Yes, it can kill just about anything!
Every household should have a bottle or two on hand for emergency cleaning.
This is a safe, inexpensive way to handle mange, skin problems, or other medical issues that can sometimes happen.
You can purchase it in a 4.5 liter plastic jug and pour it into smaller containers for refills. It’s also available in bottles of 8 oz or 10 oz.
Another product I like is the Wahl Flea and Tick Spray — this is a great spray for use on kitties and dogs. It’s also a good antiseptic for cleaning wounds, burns, or any skin problems you may experience.
|Isopropyl Alcohol||Best Overall|
|MG Chemicals 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol Electronics Cleaner||Budget Pick|
|Adam's Isopropyl Alcohol 99%||Upgrade Pick|
1. Isopropyl Alcohol
- Pretty much tasteless
- Great for cleaning delicate items
- Can be used as antiseptic
- Very cheap
- Environmentally friendly
- No residue problems
- Can be used to make your own tinctures
- Easily mixes with water
- Dries on surfaces in about 15 minutes
- Somewhat toxic
- Can cause minor skin irritation
2. Alliance Chemical
Isopropyl Alcohol or IPA as it is popularly known is an extremely effective solvent. It’s mainly used in fiber optics to clean connectors or to remove glue, which makes it the perfect ingredient required for a DIY waterless solution for cleaning your bicycles.
It’s really important to make use of a reliable supplier of this product so that you are always assured of getting a quality product which is important for its usage. Alliance Chemical is a reliable retailer offering affordable, high-quality products. The company provides bulk quantities as well volume purchases.
IPA must be kept in a cool dark place for optimum product life. Even if the container is closed, IPA will evaporate over time.
3. Isopropyl Alcohol Grade 99% Anhydrous
- Anhydrous that doesn’t contain any water
- Rids of bacteria and dead skin cells
- Doesn’t leave anything behind but the sterilized skin
- Doesn’t dry up skin at all
- Awesome price and packaging
- Avoids contact with eyes
- The smell can be tough to handle
- Isopropyl Alcohol can be irritating to the skin
/ 3.79 Liters
The above product is the best isopropyl alcohol that you can buy anywhere. Alcohol sterilization kills bacteria and debrides all areas that are subjected to its use, and can be used for cleaning a variety of stuff such as instruments and wounds.
4. 99.8% Pure Isopropyl Alcohol
- Can be decanted to smaller bottles
- Perfect for household and industrial uses
- 100% pure and non GMO
- High flash point to prevent inflaming
- Non-toxic and odorless
- Won’t stain, evaporate, or freeze
- Can be used in any room of the home, offices, restaurants, breweries and distilleries
- C Isopropyl Alcohol that is safe to drink will have a much lower concentration of alcohol. Overall, the higher the alcohol content, the better quality of Isopropyl Alcohol. The proof is derived from how much water a given alcohol can displace.
- Isopropyl Alcohol is flammable (although it has a higher flash point than ethanol). Proper precautions must be taken to avoid any incidents, including avoiding contact with flames, sparks, and heat.
- Avoid ingesting Isopropyl Alcohol. It may contain toxic impurities that could cause a range of dangerous health effects.
- Isopropyl Alcohol is typically very harsh to skin and eyes, so gloves and goggles are recommended when handling.
- Isopropyl Alcohol is poisonous to most animals and people, producing symptoms like vomiting, nausea, and loss of coordination.
5. Isopropyl Alcohol Grade 99% Anhydrous 1 Gallon –
This isopropyl alcohol is the real stuff. It’s pharmaceutical grade, which means it’s at minimum 99% pure.
When you’re purchasing isopropyl alcohol, it’s really important to be aware of which isopropyl alcohol you’re getting. This high purity isopropyl alcohol is not only the purest on the market, it’s also the cheapest, by far.
Isopropyl alcohol provides a variety of uses, even beyond cleaning. It is used in pharmaceutical products such as injectable diazepam, lorazepam, botox, corticosteroids, cyclosporine, ketamine, and in dyeing methacrylate for producing clear lens covers.
6. Adam's Isopropyl Alcohol 99%
- Safe for skin
- Affordable price
- Kills germs
- Low odor
- Environmentally responsible
- Is non-flammable
- Uses less plastic
- Isopropyl alcohol is a versatile solvent
- Can be used to clean your musical instrument
7. Medical Grade Alcohol
- Great for furniture, countertops, and personal care.
8. Belle of Hope Mara Ray 99% Isopropyl Alcohol Technical Grade
- 99% alcohol
- Great for cleaning and disinfecting your home
- Get rid of pests such as roaches and bed bugs
- Price is right
- Leaves no traces of fragrance or odor after application
- It’s the purest alcohol you can find
- Excellent cleaning solution for your disinfected home
- Hydrophilic properties remove harmful microscopic organisms from exposures
- Works well as an effective floor disinfectant and cleaner
- Works well for cleaning instruments
9. Isopropyl Alcohol 99%
(Strongest That You Can Obviously Buy)
Why is it always important to buy the best isopropyl alcohol you can get? The reason is because you need something that is 100% pure, and won't irritate your skin. However, you also want something that is able to quickly remove a substance from your skin, and that won't leave residue and chemicals that can do more harm.
If you're looking for a simple way to clean skin cuts and scrapes, or remove toxins from your body, then this best isopropyl alcohol is the only solution you'll ever need.
10. Jermee Isopropyl Alcohol
With recent news of hospitals cracking down on using Isopropyl alcohol due to the fact it can damage their equipment, it’s important to make sure you get the best Isopropyl alcohol possible. This is the best you can get. It’s even made in the USA.
I recommend getting the four gallon container, which has the best price per ounce. I also recommend getting at least a gallon as you can use it on many different things as it’s great in cleaning, disinfecting. I have used it to disinfect my phone before too.
When you pour IPAs into a pump spray bottle it works for all your household needs. For example: you can use the IPA in a spray bottle in the kitchen to clean windows, disinfect your countertops, clean your sink, etc. I use it all the time to clean mirrors too.
11. Savant 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Relatively cheap
- U.S. Pharmacopeia and the U.S. Pharmacopeia
- Infection control
- Used as a solvent
- Dissolves most organic materials
- Air Drying
- Contains about 70 percent water
- The fumes are harmful to breathe
- Too strong a concentration is corrosive
12. Eternal 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
* Specially formulated for the specific needs of my nails and jewelry
To find the best isopropyl alcohol, we needed to find the one that is best suited for prepping jewelry, my nails, and my sticking electronics to my desk.
This isopropyl alcohol is the one we found to be the best!
13. Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9%
Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% purity, USP/NF, DNA/RNA grade
Easy to read 1 gal. (3.785 l) white plastic bottle with a tamper-evident cap
If you’re reading this, you’re probably doing some research on the best alcohol for cleaning. Looking for recommendations on what to use as an alternative for household chemicals that contain harsh chemicals such as acetone and toluene, are flammable, and can cause nerve damage.
14. Ecoxall Chemicals
- Fastest Delivery
- Concentrated rubbing alcohol
- Best price
- Great reviews
- Made in The United States
- Poor delivery
- Negative feedback
- Poor quality isopropyl alcohol
- Slowest delivery
- Delay in shipping
Isopropyl alcohol is a popular solvent used in laboratories and for industrial purposes. It is also used by professional organizations such as morticians for embalming. Isopropyl alcohol is important for routine cleaning tasks because it is a very effective sanitizer. It is a safe alternative for use in homes and for personal uses. You can also purchase isopropyl alcohol products such as Windex and other household cleaners in this form.
Isopropyl alcohol is also the best solvent for cleaning high grade lenses and camera lenses. There are many camera lens cleaning kits that use isopropyl alcohol to clean camera lenses. This chemical can provide a better cleaning power than other conventional solvents like acetone, ethyl alcohol, or other solvents.
15. Marianna 99% Isopropyl Alcohol 16 oz.
- Isopropyl alcohol works great against 99.9% of all germs
- Isopropyl alcohol is safe to use around the entire family
- Isopropyl alcohol is an efficient, affordable method to reduce germs
- Isopropyl alcohol is safe to use on all surfaces
- Does not smell bad
- Price is reasonable
- Solution can dry in as quickly as 2-3 minutes
- Need to apply solution to the infected areas as many times as needed
Getting the model with the best isopropyl alcohol is key. There are a few reasons why this is important. First, isopropyl alcohol is the most used disinfectant in the United States so you should expect every home and office, to have a bottle. Second, the more isopropyl alcohol you use, the more effective it will be. It won’t be as strong as the solution a doctor would prescribe, but it will be a lot more than a regular guy would make at home. Third, you can use the solution more than once. That means you will use up less isopropyl alcohol. Last, you can see the difference in effectiveness.
There are many reasons why you may need to disinfect an item. If you have an infection, you may have to disinfect your entire room, especially if you have children. Other reasons include cleaning up in rooms like bathrooms or kitchens.
16. Max-Pro Precision Cleaner Isopropyl Alcohol 12oz.
- Less smelly (less likely to give you headaches) that some other brands
- Pure form, not a diluted mixture
- Perfect for cleaning lenses, sensors and other delicate materials
- Cleans with very little effort
- Great for cleaning electronics
- Best suited for smaller jobs
- Great when mixed with 70%+ Isopropyl Alcohol
- Beware of other brands. Without a doubt, this is the best Isopropyl Alcohol on the market. There are several brands out there that are inferior quality and will leave you disappointed. This will be the only brand we carry, so don’t be fooled by the cheaper knock-offs.
- Isopropyl Alcohol is often used for removing mold from homes, but is also helpful for many other cleaning projects. Nail polish, makeup, crayon, crayons, glue…you name it, and it’s probably good to use isopropyl alcohol to wipe it from you.
17. Isopropyl Alcohol 99%
- Very pure
- Clear solution
- Relatively flammable
- Risk of toxicity
18. Emerson Labs 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Can serve as an alcohol based antiseptic with a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity
- Used to help disinfect and dry out wounds
- Can be used as a disinfectant for surfaces exposed to pathogens
- Can be used as a preservative to help food products to keep them fresh
19. MG Chemicals 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol Electronics Cleaner
- Electronic parts are thoroughly cleaned
- Great for cleaning CDs and DVDs
- Create a stronger bond between two parts
- Can dissolve oil-based paint
- There’s a chance that you’ll take longer to clean an electronics item using it
- It may not get rid of that icky smell after you’ve washed something in it
This is a powerful cleaner that will help in getting your electronic parts scrupulously clean. It works exceptionally well with CDs, CDs and DVDs, and will help in getting rid of the funky smell that electronics have when you take them out of there plastic packaging.
The isopropyl alcohol is created with 99.9% pure isopropyl alcohol, meaning it gets rid of bacteria and germs for a cleaner and healthier item that’s clean and ready to use. It’s great for cleaning the inside and outside of all electronic items, as well as getting rid of oil-based paint and other paints on the outside of your computer.
It’s also a great way to create stronger bonds. You can find it in almost every hardware store.
20. Cleanmo 99% Isopropyl Alcohol Cleaning Large Non Woven Wipe,Surface Cleaner
- Low Price
- Efficient, quick absorption
- Leaves no residue
- No odors
- No color
- Keeps electronics clean
- Safe on all surfaces except for leather
- Removes grease
- Wipes are large
- Can dry up absorbent surfaces like computer components
- Has a slight scent
- Sticky residue may be left on surfaces
- Not as good as other products
(Straight Alcohol Wipes)
21. Professional Medical Grade 99% Alcohol Quart by Walker Tape Co.
- Affordable price
- Effective for a variety of uses
- Strong enough for small injuries
- May be too strong for some uses
- Bottle can break if dropped
If you’re looking for a quart of isopropyl 99% strength medical grade alcohol, you can’t go wrong by choosing this product.
You get a full quart for a good price.
The alcohol contained within is 99% pure and made specifically for medical purposes. Using this isopropyl alcohol appropriately will allow you to clean and disinfect minor scrapes, skin abrasions, and temporary sprains.
22. MG Chemicals 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol Handy Wipe
- Reaches Almost Any Temperature
- Cleans Almost Anything
- Can Be Used in Almost Every Application
- Leaves Almost No Residue
- Doesn’t Have a Distinct Odor
- Natural Flash Point
- Can Be Hard to Find
- Has to be Brought to a Store
- Not A Substitute For A Safety Data Sheet
- Not For Internal Use
If you want the best isopropyl alcohol isopropyl alcohol, then we highly recommend the wipes from MG Chemicals. This alcohol is manufactured by a company that offers over 20 years of experience in producing cleaning products, and they do it for use at home or in industries.
They claim that they have the best isopropyl alcohol at the lowest cost, and they pride themselves in their commitment to their customers. They are a family run business that recognizes and appreciates their customers, and they take personal involvement in their business decisions.
They are a company that believes in providing the highest quality products they can at the lowest cost possible, and they are a valuable asset to the cleaning and janitorial industry. No one can beat their price on a case of six cans each holding 16 ounces of isopropyl alcohol.
23. MG Chemicals 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol Electronics Cleaner
- Isopropyl alcohol works just as well as a disinfectant for computers as it does for cleaning electronics
- What you may not know, is that it’s also a very effective thermometer cleaner and softener
- Best of all, it’s good for us
- Mostly harmless to humans and the environment
- No strong smells
- Cost Effective
- Don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals damaging your electronics
- A little goes a long way
- No added chemicals
- Completely stable and won’t evaporate
- You need to be careful when buying isopropyl alcohol (also known as rubbing alcohol). Some brands contain undesirable chemicals that you may be sensitive to, especially if you plan to use it for medical reasons.
- Check the ingredients in the isopropyl alcohol you buy. Isopropyl should be listed first, and if it has other chemicals, make sure those chemicals are listed at the end. You want isopropyl alcohol with no added chemicals.
- Put a little isopropyl alcohol on your wrist before applying it to your face. If you begin to experience any irritation, discontinue use.
24. 2 x 950ml Bottles of 99+% Pure Isopropyl Alcohol Industrial Grade IPA Concentrated Rubbing Alcohol
- Useful for keeping things clean
- Good for research
- Doesn’t contain additives that drip and lose
- Safe to use around children
- Portable and easy to pack
- Lightweight bottle to save room
25. Artnatural Rubbing Isopropyl Alcohol
- Best for eliminating germs
- Only 1-quart required for cleaning large spaces
- Highly concentrated formula
- Longer shelf life than regular alcohol
- Almost the same price as regular isopropyl alcohol
- Packaging could be better.
Isopropyl Alcohol is best known to have germicidal, disinfecting, and sanitizing properties, aside from being a solvent.
It can also be used as an effective and inexpensive general cleaner for industry and daily household use.
This isopropyl alcohol is a commercial grade (hydrous) IPA (isopropyl alcohol) , distilled to a very high degree, retaining the chemical make-up of medical and industrial grade IPA (isopropyl alcohol). A very thick solution, suitable for cleaning exterior parts of microscopes, medical instruments, and many delicate and sensitive apparatus and equipment.
26. MaxTite Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9%
- Safe for plastic, rubber, aluminum, steel, paint and glass
- Effective even when diluted with water
- Does not leave behind residue when it evaporates
- Exceptional purity
- Not a strong odor
- A bit expensive
- Can take more time to evaporate than 91% isopropyl alcohol
If you’re in the market searching for a good isopropyl alcohol and one gallon is not enough for you, this brand might be a good option. The price does not seem to take into consideration the fact that it’s a gallon container, but it might be worth it if you have a large job that requires more isopropyl alcohol.
You don’t need to worry about icky side effects like headaches, dizziness, or nausea that you would experience if using other brands.
When it comes to using this isopropyl alcohol, it’s best to dilute it first before using it to clean electronic components. For effective cleaning of all your stuff, mix one part isopropyl alcohol with one part water and then the solution.
27. Evaxo Iso Propyl 91%
- Cuts through grime and gunk
Isopropyl alcohol is a versatile chemical that can be used for a variety of things.
Just as many people used it in college for different things, you can use it for cleaning purposes.
The great thing is that you can use it for many different parts of your house or apartment, such as scrubbing appliances, floors, carpets, sinks, and even your bathroom. Whatever you can think of, there’s a good chance that you could use isopropyl alcohol for it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does rubbing alcohol kill the coronavirus?
Yes, but it MUST come in direct contact with infected water. If you bought a aquarium, that SHOULD have been treated. This virus is usually spread through live fish, so if you use it is very important that you do another chemical treatment of your tank one week after the first to make sure that you kill all the eggs that were in the water.
Also make sure that your aquarium is fully cycled before adding fish because if your tank was not cycled when you added new fish, they will put a strain on your ammonia and nitrite filters; especially in a freshwater tank.
This will make your fish sick and possibly kill them. And you should NEVER put a sick or injured fish in the same tank at all. If your fish is sick, you need to isolate it immediately and start a separate tank with antibiotics and high-quality water or you risk infecting your entire tank.
How does cleaning surfaces with alcohol kill the coronavirus?
While the exact mechanics behind the relationship between cleaning surfaces with isopropyl alcohol and killing the coronavirus are not known, what is known is that alcohol has strong antibacterial/antiviral properties.
To effectively clean hands of the coronavirus, some suggest to be sure to use soap and hot water when cleaning the area, as this would help to break open and dissolve the virus and get rid of it immediately. This is why isopropyl alcohol is also a good way to clean hands.
How long does it take for lysol to kill COVID-19 virus?
With the right amount of Lysol and isopropyl alcohol, C.O.V.I.D.-19 can be killed in less than 10 minutes.
Can alcohol-based wipes be used to disinfect surfaces?
Surprisingly, the answer is no … or at least not for long. I spent a considerable amount of my time in college at a job that required me to clean up all sorts of messes. Bleach wipes and a commercial disinfectant were the go-to method.
When I started a new job, I was alarmed to learn that some of the seemingly cleanest surfaces were the ones that had the highest risk of spreading germs. After some high-tech tests, the reasoning became abundantly clear: alcohol-based disinfectants break down within minutes of contact with even non-porous surfaces.
Next time youre about to disinfect with rubbing alcohol, it would be wise to wipe it down again with something more permanent later.
What's the best way to use it? What conditions can decrease its effectiveness? What's the easiest way to clean your Bambou Chinois Reusable Straw?
And much more!
You won't find all the answers in this book from one source.
But you will save time on research and figuring things out with this book, and it'll be easier for you to make a decision.
Let us show you how to make this process easier.
Thanks again for downloading this book, I hope you enjoy it!
Copyright 2016 by Sarah Clark – All rights reserved.
|Isopropyl Alcohol||Best Overall|
|MG Chemicals 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol Electronics Cleaner||Budget Pick|
|Adam's Isopropyl Alcohol 99%||Upgrade Pick|