For most men, an electric drill is the most frequently used power tool in their shop.
The task of rotating a drill bit into the surface of a material, as it is pushed forward in a straight line, would be time-consuming and physically tiring if done by hand, so the electric drill makes it easier to perform tasks, like drilling holes, driving screws, and removing seized or broken bolts.
But if you are looking for the best electric drills 2016 under 50 dollars for sanding, hammering or light sinking you should read our full review first.
It is not just about fancy bells and whistles, like battery powered, cordless models with variable speeds. But it is about being able to enjoy all the benefits of this marvelous tool.
|DEWALT Electric Drill||Best Overall|
|VigorIA Micro Mini Small Electric Aluminum Hand Portable Handheld Drill Bits-(0.8-1.5mm)||Budget Pick|
|Electric Drill||Upgrade Pick|
1. DEWALT Electric Drill
- 1/2 Inch Chuck Allows for a wide range of drilling options
- 7/64 Inch to 1-Inch Dial-A-Depth Allows for extreme control when drilling
- 10-Amp Motor Produces up to 500 RPMs and can easily drill through a variety of materials
- Ergonomic Handle provides comfort and allows for easy use.
- Sometimes the chuck has a difficulty holding bits
- The drill can be loud
When it comes to purchasing a versatile drill, the DEWALT DCK235S2 is the perfect addition to any tool arsenal.
This drill is sturdy with an ergonomic handle. The variable speed provides more than enough power to keep this drill going even through tougher materials like stone, metal and hard plastics.
The power and control dial allows the user to easily adjust the speed from 0 RPM to 500 RPM.
2. PORTER-CABLE Corded Drill
- Affordable price
- Easily adjustable settings
- Various levels of torque
- Inbuilt LED light
- Made of durable materials
- Poor quality
- Not ideal for industrial use
This is one of the best value models from Porter Cable. Its high level of performance is backed by its relatively cheap price.
With its various speed settings as well as its manual clutch and torque settings, the Porter Cable makes your DIY jobs easy and convenient.This drill is designed with a sealed ball bearing, which makes it ideal for heavy-duty use. The motor is protected by a durable metal housing and an ergonomic soft grip handle.
This is a non-slip grip that allows you to get the most precise and efficient drilling possible. The built in LED light is ideal for poorly lit areas.
3. BLACK+DECKER Corded Drill
- 5.2-amp motor that delivers 700 in-lbs of drilling torque
- Smooth start/stop trigger
- 2-speed option
- Keyless 1/2 and 3/8 inch chuck
- Lightweight for easy handling
- Comes with 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2-inch hex key set
- No battery
- No carrying case
- No soft grip
- Poor instructions
If you have a decent sized budget then this drill is a good investment. This is a great value drill and it performs better than you might think.
For the price you get two bits and a screwdriver and they are of decent quality. They are held onto a decent sized plastic bit case. You also get a set of Allen keys.
This drill feels reassuringly heavy, especially in your hand compared to a lot of the competition. It is easy to tell that it is heavy duty and made from decent quality materials.
4. Metabo HPT Drill
- Regarded as being one of the most powerful drills on the market
- Variable speed
- Keyless chuck
- Forward and reverse
- Rubber over-molded handles
- Comes with a belt hook
- Motor warranty of 5 years
- Non-reversible torque settings
- Slightly difficult assembly
- Maybe a little heavy for less experienced users
Featuring a sturdy metal gear housing coupled with a heavy duty, long life motor, this drill delivers a high power-to-weight ratio that provides superior drilling power. The variable speed trigger enables the user to drill accurately and efficiently.
The keyless chuck provides an easy 1-hand operation and lessens the risk of chuck key loss. The included belt case helps users protect their drill from the elements during transport. Added features include: forward and reverse, rubberized soft grip handles and adjustable work light.
Overall, this is a great choice if you are looking for a high performing drill that is long lasting.
5. DEWALT Corded Drill
- Uses high quality, durable materials
- Very powerful
- Reversible, for easy clutch replacement
- Great speed control for precision
- Comfortable adjustment on handle
- Very powerful
- Bit attachment can break apart
- Little bit heavy
The DEWALT DWD115K is very powerful and has two different speeds depending on how much power you need. The maximum power rating is 800 watts while the minimum is 250 watts.
Users love the fact that the DEWALT DWD115K has such high torque for its size. The motor runs at 120V. Some people have reported that the motor stops suddenly if you prolong a drilling session. For the most part, the DEWALT DWD115K is a fantastic choice for deep holes and difficult materials.
The handle of the DEWALT DWD115K is adjustable to three different positions. The extra handle has a keyless chuck like the full-sized drills. If you need to replace your clutch, the chuck is reversible for convenience.
6. CRAFTSMAN Drill / Driver
- Lot of torque
- Very durable
- Reasonable price
- Can last long
- Five years warranty
- Ergonomic and easy to use
- The light is a single led
- Trigger pull is not as easy as it should be
- Doesn’t have a lot of power
- High pitched noise
Other than that, there are not many negative reviews about the product.
7. DEWALT Corded Drill
- Keyed chuck prevents bits from slipping
- For use with screws
- Lightweight at 4.4 lbs
- Great price point
- Sufficient power for most home jobs
- Durable and long-lasting
- Last only limited number of uses
- Suffers from loss of torque after failing
The DEWALT DWE1014 8.0 Amp 1/2 In. Corded Right-Angle Drill/Driver is a great corded drill for a specific job environment, but cordless drills can perform better in these situations due to higher speeds and lighter weight.
Corded drills are most ideal for large volume drilling jobs that need a lot of power for long time periods, and a variety of different kinds of materials or large numbers of screws. They can, however, be a bit difficult to transport or work with in tight spaces in your home.
Corded drills also tend to be less expensive than cordless drills and will last a lot longer, as you don’t have to worry about charging batteries.
8. DEWALT Corded Drill
- Quickly drills through hard materials, quickly drills holes
- Comes with a carrying case
- May have low battery life
- Battery type is NiCd
The DEWALT corded drill is one of the higher-rated corded drills on Amazon. The DEWALT 20V corded drill has enough power to get through any tough jobs you may have.
The DEWALT 20V Corded Drill is capable of driving screws through a variety of materials such as plastic, metal, and brick. It has a variable speed motor. There is a LED light attached, which lets you easily see what you are doing.
The DEWALT 20V Corded Drill can drive screws up to 1-inch long. There is a built in LED light. The LED light has a 3-position switch. The drill has an automatic load-feed clutch that you can use to reduce the strain on your hand while using it.
9. BLACK+DECKER Electric Drill
- Features an LED light for working in dark spaces
- The battery holds a charge for a long time
- It comes with a nice case to protect your drill
- The chuck is easy to use
- You can set it to the speed you want
- Battery power is strong enough to drive screws
- The drill switch is easy to manage
- It has comfortable rubberized grips
- The motor is weak
- You have to hold the trigger for power
- The chuck is a little on the small side
- The battery runs down too fast
- The chuck comes loose easily
The Black & Decker is an affordable drill that can be relied upon to get the job done without breaking your budget.
The Black & Decker is a high powered drill that sets the bar high for what you should expect from a cordless model. It is comparatively strong and smooth for a model at this price point.
10. Hammer Drill Meterk 7.0 Amp 1/2 Inch Corded Drill 850W
- You can choose the speed you want, adjust the speed to get the right one needed.
- A truly all-round product, you can use it with any kind of boring; hole saws, drill bits, masonry drills, bolt cutters, ice picks, chisels, chisel and a screwdriver.
- Great product. You can use it for many different kinds of job.
- A little heavy. The older one you have, the heavier it gets. You can carry it around though, so it’s no excuse.
- A bit noisy compared with other drills.
- The wires are a bit long.
The above reviews are the 5 best one out of all the others. If you found the reviews useful, share it with your friends and families.
11. ENEACRO 1-1/4 Inch SDS-Plus 12.5 Amp Heavy Duty Rotary Hammer Drill
- Cheaper than other similar drills
- Plenty of safety features
- Grease fittings for easy maintenance
Dusty workshop, dangerous drill bits, and tedious drilling work are a thing of the past with this awesome drill. It’s powerful enough to take on most jobs, but compact enough to not feel like a hulking machine.
The ENEACRO mini rotary hammer drill includes a three-speed setting for different operations, a variable speed trigger to control the drilling power, a safety lock to make sure the device is not triggered by accident, and a comfortable grip for your hands.
The drill can be used to drill wood, drywall, masonry, plastic, and other materials with different kinds of drills and chisels.You can even use it with existing drill bits as long as they are firmly fixed. As far as the size of its capacity, it is rated as a 1-1/4-inch SDS Drill, so it can drill down to depths of around one foot with a little bit of work.
12. DEWALT Electric Drill
- Powerful motor- 1.3AMP
- Professional grade for your DIY projects
- Quite heavy on the hand
Dewalt is a trusted brand in the DIY industry. This drill is just what you need to help you in drilling holes and driving screws.
The tool comes with a one year warranty and a 90-day money-back guarantee. It weighs about 6 pounds which makes it a bit heavy. You can drill various holes in wood, metal, or masonry.
You will never have to worry about this power drill. It is perfectly safe as it has a variable-speed trigger for safe and easy operation. It has a forward and reverse controls for perfect control when using it.
13. SKIL 6335-02 7.0 Amp 1/2 In. Corded Drill
- Comfortable over the head design
- Good safety features
- Reliable motor
- High maximum torque
If you’re looking for a good corded drill, then check out the SKIL 6335-02 7.0 Amp 1/2 Inch Corded Drill/Driver. This drill from SKIL is my top pick when it comes to choosing a reliable and durable corded drill.
The SKIL 6335-02 really outshines my other top picks in terms of suiting your needs as a power tool user. The high 2.8 amp motor is capable of generating a maximum torque of 166 inch-pounds.
The drill is built with a comfortable over the head design, which makes it convenient and comfortable to use for extended periods of time. The keyless chuck allows you to change drill bits quickly and easily with just one hand.
14. Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme
- Solid and comfortable grip
- Highly durable
- Vibrates minimally
- It can be tough to assemble and disassemble this power drill
- It can be hard to remove the side handles
The Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme is quite possibly the perfect power drill for homeowners. This model has the ability to do all that a homeowner requires and it is at a price that can’t be beat by competitors.
This product weighs in at 1.75 lbs. It has a 1-inch keyed chuck and it can drill into concrete or masonry with ease. It is a corded power drill with a variable speed level selector that has a wide speed range. The Bosch 11255VSR is capable of performing a wide variety of tasks.
This power drill is offered at an incredible price considering that it has a very powerful motor that can handle just about anything that you throw at it. This model is one of the most popular items that you will find at home improvement stores.
15. Toolman Electric Power Drill Driver 3/8" Variable Speed
- Easy to use with three different control modes
- Work with a number of materials
- Great for assembling items
The Toolman DB5207 is a great choice if you are looking for an affordable electric drill.
This is a basic drill, so it is something that you can rely on even if you are still a beginner.
The tool has three different control modes which allow you to work it how you want. This allows you to work with it to perform different tasks.
16. G LAXIA Professional 6A 3/8-Inch Corded Drill
- Powerful Moves Fast
The 6A model boasts some features not found on other IQ Products model, like a 2-speed setting, chuck key, and 2 extra drill bits.
This is another customizable model for those who like to have a variety of attachments to choose from.
Though they aren’t included, IQ Pluses offers a host of accessories for these drills, including a belt clip, carry bag, and extension grip. They can also be fitted with a Bosch 20-volt max and 16-volt max lithium ion battery so you can continue working even while you recharge your battery.
17. Electric Drill
- Great price for a quality drill
- Well made construction
- It is powerful
- Easy to use
- Grip is a little on the small side
- The two batteries are not included
- It is not lightweight
60/61 Frame, 24.8 lb
You will truly be amazed with Craftsman 3/8 In Cordless Drill Driver C3. This drill provides the ultimate drilling and driving power for any project. The setup is easy with this drill and you even get to set the torque for an added choice in the task of your drill.
The power and performance is something that is associated with any drill that has a brand name of Craftsman behind. The drill features an easy-to-use mechanical variable speed trigger, a bright laser for precision work, a 2-speed all ball bearing motor and a 360 gear.
18. DEWALT Electric Drill
- One of the most powerful drills available
- Can handle pretty much any job
- You can feel the power the moment you switch it on
- Capable of Rapid Drilling Speed
- Includes an LED light
- Included 2 batteries
- 1-year limited service warranty
19. GALAX PRO Hammer Drill
- Light and compact design
- Affordable price
- One-year warranty
- Speed lock button
- High power/high torque
- 360-degrees swiveling chuck
- Lightweight and compact design
- Low noise
- Amazing battery life
- Great power
There are a lot of good reasons why this GALAXY PRO is one of the best electric drills on the market, especially for its price. First, it can deliver maximum torque of 134.4Nm, and it has a high speed of 3000 to 3200 rpm, which are enough to get the job done well.
Secondly, it features a versatile option with a 360-degree swiveling chuck that holds tightly onto any bit. This means you don’t have to adjust it, and because it’s so durable, you can also easily use it for longer periods of time without worrying about it.
Its lightweight and compact design makes it easy to control, and you don’t have to worry about any weight issues due to its lightness.
20. Electric Drill
1/2 In Chuck with 27 Keyless.
21. XtremepowerUS Deluxe 1200w Electric Rotary Hammer SDS Plus Drill Swivel Adjustable Handle Drilling Chisel Flat Bit w/Carrying Case
- Fast and powerful 1200w motor.
- This heavy duty electric drilling machine has dual handles making it easier to control drill bit and machine during operation.
- Adjustable handle with swivel has ergonomic design for maximum comfort.
- Product comes with 2 safety glasses, a leather belt and a storage case
- 16mm self-centering magnetic bit included which has 2 side cutting tips and 1 chisel tip for a perfect precision.
- Safe use: the product has a voltage overload protector and the body is made of anti heat dust material which makes it safe to use.
22. Electric Drill
23. Stalwart Electric Power Drill
- Lightweight at 6.9 lbs
- Easy to set screw depth
- Comes with convenient accessories
- 3 LED’s: bright, dim, and fast
- 6 foot cord
- Quality control issues in early 2016
- Not suitable for all types of screws
24. Right Angle Drill
- Rotates 90°
- Powerful, enough to drill through wood
- Easy to use
- Easy to store
- Has brake
- Easy to start and stop
- No battery required
- Quick change bits to adapt to work
- Not easy to use on the floor
- Requires separate adapter
- Drilling through walls is difficult without getting third hand help
- Larger power source necessary for heavier jobs, thus a cord is quite inconvenient
2-3/8 In, Electric.
25. Yakamoz 0.7-1.2mm Mini Micro Electric Aluminum Hand Portable Handheld Drill
- Compatible with lots of accessories
- Efficient Work
- Great for household uses such as building, drilling, cutting, and more
Assembling the drill is not that hard because you can do it with little effort. In addition, you will also get the two Philips head screwdrivers, 4 batteries, a leather work belt, an instruction booklet, a box, a warranty card, and the drill itself.
The quality is not that bad for its price. The lack of the torque is compensated with the use of the rechargeable batteries, which can let you work for hours without the need to recharge.
This drill you can use in carpentry work, for any drilling purposes, and even in DIY projects.
26. DEWALT Electric Drill
A few weeks worth of research and reviews have yielded these great items that made the cut.
Now, it’s time to choose among them. Let’s go over the best electric drills and the factors to consider when buying an electric drill.
A good electric drill is a necessity. It can be used to hang picture frames and to assemble furniture. A good electric drill can be used for builders and home maintenance projects.
27. Ridgid 8-Amp Corded 1/2 in. Heavy-Duty Variable Speed Reversible Drill –
- Simply put, this is probably one of the best electric drills on the market.
With a 12-volt max motor, this drill can produce 201 inch-pounds of torque, which is outstanding. Those who have used this product have reported that it can break by neck in a matter of seconds.
The key feature of this product is its reversible nature. Reversing this product is a breeze and takes practically no time.
The chuck of this product is also pretty special. With a keyless chuck, you don’t need to worry about losing the key.
28. Electric Drill
- Great price
- Comes with a battery pack
- Has LED lights
- Comes with an adjustable base
- Handle is uncomfortable
- Doesn’t come with batteries
This is a fairly lightweight drill. It is easy to use and has an adjustable base, so it’s very handy for varied kinds of tasks around the house.
The very convenient feature of this drill is that it comes with 2 rechargeable 18V LXT batteries. It’s also compact and easy to use. It gives a work time of 1 hour for every charge.
But what’s perhaps most exciting about this drill is that it is part of Makita’s LXT line, which means that it can take the high heat you dish out, even during the demands of high-performance driving.
29. DEWALT Electric Drill
- Innovative brushless motor increases power, offers extended runtime, and all-weather performance
- Variable speed for wide range of project applications
- Flexibility of a reversible motor
- Storage area for accessories
- Ergonomic handle for increased comfort and control
- Durable and reliable
The DEWALT DWD216G corded drill has a ½-inch chuck, keyed mid handle, variable speed control, 10-foot cord, and a three-year limited warranty.
The DEWALT drill comes with a contractor bag which is enough protection that it can be safely tossed into the trunk of your car for easy transport for jobs around the house or on the job. The DEWALT drill will also hold you back with a power switch which is positioned so that it can be shut off with a quick flick of your hand even if you are holding a power tool.
The DEWALT drill is a piece of equipment that every construction worker, do-it-yourself home renovator, or wood worker will appreciate having in their collection of tools.
30. Milwaukee 0299-20 Magnum 8 Amp 1/2-Inch Drill
- 2 Speed Settings for varied torque and speed
- 1/2-inch Single Sleeve Chuck for strong torque when needed
- 1/2-Inch Metal Hex Shank for low torque applications
- Reversible Metal Housing for drilling in awkward locations
- 12 Amp Quick-Load Motor for heavy duty applications
- LED Light for hard to see areas
- EZ View Bead Sight for precise drilling
- D-Handle for comfort and control
- Lightweight and compact design
The Milwaukee 0299-20 Magnum is a corded drill with two speed settings for a varied amount of torque and speed. The drilling process is reversed which provides low torque and high speeds for tough material and for high torque and low speeds for drilling in tight places. The chuck has a quick load feature that allows for instant switching of bits. The LED lights illuminate hard to see areas. The EZ View Bead Sight allows for precise drilling. The Mag Light Drill is a drill and drive system with a reversible metal housing. It also includes, diamond bits, 3/8-inch power chuck, heavy duty cord, and carrying case.
31. VigorIA Micro Mini Small Electric Aluminum Hand Portable Handheld Drill Bits-(0.8-1.5mm)
- Don’t need to change batteries
- Can drill in tight places
- Tourmaline-coated drill bits that prevent excessive friction, heat and damage to the surface.
- Not powerful enough for hardwood
- Thin plastic on case
Do you need a small, lightweight drill that will fit into small spaces and can be used for around-the-house fix-it projects? You want a drill with a small head and lightweight design. This Vigor IA drill is a great starter drill.
For the price, it’s nice that Vigor includes a corded model. If you already have batteries, you can just plug the cord into the corded model.
This is a lightweight drill (a tad over 1 pound). It’s easy to get used to operating the drill with your right hand and stabilizing it with your left hand.
32. BLACK+DECKER BDEDR3C 120V 3/8" Corded Drill
- Compact design
- Great for around the house
- Not very powerful
BLACK+DECKER makes another appearance on this list, although this time with its entry level drill.
This drill is part of the “Compact” series, which means that the BLACK+DECKER BDEDR3C drill is smaller and lighter than other drills. This is great for people who need a drill that they can carry around the house while they take the occasional screw out.
All the great features that you’ve come to expect from BLACK+DECKER are included in this drill. A positionable LED light allows you to clearly see the areas around your drill. This is handy if you’re taking screws out of wood or driving screws into places where you can’t bring a light.
33. Genesis GD38B Variable Speed Reversible Electric Drill
- Great budget option
- Features an ergonomic design
- Delivers high performance
If you’re looking for a great electric drill that won’t break the bank, then the Genesis GD38B is definitely worth considering. This powerful-yet-compact drill is designed to handle the same tasks as drills that are several times its price.
You get a convenient belt clip and plenty of safety features included as well. The two speed settings allow you to switch easily between drilling fast or drilling slow. An LED light illuminates dark work areas and the depth stop collar allows you to make precise measurements. This drill has a solidly built, ergonomic handle as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best electric drill for home use?
One brand that I have found is the perfect electric drill for home use is Dewalt. They have a wide range of options, from very easy to handle models to the heavy duty, industrial type model. The most effective electric drill I have ever used is the Dewalt DCD950B 18V nicad cordless drill/driver. This drill has really been a super way for me to get all kinds of tasks done.
I absolutely love this drill. It is really powerful, which means it can get countless tasks done with ease. This kit is a really great one because it comes with everything you need for any job and you can really get everything you want done in no time. The battery is really long lasting and charges fully very quickly as well. I think that is really great for a product like this.
What is the best brand of electric drill?
We have not experienced much difference comparing the different brands of drill on all of the projects that we use ours for. I was using Ridgid and Dewalt drills; but, recently I was given a Reindeer cordless drill by my girlfriend’s mom, and I really like it.
Investing in a good drill is a good move, though. It lasts a long time, and it will save you a lot of time and hassle.
What is the most reliable cordless drill?
After testing and researching cordless drills we picked the Dewalt DC970K-2 as the best cordless drill. The DC970K-2 is powerful, strong and sturdy. It is comfortable to use and is complemented by the two speed gearbox which is designed for lessening user fatigue. It also comes with a Li-Ion battery designed for a consistent charge to improve performance and overall use.
What is the best drill for beginners?
The right power tool can make the difference between a frustrating DIY project that makes you want to spit, and a fun, well-organized and well-executed project that can be used for years to come.
When picking your first drill, there are several things to keep in mind. The individual components (battery, motor, mechanics, etc.) are just the primary components, and they will vary across the entire lot of drills in the market. For example, the best drill for professionals who will be working with it for hours a day will differ from someone who will be doing it once in a while, or for someone who is a professional, but a beginner at his profession.
An electric drill is one of the must-have pieces of equipment for DIY, repairs, and even arts and crafts. They make it possible to do jobs in comparatively shorter amounts of time. But the only downside is that there are a lot of high-quality drills which, at first glance, may seem exactly the same. We hope this list will help you pick the best one for your needs.
|DEWALT Electric Drill||Best Overall|
|VigorIA Micro Mini Small Electric Aluminum Hand Portable Handheld Drill Bits-(0.8-1.5mm)||Budget Pick|
|Electric Drill||Upgrade Pick|