficial. It helps in the reduction of the sweating and helps in improving the overall foot health.
Antifungal Foot Wash contains tea tree oil as an ingredient. This oil is a strong natural antifungal agent. It prevents further growth of fungi and yeast in the affected areas. It improves the overall skin conditions. It gives an herbal scent with which one has to allow the feet to dry naturally after the wash. One may also use a dry towel for this purpose. It reduces the sweating and makes the feet fungus free and healthy.
25. Antifungal Body Wash Organic Tea Tree Oil Soap
- Safe for use on skin
- You can use it on any part of your body
- It’s very cost effective (you use 5 grams per month)
Bacterial Infection, Foot Odor, Athlete’s Foot, Fungal Infection, Sprain, Bruise Skin Irritation and Dry Skin. Use Antiseptic for Wound and Skin Infection.
26. Tea Tree Body Wash Antibacterial
- Removes bacteria
- Removes debris
- Contains tea tree oil
- Not tested on animals
- Some users find it too strong
- Not everyone can tolerate tea tree oil
If you’re looking for the best antifungal soap on the market and you want to take your anti-fungal solution a step further, try incorporating a tea tree body wash antifungal.
I like the product made by Bifesta because it’s tea tree bodywash that combines oil”based soap with natural aloe extract to cleanse your body and fight those pesky fungi and bacteria.
It’s free of fragrance and dyes and is dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic, and fragrance-free, so it’s safe for all users.
27. Renpure Plant-Based Beauty Tea Tree Mint Refreshing Moisture Body Wash
- Made with all natural ingredients
- Free of parabens, SLS, phthalates, synthetic fragrances and sulfates that can irritate skin
- Gentle formula that cleanses while it moisturizes
- Quite expensive
- Fragrance may be too strong for those with sensitive noses
- Some say that it makes skin drier
(Pack of 3)
The Renpure Body Wash is a great all natural option for those looking to get rid of foot fungus for good. This body wash is made with all natural ingredients that moisturize and cleanse without drying out your skin. The tea tree and mint combination also works to eliminate the bacteria and fungus that causes foot fungus, keeping it from spreading and resulting in healthier feet. This all natural body wash has a very strong tea tree scent, so if you don’t like tea tree or mint scented products, I would probably stay away from this product. The strong scent may also be a bit much for those with sensitive noses. This body wash can also be used as an effective shaving gel and after bath conditioner. The Renpure Body Wash is kind to the environment as is is formulated from plant based ingredients instead of harsh chemicals.
28. Organic All Natural Body Wash Soap. Anti-fungal
- Comes in a 2-pack
- Hi-quality as it’s made of organic ingredients and natural ingredients
Both of my grandfathers have been a victim of athletes foot for most of their lives. Both of them have also tried every anti-fungal and anti-bacterial that the market has to offer.
We’ve recently tried this product and it works amazingly well.
The best part is that they’ve used these anti fungal soaps for a full two weeks now and haven’t had any problems with athlete’s foot. An extra benefit that I’ve noticed from using this product is that my skin seems a lot softer and healthier too since my grandfathers are both older.
29. Tea Tree Body Wash
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which soap is best for fungal infection?
If you want to avoid trying those expensive antifungal medications, rubbing alcohol is a cheap and effective natural antiseptic you can use to kill germs. Make sure you use 91% isopropyl alcohol and not the lower stuff; it is very effective, but it can also be pretty harsh on your skin. You want to use a small amount; just enough to kill the fungus and not too much that it burns the area. Then, let the area air dry.
What soap kills fungus?
Fungus thrives in warm, moist environments and will proliferate on a number of different surfaces if left untreated. In order to prevent this, it’s important to eliminate the fungus from its source. The best way to do this is by scrubbing the affected area with a powerful fungicidal soap.
Does soap and water kill fungus?
Some people recommend a simple warm water bath to treat body odor and or fungal infections, but there are many recommendations out there that are not quite as simple as water! Several large churches and even prisons have used antifungal soap to clean their facility. This is because antifungal soap excludes everything that fungus and bacteria need to live and thrive, so a thorough cleaning with nothing left but water can really give you an advantage in fighting off your infection naturally.
Is Cetaphil soap antifungal?
Cetaphil is soap used to reduce the skin’s oil and sebum content. Cetaphil is a moisturizing soap with the addition of dimethicone to help reduce skin oiliness. While it isn’t a common ingredient in antibacterial soaps, it is often found in prescription options, and essential oils for skin rashes.
Antibacterial soaps were in the news while Cetaphil was included in the “antibacterial” category. While many people believed that Cetaphil was antifungal, it’s actually soap and not antifungal. However, many people have reported good results with Cetaphil to treat their fungal infections.
Everyone wants no more infections and that begins with a proper skin care regimen. But it’s hard to know which lotion, wash or soap to use if your skin is suffering. To make things simpler for you, we put together a rough guide to help you buy the right soap for your personal needs, whether that’s to battle dry skin or a fungal infection.
|Hibiclens Antimicrobial/Antiseptic Skin Cleanser 32 Fluid Ounce Bottle||Best Overall|
|Battleskin Bar Soap Tea Tree Soap||Budget Pick|
|Defense Soap Peppermint Body Wash Shower Gel 1 Gallon||Upgrade Pick|