Sometimes it seems like everything for kids is an electronic gadget and batteries included. What was wrong with a good old art kit? I still have my Crayola 64 crayons and they last for ever!
Anyway, these art sets are a great way to inspire creativity (and at times some good old fun) and tie into the essential skill of drawing. Plus, it’s one of the best way for kids to get some fresh air and exercise outside.
|Art 101 142-Piece Wood Art Set Amazon Exclusive||Best Overall|
|TIPISO Scratch Art Paper Gift Set for Kids||Budget Pick|
|Crayola Masterworks Art Case||Upgrade Pick|
1. Art 101 142-Piece Wood Art Set Amazon Exclusive
The Art 101 142-Piece Wood Art Set Amazon Exclusive is one of the most comprehensive art kits I’ve encountered in a while. With 142 pieces, this kit has everything any aspiring artist would need to fully realize their creative potential.
Included are a plethora of shapes, letters, numbers, colors, and modeling materials in a multitude of sizes.
The Art 101 142-Piece Wood Art Set Amazon Exclusive is designed to grow with your child and will last them throughout their elementary school years.
2. Crayola Inspiration Art Case Coloring Set
- Variety of art supplies
- Miles of imagination
- Carrying case
- Case doesn’t lock shut
- The design of the case can be flimsy
- Case isn’t very large
Includes Carrying Case.
This is a great art set for kids that can be used inside or outside. They will love the scenic background and bright colors!
Inside it includes large coloring pages, pastel chalks, chalk dust eraser, a roll of paper, a roll of paper towels, 12 crayons, a water brush, and a watercolor pad.
3. Crayola Masterworks Art Case
8, 9, 10, Party Favor.
Planning a child’s birthday party is no easy feat. Not only will you need to find a play area, but you’ll also need to hire a babysitter and decorate the venue. This leaves little time for planning a get-together that’s as memorable as it is fun.
Instead, you can choose to purchase an art set for kids and let them enjoy some quality time at home.
4. U.S. Art Supply 18 Color Children's Washable Tempera Paint Set
- Amazing paint quality
- Variety of colors
- Large amount of paint per bottle
- Easy-to-squeeze bottles
- Safe for children
- Not much of a mess
- Need a lot of paper to cover the paper
- Coloring is hard because of spilled paints and the paint going out of the page
- Paint tends to smear
The U.S. Art Supply 18 Color Children's Washable Tempera Paint Set is a good choice if you're looking to buy art supplies for your tummy's painting master. This set includes 18 colors and the wide mouth bottles will help you pour the paints on the paper without a mess.
The paint is safe and non-toxic and it's made of quality material. When you look at the bottles, you'll notice that the bottom is plastic and the lid in metal. This is important because it keeps the paint fresh and prevents the paint from being spoiled.
- Includes oil paints, watercolors, pencils, pastels, chalk, and more
- Includes all the art supplies you’ll ever need
- Affordable and can be used for a variety of projects
- The case might be too small
- Will be too expensive for some buyers
The Darice Set is a great art set for young artists to get started on their first projects. With 129 pieces of art supplies, you’ll never run out of supplies.
The case comes with a convenient handle and can be opened by rolling back the lid. The hinges feel sturdy, and even with the lid open, the case remains sturdy.
The main downside of this case is that it is a little small. The whole case will not be able to fit on most desks. For those planning on using it for travel, however, the case’s compact size is a plus. It also is not designed to be opened on its side.
6. Drawing Stencils Set
- 54 high-quality stencils
- Consistent high quality
- Easy to use and durable
- Compact and portable
- Kids love to use them
- Makes great Christmas or birthday presents
- Suitable for kids of all ages
7. Crayola Art Buddy Pip-Squeak Character Backpack & Art Tools Kit Portable Creativity Kit
- Soft Case
- Smaller Design
- Safe Materials
- Great Value
- Lower Price
- Plenty of Creative Outlets with the included art tools
- Popular Characters
- Crayons are not washable
- Some safety concerns about breakable pieces and sharp points
- Won’t work as well on crayons
- Not much padding
- Not waterproof
These sets are great for meetings, airports, etc where you want to keep activities close at hand. If you are going for something quick and easy, this is a good option. The price/value is pretty good and it’s a lower cost option for art supplies for your kids.
Art Buddy … the multi-medium drawing/crafting kit for kids.
The kit comes with 12 markers, 6 crayons, 8 shiny foil stickers, 12 color-in papers, and a color-in pad. It also features a backpack that is easy to carry from one …to-another place.
8. Art 101 Budding Artist 179 Piece Draw Paint and Create Art Set
- Good for multiple ages
So whether you’re looking for that perfect kid’s birthday gift, or just looking for a fun activity for the kids on a rainy day, I think this Art101 Budding Artist set is a great choice. You won’t take a big hit to your wallet, and the kids will definitely have a blast.
The best thing about this is that this is a really well-rounded product. You have a fantastic range of colors, as well as acrylic paints and markers. The creative options are practically endless.
The paints are mixable and there are actually three shades of each color that you can use together to make new, unique colors. The paints are also designed so you can use them directly on the paper.
9. Purple Ladybug Rainbow Scratch Paper Art Kit
- Fun for both kids and adults
- Convenient notepad
- Creates a beautiful drawings
- Great for a rainy day activity
This is a great way to spend a rainy day! If your child loves to draw, they will love this arts and crafts kit. It comes with 20 colorful scratch-off paper that you can use to draw your own masterpieces.
The scratch papers come in a convenient notepad so you won’t have to worry about keeping them organized. All that matters is that your child is having fun.
This is a great gift option and would be a perfect arts, crafts, summer camp, lazy day and rainy day activities.
10. Purple Ladybug Scratch Paper Art Set
- If you want your child to explore their creativity and let their imagination run wild, then the Purple Ladybug Scratch Paper will be a perfect gift for them (and you).
- This scratching paper art set is made out of non-toxic material, and this makes it perfect for your boy or girl, and even for the adults.
- The paper is designed for scratching, cutting, peeling and decorating, and this set includes three unique colors (rainbow colors, gold and silver) and unlimited possibilities to create beautiful designs.
- The box contains 36 scratch art sheets and 10 different stencils.
11. Sunnyglade 145 Piece Deluxe Art Set
- A great value for kids 8 years old and under
- Toy experts love this wooden art set for kids
- Has all the art supplies you need for your aspiring artist
The Sunnyglade 145 Piece Deluxe Art Set, Wooden Art Box & Drawing Kit with Crayons, Oil Pastels, Colored Pencils, Watercolor Cakes, Sketch Pencils, Paint Brush, Sharpener, Eraser, Color Chart is the top pick for the best art set for kids this year.
Toy experts love this wooden art set for kids.
It has everything you need to get your aspiring artist started. The wooden art box can be used for storing the art supplies and the drawing instruction book.
12. Dinonano Acrylic Painting Art Supplies
- Perfect for grade school aged kids
- Great for traveling or long car trips
- Brightly colored
- Comes with all the necessary art supplies
- Recommended for children over 3 years old
- Not meant for special projects
If you’ve got a little artist in your house who enjoys creating impressive and colorful projects, then you’re going to want to check out the Dinonano Art Kit for kids.
This art set includes everything you will need to create a masterpiece at your fingertips. The set includes a mixing palette, paintbrushes, a palette knife, 12 pieces of cardstock paper, and five kinds of acrylic paints: yellow, red, blue, green, and black. It will take a little while to dry, so I recommend keeping it on a piece of waxed paper.
This is a fairly large set, so it doesn’t fit in a small backpack. I appreciate that it’s easy to fold up. One downside is that it can be a little heavy if you are carrying it around. The construction is high quality and should last a while with proper care.
13. Crayola Inspiration Art Case Coloring Set
- Great variety of colors and textures
- Contains generously sized sheets and crayons
- Creatively fun
- Widely available
- Unbreakable and kid-friendly
This comprehensive Crayola art set is a great present for the budding young artist in your family. Perfect for a younger child, Crayola Inspiration Art Case Coloring Set contains 140 crayons, eight huge coloring books, three sheets of transfer paper, and twenty-two double-sided patterned borders.
I believe that the most important aspect of art sets is variety and this set has it in spades. There’s no risk of boredom! The coloring facilities are much better than those of pens, markers, or other mediums.
This coloring set is great for children aged 4 or 5 and up. The included coloring books are the perfect size for little hands. The crayons fit well in little hands too!
14. ARTEZA Scratch Paper Set of 42
- Comes with postcards
- Suitable for art/craft class, DIY projects, and kid’s room
- Premium materials and high-quality workmanship
- Safe and non-toxic
- Won’t bleed through paper
- Different size
- Unable to bring out the best in the brightest colors
- Only two of the stencils fit the whole shape
- Scratchers are quite thick and therefore harder to grab
- Only fit for kids aged over 6
Strathmore’s premium 90 lb, cold press, 100% cotton paper is as good an introductory paper as you can get. This allows for bold and vibrant drawings that pop from the page. Coupled with the freedom of experimentation using the plastic scraper and stick-on stencils, your kid can explore and learn in a safe environment and be proud of the work they do. I would recommend this set for kids between the ages of 6 and 12.
15. ZMLM Scratch Paper Art Notebooks
- Offers an endless variety of creative activities
- Crayons leave a cool swirly design behind
- Great for parties
- Comes in a cute cardboard box
- Great for gift-giving
- Would make a super cute, inexpensive gift for a teacher
- Kids love it (and so do the adults!)
Available in 3 different books, these scratch art notebooks are a great craft activity for kids. Using the crayons provided, children scratch to reveal the rainbow beneath, creating stamps and decorations with the colored patterns. Each book contains 30 full-color sheets of scratch paper printed with a rainbow, and offers hours and hours of creative fun. The scratch art notebooks would make a great party favor, or just a fun activity for rainy days. Available at Amazon!
16. ZMLM Scratch Paper Art Set
- Perfect for teaching kids how to draw
- Includes plenty of items for inspiration
- Easy to carry and store
- Cheap for the quality
- A good variety of bright colors
- The chalk sticks are long for little hands
- The color does rub off onto fingers
- The variety of colors is small
- The box doesn’t open easily
- The color chart, though a good idea, is pretty useless
As its name suggests, the ZMLM Scratch Paper Art Set for Kids (which also includes light-up crayons, 4 color charts, a rainbow-patterned play mat, 12 pages of blank sheet scratch paper, and 7 sheets of colorful picture scratch paper) from Educational Insights is designed to help children draw and express their creativity.
And what better way to create art than by scratch paper? Scratch paper allows young children to comfortably express their ideas and teach them how to draw, which can help them later on when they’re at school or university.
17. ZMLM Scratch Paper Art Set
- Great for aspiring artists and curious kids
- Easy and fun for kids to use
- Fun for all ages
- Comes with a bright colored carrying bag
- Good for travel
- Sturdy backing board
- Makes a great gift
- Some parents thought it was just too difficult for their young children
- Could be a little too thin for older children and adults to work with easily
(For Girls Girls)
Overall, this black scratch off art is the right choice for most children and is a great way to keep your kids engaged for a longer period of time. The cute printed animals and artwork from the ZMLM is an instant favorite.
18. Dinonano School Art Supplies
- Professionally Designed
- Sturdy Construction
- Promotes Creativity
- Will Teach Your Kids a Valuable Life Skill
- Recommended for Ages 3-12
- Came in separate pieces
- Make sure to remove protective sticker from canvas before you use.
Includes Drawing Blank Journal, Oil Pastel Set, 24 Colored Paintbrushes, 24 Watercolor Paint, 24 Washable Markers, Coloring Pencils, 4 Crayons, Eraser, Painting Pad – Great Gift for Kids
19. RISEBRITE Kids Art Set 35 Pcs Acrylic Paint Set
- Multicolored paints
- Comfortable, easy-to-use materials
- Easel included
- Great for developing fine motor skills
- Versatile set has a painting range from toddlers to adults
- Quality paints
- Some color bleed can be possible
- Can be hard to mix colors
- Paint is a bit on the stiff side
- Can’t paint on the hard side of the pad
- Can be hard to clean up
RISEBRITE has an amazing kids art set that is worth every bit of its price. With 35 pieces of art supplies, you can teach your children or yourself how to paint from using paint brushes, paint pens and paint sponges to watercolor brushes and airbrush. Not only can you use these to paint on canvas, but you can also use them with tempera paints.
This art set uses quality paints and dies for a variety of different painting materials. However, since paints are usually composed from a variety of materials such as clay or minerals, it is important to read the packing materials carefully to check and make sure the product is non-toxic. Too many parents head into art set shopping without realizing this and end up purchasing toxic paints.
20. Kid Made Modern Studio in A Box Set
- If you're looking for the best art set for kids, you'll want to consider Kid Made Modern's Studio in a Box.
- First off, this kit in awesome for people who are just learning about art and want to experiment.
- Because you're not sure exactly what kind of art you're going to end up making, Kid Made Modern has made this kit as versatile as possible.
- There are 15 different coloring pages (for drawing), 2 pages of stencils, ink sheets (for painting) and 2 paint brushes.
- This kit is perfect for kids (and adults) of all ages.
- If you're looking at ways to help your kids with their creative expression, this is definitely the best art set for kids.
21. Kid Made Modern Arts and Crafts Library Kit
- Art Supply Products Are Both High Quality and Beautifully Designed
- A Variety of Inspirational Projects to Tackle
- Develops a Lot of Skills, Including the Creative Process
- Offers A Nice Amount of Products for the Price
- Some More Advanced Products Are Not Included
- Instructions Are A Little Inconsistent
- Most Projects Can Be Fully Completed In 30 Minutes Or Less
- The Deer Mug Can Leak If Not Handled Precisely
22. Kids Art Set
- Easy to clean
- Includes 12 acrylic colors and 15 paint brushes
- Comes with a paint palette and a large easel that you can attach to a table
- Includes the instructions to how to paint several cute pictures
23. MAMBABYDAD Kids Paint Art Supplies 101PCS Non Toxic 24 Colors Acrylic Paint Tabletop Easel Canvas,Cups Palette Pen Sponge Brushes Tools Set,Crafts Paint Kit Birthday Gift
- High-quality materials
- Different brushes for different projects
- Love the portable case
- Great for fostering creativity
- Works great with watercolors as well
- The paint brushes are too soft
- The case could be harder
- Brush quality could be improved
- Can’t really store the brushes in the case
The Mombabydad Kids Paint Art Supplies are designed to provide hours of creative fun for children and adults. Everything needed is included in the set.
You’ll get 100 different paintbrush, paint, a mixing cup, paintbrush holder, three different paint palettes, a paint palette knife and a plastic palette knife, four paint cups, an easel and a booklet containing over fifty different drawing and painting ideas for you to choose from.
24. FunzBo Arts and Crafts Supplies
- A lot of pieces
- Arts and crafts for kids
- Arts and crafts supplies kit
- More than just crayons
- Arts and crafts for toddlers
- Younger aged kids will be frustrated
- Arts and crafts for seniors
- Arts and crafts for short attention spans
What about arts and crafts for kids? The FunzBo Arts & Crafts Accessory Kit for Kids provides hours of creative fun for children. Parents will especially appreciate the variety of supplies that comes in the kit.
Every art set for kids is suitable for ages 3 and up, which makes this kit ideal for pre-schoolers and kindergarteners alike. Assembly is easy and will take just a few minutes. What’s more, the box makes for an easy storage option for when you need to take the supplies to a friend’s house or carpool with friends and their kids.
Contents: 20 sheets of paper, 20 sheets of board, 20 crayons, 10 cutaneous markers, 20 numbers and letters, 20 stickers, 2 drawing boards, 1 paint, 1 water colors, 1 brush, 1 cutting knife, 1 glue stick, 1 instruction book
25. H & B Kids Art Supplies 208-Piece
- Kid-friendly with large pieces that fold in half
- Great for the beginner artist
- Not ideal for parents who want a more engaging art set
- Limited number of pieces
See our full review here:
The H&B Kid’s Art Set is ideal for the preschooler who is just learning how to draw and paint. The sturdy pieces with a child-friendly size will delight your four-year-old and make your day care company very happy.
The H&B Art Set is more than just construction paper or blank canvases, there’s lots of paint and decorating accessories too.
26. Jar Melo Rock Painting Kit
- A very safe choice that won’t harm your kids in any way
- Non-toxic non-lead paint to keep your youngest safe and happy
- Creative fun for everyone, let your kids express themselves in a truly original way
- Toy-like kits are intended for kids 3 years and up
- The 4 reversible canvases can be used over and over again.
- The set can be used individually or altogether.
- It is not washable and not dishwasher proof.
- There are simpler alternatives to this kit, if that is a concern for you.
27. TIPISO Scratch Art Paper Gift Set for Kids
- Best for young kids
- Great value for the money
- Not ideal for older kids
- The metallic coloring is not always well-received
I like to recommend this Starter Art Set for kids in kindergarten through 3rd grade. There are 4 activity books and painting stencils included in the Vibrant Colors set.
This fun, art activity set is great for travel, and also as a rainy day activity at home. It comes with everything you need to do a nice variety of art projects.
28. SunnyMemory Scratch Paper Art Set Crafts
- Cute, brightly colored, variety of stickers
- Good for long car trips
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Can be used for crafts and even games
- Made with cheap material
- Contents are not clearly labeled
- Some don’t like the idea of throwing away stickers after each use
This is an awesome arts and crafts set with lots of sticker sheets and accessories including foam shapes, drawing tools, plastic shapes, paper shapes, and cardboard sheets.
29. Crayola Back To School Supplies
- Perfect for preschool and kindergarten
- Bright colors
- Variety of activities
- Helps children learn how to hold the crayon, paintbrush, and pencil correctly
- 20% off
- Crayons melting
- Stickers hard to use
- Small mixing tray
The Versa Color Art Set has easy to use crayons, markers, and paintbrushes. For beginners, this set is perfect.
The set includes 84 pieces and it is perfect for beginner artists. The set includes a large space for creative expression.
30. Rock Painting Kit
- Safe for kids
- Encourages creativity
- Fun for different ages
- Multiple activities for kids
- Friends will love this
- Great gift idea
- Only a few colors available
- Not enough brushes
- Can be difficult for younger kids
- Doesn’t come with a rock
- Rock paints on skin easily
The Rock Painting Kit for Kids is one of the top-ranked art sets for older children. Parents love this art set because it’s easy to use and the instructions are super clear and straightforward. Included in this set is everything you need to create a masterpiece, including a large rock, paint, and brushes. This art set is a great gift for girls and boys.
31. Studio 71 Kids Art Set in Wood Case: 82 pieces Box color may vary
- Includes spiral bound Art Activity Book
- Many pieces including pencils, marker, paintbrush, spray bottle
- Age 8+
- Duplicate equipment
- Incomplete overall set
This is another great art set that provides a diverse amount of instruments to tinker around with. The crayons are awesome. The color is still vibrant after many uses, and the color comes out smoothly, rich in color, and without chunks of wax. I also enjoy the paint colors provided.
32. ZENSEA Rainbow Painting Sketch Board
- Educational gifts for kids
- Good for fine motor skills development
- They are reusable
- The art is more vibrant and interesting than plain coloring books
- Helps bring out the artist in your kid
- Eco-friendly, uses less paper
33. Melissa & Doug Deluxe Easel and Accessory Set Bundle
- For ages 3 and up
- Includes 3 paint bins
- Easy to put together
- Sturdy with 3 locking legs
- Has a tray below for storage
- Folds flat for easy storage and transportation
- For small children, the bins need to be filled from the top
- Paint gets messy
- Can break if dropped from a significant height
- Paint is harder to clean up
The Melissa & Doug Deluxe Easel is recommended for children 2 years old and older.
The easel comes with a wide selection of accessories that will help kids paint their masterpiece. It is designed to be both easy and durable.
When your child is finished painting, they can easily wipe away their masterpieces with a damp cloth.
34. GirlZone Temporary Glitter Tattoos Kit
- Arrives in an elegant storage container
- 33 pieces in a variety of sizes and designs
- Glitter doesn’t flake off (but is easy to remove if necessary)
- Comes with gloves and a guide
- Pieces can be used on skin, hair, clothes, bedding, shoes, nails, and more
- Most design options are very intricate
- Packing tape is also included
- Some of the designs look dark and moody if worn on your face
- Some designs are too busy, while others are plain
The GirlZone Temporary Glitter Tattoos is designed specifically for kids, which means they may not be ideal for adults interested in glitter body art. But they’re great for young kids who want some sparkle on their skin, hair, clothes, bedding, nails, even shoes.
My 7-year-old daughter, who is into everything girly, immediately gravitated to the box and immediately began putting them on her arm. The container is attractive, and the tattoos come in lots of sizes, shapes, and designs. She was so excited to try them out, she nearly tore the box open to get to them.
35. Window Paint Art Stickers Kit Kids
- Encourages Creativity
- Safe and Easy For Children To Use
I was so happy to find a good quality art set that’s specifically designed for kids.
These stickers in this kit are easy to apply and if you have a 3 year old like me or a 9 year old, you’ll be able to apply them with ease.
The stickers are reusable and waterproof too. Another great feature is the non-toxic and safe materials used to make the set.
36. Crayola Ultra Smart Case Next Generation Art Set Age 6+
- Easy to clean, which makes for an easy time when you’re done using it.
- Comes with 6 crayons, 4 markers, 2 pencils, 2 wide tipped markers, a 6 colored pencils, and 4 colored chalks.
- Great for smaller hands
- The middle compartment can be a little stiff on removing.
- The plastic lids can break if easy.
- The case can be a little big for younger kids.
Something a little different without being too overwhelming, this kit is perfect for young kids and gradually growing. A great way to introduce color, or for older kids who want to get more creative.
The set is compact and perfect for younger kids, for it fits into most backpacks for school, and the individual containers are easy for little fingers to open. I like that each container is its own size, the pencil crayons and the small markers, whiles the two bigger markers occupy the middle compartment. They store easily in the art case and the case itself closes securely enough to prevent loss and to protect from the messes little ones can make.
37. Gallery Studio 82 Piece Deluxe Art Set in Wooden Case
- Includes brushes, crayons, and other tools
- Great for children
- Bowl has lid to reduce mess
- The paint might dry out easily
- A few notes are hard to read
Gallery Studio makes a variety of products for the arts, crafts, and more, but the 82-Piece Deluxe art set is the best set for me, and I believe that other kids will definitely love this set. I was very enthusiastic about this art set.
This awesome kit consists of 82 pieces, and among them, you’ll find a very large paint box, 9 colored pencils, 3 oil pastels, 2 painting brushes, a 5-ounce plastic bowl, and a plastic palette knife, among others.
One of the things that attracted me with this set is that some of the tools inside of the case are made up of wood, which is very rare in art sets for kids. A slanted-top drawing board that has locking hinges is also included in the set.
38. 8-pack Washable Dot Markers / Bingo Daubers Dabbers Dauber Dawgs Kids / Toddlers / Preschool / Children Art Supply 3 Pdf Coloring eBooks = 100 Activity Sheets To Do!
- Comes with 8 markers, 6 dauber tips, and a remover stick
- Includes 3 digital coloring books
- Red and green colors are perfect for Christmas
- Includes a remover stick
- Great product for kids
- Includes 6 replacement cartridges
- Markers are squirt-like, meaning that the coloring isn’t always even
- Remover stick isn’t a big enough to handle all 8 markers at once
If you have kids and you’re looking for the perfect inexpensive gift pack for them, then look no further. Coloring and drawing are great ways of making new friends. Inspire your child’s creativity with the 8-pack Bingo daubers.
Coloring and fun go hand in hand with these markers, and with so many different colors to choose from, kids can get a little imaginative with their creations.
Amazon reviewers praise these markers as the perfect gift for kids, saying that even toddlers can easily use them.
Art sets for kids are great for giving your little ones free rein to express themselves. They can be used in a group situation for collaborative artwork, or when your child is an only child as a great quiet activity to keep them busy and out of trouble. Some art sets are designed for children to play with independently and for a long period of time. Others are designed for specific themes, such as animals or fantasy characters. No matter which art set you choose, the benefits your child will reap will be well worth it.
|Art 101 142-Piece Wood Art Set Amazon Exclusive||Best Overall|
|TIPISO Scratch Art Paper Gift Set for Kids||Budget Pick|
|Crayola Masterworks Art Case||Upgrade Pick|