From LeapFrog, Vtech, Fisher-Price, and Sylvanian Families, the best kids' tablets will make your child want to keep asking questions. So, it's a good thing, because kids need to learn new things every day.
Right now, having a tablet can be a children's best friend. A way for your child to find out about the world around them and have less downtime exploring the digital playground. It can also be used as entertainment for long road trips and messes up a bit more space. The best tablet for kids is a parent's best friend, too.
|Apple iPad mini||Best Overall|
|Kids Tablet 7 Android Kids Tablet||Budget Pick|
|LeapFrog Epic Academy Edition||Upgrade Pick|
1. Apple iPad mini
- High quality HD display
- Smaller and lighter
- 7 hours of battery life
- Good sound quality
- Faster and smoother processing
- Strong ecosystem with iTunes and App Store
- Many games available
- Endless selection.
- Cheaper models without retina display
- Expensive compared to Amazon Fire (but it’s not that expensive if you compare it to a laptop).
- Can’t show Netflix in HD in Australia (Australia only)
- Stylus is not a must (iPads are better with fingers)
- It’s not a laptop (but we do love it for what it is)
I've found that the iPad Mini is a great kid's tablet, and it fits very well in the school bag. The teachers commented that the handwriting recognition program was good, and it was intuitive enough that the kids got the hang of it very quickly. I've really enjoyed the responsiveness of the tablet, especially in a multi-touch format.
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab A Kids Edition 8”
- Very lightweight
- Very durable
- Comes with a tough case
- Made with kids in mind
- Has a long battery life
- Great compatibility
- The perfect size for little hands
- Contains parental control features
- Cute case
- No camera
- No Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
Kids can learn so many things from using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A Kids Edition. The large 8” touchscreen makes it very easy for kids to navigate the device. It also has a super high-resolution display with realistic colors that makes video look amazing.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A Kids Edition comes preloaded with Sharpie Kids, Sesame Street, Disney Movies Anywhere, Fisher-Price, and PBS Kids apps. This makes it the perfect media and entertainment companion for children. It also comes with a two-year warranty from Samsung.
3. All-new Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet
- Very durable
- Excellent parental controls
- Access to unlimited content
- Comes with a 2 year no questions asked guarantee
There aren’t too many tablet options for kids – and most of them are very expensive and are simply not worth it. After hours of research, we’ve found that the best option for a child under 12 is the Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition.
This is more reliable than an Android tablet on which kids can download anything that isn’t governed under settings. Unlike tablets that kids can get from schools or churches, this tablet comes with a no questions asked 2 year warranty.
4. Kindle Kids Edition
- Great for reading and games
- Protective cover for easy use
- Affordable prices
- Large selection of reading material
- Fun, bright cover
- Easy to use
If you're choosing between the newest addition to the Kindle family and the cheaper Fire Kids, I would highly recommend paying the extra money.
The Kindle is sturdier, and with a wider range of books to choose from. It is all around more successful at providing a digital reading experience that would be similar to that of reading a physical book. That being said, if you're looking for a device other than the newest Kindle, the Fire Kids is an acceptable option that will allow you to download a wide assortment of cartoons and books for your child while only costing a few dollars more than a Kindle without special features.
I believe that the Kindle is a much better option for reading than the Fire Kids because of its screen size. It is much easier for children to read, left-handed or right-handed, because of the size, which is a major selling point for the Kindle Kids Edition.
5. LeapFrog Epic Academy Edition
- Very Educative
- Quite Secure
- Easy to Use
As a parent who’s always looking to get my children interested and educated about technology, the LeapFrog Epic Academy Edition tablet is the best tablet for kids.
It’s a 9.7-inch, Android 4.4 tablet that comes with a durable build, a decent amount of storage, an easy-to-use interface, and more. Plus, it has built-in access to a vast library of pre-approved content.
A majority of children’s games do not require the kids to use their speech, which is much more important that most parents realize. This tablet will help your children communicate their feelings and learn new words and skills like never before.
6. RCA Android Tablet Bundle
- Built in Android operating system
- Great for playing games
- Comes with software and book titles
If you’ve got a young kid, the RCA Android Tablet Bundle might be perfect for you. It’s a great kids’ tablet that comes fully loaded with all the Android Apps your child might need.
There’s also software provided by RCA that’s all about teaching kids how to use technology safely and responsibly, which is why this tablet is a great option as one of the best kids’ tablets.
The RCA Android Tablet Bundle also comes with a carrying case, a tablet sleeve, a soft case, a plastic tablet cover, a silicone wireless keyboard cover, headphones, and a voucher for a year of paid parental control software.
7. Dragon Touch Y88X Pro 7 inch Kids Tablets
- Kids will love the colorful tablet with preloaded Disney content
- Perfect for playing games like Minecraft
- Comes loaded with Google Play, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Can be a little fiddly to operate
- Not easy to replace the batteries
This Kids Tablet comes in a variety of different colors. Regardless of the color you choose, you can rest assured knowing they all come loaded with Google Play.
The Dragon Touch Y88x is extremely easy to use thanks to the intuitive user interface. Once the tablet is powered up and you access the Play Store, you can easily download any and every game and application your heart desires.
Any applications or games you get from the Play Store will automatically be installed on your tablet.
8. All-new Fire HD 8 Plus tablet
- It has the best and most beautiful screen
- It has just the right speed. It is not too slow or too fast.
- It is very easy to use, even the most rudimentary of users can operate it
- It is very light. Almost like nothing
- It is very secure. No chance for kids to touch unauthorized content
- It comes with its very own Amazon Alexa app
- There is no expandable storage, you will need a separate SD card
- Some people will find that they should spend a little more to get something a little more powerful
If you are looking for a tablet that’s appropriate for kids but capable of adapting to your needs, the Amazon Fire HD 8 is the one.
It comes with the best and most beautiful display that will surely provide you with a whizzing entertainment experience.
It’s a great choice for kids: the Fire HD 8 is protected by a sturdy Gorilla Glass that keeps it safe from scratches and dents.
9. Kids Tablet
Built-in Duanle Speaker.
10. Vankyo MatrixPad Z1 Kids Tablet 7 inch
- Easy to use
- Made with kid-safe material
- Suitable for kids 3 years and up
- Includes an affordable 7" tablet
If you're on the hunt for the best kids tablet, one that won't break the bank and helps your children learn, play, and stay connected to their world then this tablet may be the one.
The tablet comes with Kidoz Android Kids OS, so it's already easy to use in a kid friendly environment. And because this tablet comes with 32GB internal memory and more advanced features that you normally see in kids' tablets, you don't have to do a whole lot of setup.
Reviewers seem to love the pre installed Kidoz app which provides access to over 1000 apps, books, movies, TV, and music so your kids have tons to keep them busy.
11. Lenovo Smart Tab P10 10.1” Android Tablet
- Alexa ready
- Durable material
- Works two ways: touchscreen and with a pen
- Decent battery life
- Large storage capacity
- Doesn’t come with a protective case
- Has not got an extra USB port
- Might be too big for some kids in a small age bracket
As a young child, there is a good chance your son or daughter already knows how to use a tablet. If not, it’s something they learn pretty fast. Therefore, there is no need for an expensive one and you should keep this in mind when searching for the best kids’ tablet.
If you’re going to get a tablet for a kid then I’d suggest getting a kid friendly one. Don’t get one that’s too complicated and expensive because then there’s a good chance they will get bored with it and it will end up in the back of a cupboard forgotten about. When it comes to kids’ tablets, less is more!
12. Contixo V8-2 7 inch Kids Tablets
- Good for pre-k programs
- Creates a good learning environment
- No cameras
- Not as durable as some other tablets
The Contixo V8 Kids tablet is a friendly Android-powered tablet for children from the age of 2 to 10 years old. It has an 8-inch screen and comes with a comprehensive list of educational and entertaining content for children. The tablet has all of the functionality of a regular Android tablet with a number of improved features such as parental controls, games, toddler mode, child-friendly browsers, a digital e-book reader, and more.
The Contixo V8 Kids Tablet is suitable for most pre-k as well as some elementary school programs. The tablet comes pre-loaded with a number of learning apps which include educational and productivity apps. It comes with educational games that are held in motivating categories such as science, math, arts, and more. The tablet also comes with parental controls and content filtering which makes it an excellent tool for parents to introduce their children to technology.
13. SANNUO Kids Tablet 10.1 inch
- GMS certified.
- GPS navigation.
- Long lasting.
- Crystal clear display.
- Auto-rotating screen.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Loud sound.
- 2GB of RAM.
- Google play store support.
- Less powerful processor.
- Not for gaming.
- The buttons are stiff.
- Low res pixel density display.
- The kids tablet sometimes stopped working because of low RAM.
The Sannuo Kids Tablet 10.1 inch is a media tablet for kids made from high quality plastic and the tablet features preloaded educational games. It also has a GPS navigation system, a crystal clear display full HD display, G-sensor and anti-shatter.
The Sannuo kids tablet comes with lots of accessories including a case, cover mount, screen protector, stylus pen, USB cable, a SD card, a leather pouch and a windows software CD.
14. Apple iPad
The new, “Refreshed” version of a proven classic. The iPad is the perfect way to entertain on-the-go.
The iPad (10.2”, WiFi, 128GB) is a definite candidate if you need a kid-friendly tablet with great battery life. This iPad is the perfect way for little ones learn the fundamentals of art, music, and creativity. There are several to choose from, and the most popular is the 10.2” size. It’s extra lightweight and easy to hold. Colors are true to life, and it supports an easy-to-use interface.
The best aspect of this iPad is that it has a long battery life and won’t get too hot or overheat when in use.
15. 10.1-inch Tablet
The Vtech InnoTab 3S is among the best kids tablets for 7 year olds on the market right now. The Good: For starters, the VTech InnoTab 3S is pretty durable and can get dropped as often as you want it to and still survive. The battery lasts surprisingly long, around 6 hours (that’s for about 3 hours of screen time on full volume).
The InnoTab 3S also comes with two cameras on the front and rear of the device, providing kids with photo capturing capabilities as well as various built-in games, apps and videos that they can enjoy. The Bad: There is barely anything bad about the InnoTab 3S, but if we really had to find something, it would be that it takes around 3 hours to fully charge.
16. Kids Tablet 7 Android Kids Tablet Toddler Tablet Kids Edition Tablet
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Fairly inexpensive
- Has built-in Parental Control
- Smaller screen
- No physical keyboard
The Blaupunkt LA610S-V provides sturdy protection for your device.The case clips to the back of your iPad Mini so you can access the full slate of features without removing it.
The dual-position stand provides a solid platform for watching movies. The elastic corner straps keep your iPad Mini safe and secure.
This case is available in four colors and two versions: the Kids Edition and the regular one.
17. Simbans TangoTab 10 Inch Kids Tablet
- Many educational games that can help with schoolwork
- Comes with a free eBook and a Red protective bumper case
- Made from durable material
- Parental control over the playtime encourages digital obesity
Tablets are hot on the market for kids now, and Simbans offers one of the highest rated ones with its TangoTab 10 inch. The tablet comes with 32GB of storage that can be expanded to a total of 64GB via a micro SD card slot. Also, it features 3GB of RAM, Bluetooth, WiFi, an HDMI port and even has 2 cameras; one 2MP front-facing camera and one 5MP rear-facing camera that runs on Android Pie 9.0. These features make this tab to be called as a computer.
The tablet comes with a free eBook and a Red protective bumper case that helps prevent accidental damages. The main feature of the tablet is its educational apps that help in teaching kids.
I hope that my book has helped you find the right tools for your home care. Take care of yourself and others by keeping your home clean and fresh.
18. Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet
- Very affordable for a kids’ tablet
- It comes with a two-year warranty
- Child-friendly case
- Can be wiped clean easily
- Very light and portable
- Excellent for educational purposes
- Can’t download apps and other content
- Not suitable for older kids
The Fire HD 8 Kids Edition is aimed towards kids between the ages of three to twelve and is the best tablet for kids currently available in the market. Kids of this age would greatly benefit from this tablet and go far beyond just playing games. It comes with a case that provides complete protection against drops, bumps, and shocks. It is also designed with two-year guarantee and includes a 2-year worry-free guarantee which means that your contacts with Amazon would not stop even if your tablet gets damaged. You can also stream the TV shows, movies, and games for free with the assistance of Amazon Fire TV. The tablet comes with a 2-year guarantee and will be taken care of even after the ownership in case it is damaged. This tablet provide for an easy and great way to entertain your kids.
19. Padgene Kids Tablet 7 Inch,Android 9.0 Parental Control Kids Mode Pre-Installed WiFi Tablet Learning Games Camera IPS HD Display 1 GB+16GB
Considering there are so many cheap tablets for kids on the market, it’s important to consider the additional features that some may miss out on.It’s an affordable tablet that will probably be the only tablet you’ll need for your kid.
It’s great for my 6yr old.
One thing that stands out about this tablet is that it’s easy to use, and the controls are designed specifically for kids.Another thing I love about this tablet is the durable case that comes with it.
20. Kids Tablet 7 Android Kids Tablet
- Large screen
- Great for games & educational apps
- Lots of extras and included to kick it all off
- Android-based operating system with Google Play Store
- Easy to use
- Kids love it!
- Excellent customer service
- Easy setup
- Fun for kids
21. Tablet for Kids,Kids Tablet 7 Android Kids Tablets
- Low price
- Has a volume control (not all tablets for kids have this!)
- Entertainment value
- Easy to use
- Is a little heavy
- Isn’t as durable as a grown-up tablet
This android kids tablet is perfect for toddlers, both because of its low price and the fun features it offers.
It has a customizable dual-wall use, so you can use it as a stand and/or stand and take pictures. The camera works quite well for the price.
The sound quality is satisfactory, and it includes a microphone for voice recording.
22. Pritom 7 inch Kids Tablet
- A great gift idea for children
- Includes a one-year warranty
- A powerful and sufficiently featured tablet
- Very easy to use, lightweight, and portable
- Decent quality sound
- Great color contrast and display
- Priced very well considering all its features
- Available in multiple colors
- Little assembly required
- Fun and educational games
- Does not come with a wall charger, but it does come with a lot of cables
- May be slow in loading pages
- Warranty claims or replacements can be a hassle
- Apps have to be loaded into the device one at a time
- Can be difficult to see in direct sunlight
True to its name, this tablet is definitely for kids. For this reason alone, it is a great choice for anyone who wants to get a tablet for their child. The Pritom 7” Kids Tablet is the tablets you want your kids to have because it’s kids friendly.
In terms of specs, the Pritom 7” Kids Tablet comes with a quad-core processor, powerful graphics card, and a large amount of storage, which means it’s a great device for kids.
23. Kids Tablet 7 Toddler Tablet
- Small and light
- Comes with a protective case
- Powerful processor
- High definition screen
In regards to tablets, to steer toward the direction of the best kids’ tablets, I considered the best tablet for kids in terms of overall quality, durability, design, and entertainment potential. Best of all, this tablet is certainly one of the best in the market today.
The GZBoys Android 8.1 – Kids Tablet comes with a case designed specifically for kids. This great tablet comes with a built-in microphone, camera, and video recording capabilities. A Bluetooth and WiFi access makes it possible for your children to surf the web and to make phone calls.
24. Kids Tablets pc 7 Android Kids Tablet
- The Kids’ Tablet is just the thing for all the parents out there that want to educate and entertain the little ones in their lives.
Basically everything that this kids’ tablet offers is packed into a great looking, kid-friendly casing. It’s not just a design exercise, this tablet can do a lot, and the design is reflective of that.
You’ve got access to a ton of educational apps, plenty of kid-friendly games, and even parental controls. It’s a tablet made for kids, by kids, the way tablets should be.
The Kids’ Tablet is a great tablet for kids, but it isn’t just for kids. Adults can use it too thanks to the superior sound it offers.
25. Contixo 7 Inch Kids Learning Tablet Parental Control 16GB Android 9.0
- Educational software
- Child-proof case
- Cases may be difficult to access
- The tablet freezes for no apparent reason
26. Kids Tablet
27. Tablet for Kids,7 Kids Tablet Android 1GB +16 GB Kids Edition Tablet,Dual Cameras IPS Eye Protection,Pre Installed Learning Apps,Games
28. Kids Tablets,7inch Kids Edition Tablets
- Full-featured parental controls have you covered
- Engaging in-app educational games
- Great hardware, including a long-lasting battery
The best kids tablets are full of learning and entertainment. They’re great for kids to watch movies, play games, and read books, as well as to develop their cognitive and social skills.
This tablet will help to teach your child about the world around them, help them develop important social skills, and help them learn to read. I even know two year olds who love to use this tablet to watch movies on.
There are apps, games, and videos for toddlers and children of all ages. They’ll go through all of the stages of learning with the assistance of this tablet.
29. 8-inch Tablet
- Multimedia kid's tablet
- Alexa Compatible (Young Kids Edition)
- Educational games with touchscreen
- Expandable memory via Micro SD card
- Backlit LCD screen with adjustable brightness
- Bluetooth (Newest 2017 model)
- Parental Controls
- Tunewear for kids to make their own music
- Rechargeable Battery
- The 8 inch version is NOT waterproof!
30. 7" Display Kids Tablet
- Kids can use it in kid mode (no internet access)
- Comes with a durable silicone case
- Easy to use
- Kids love it
- Comes with a helpful manual
- 2 year warranty
- Battery only lasts about 6 hours (but that’s probably good for kids)
- No customer support
When the kids need a little time away from the computer and all their toys, a simple tablet is often the perfect solution.
These tablets are perfect for kids. They have tons of age-appropriate games and an interface that is incredibly kid-friendly. They have a special Parent Mode that allows caregivers to decide what games the kids can play and you can set limits for as well.
The Kid-proof silicon case is just what it sounds like. It keeps the tablet safe from bumps, it can be safely dropped, and the kids won’t break it.
31. Ematic Sprout Channel Cubby Cubby 7" 16 GB Tablet
- Compatible with Android and Apple phones and tablets
- Plenty of imagination apps
- Strong parental controls
- Great for learning functions
- Can be used like a laptop
- Learning apps can’t be installed offline
- Hard for kids to use on their own
- Not meant to be used for extended periods at a time
If you’re looking for a tablet that grows with your child, then you will want to consider the Ematic Sprout.
This tablet has a rubber case you can take off and wash, as well as a lock out mode you can use to block your kids from using certain apps or features. You can also set time limits for certain apps or the overall tablet.
The Ematic Sprout has a number of excellent learning apps and games and the touch screen is kid friendly and responsive. It is a nice size for little hands, though it does take some manual dexterity to press the right spot on the screen. The screen is colorful and responsive.
32. 7 Inch Kids Tablet
- Kid-proof case
- 16 GB of storage
- Spacious, bright tablet
- Includes a case and protective cover
- Fun children’s games
- Easy-to-use parental controls
- Great for young children
- Case can be a little awkward to hold
- Parental controls aren’t the most intuitive
This cheap Android tablet from Huagoo is a great gift for preschooler or anyone who’s just getting started with an Android tablet.
The tablet itself is encased in a kid-proof hard plastic case that allows you to let your younger children take it anywhere they want. The 2GB RAM and 16GB of storage holds onto your apps while the Quad-core CPU allows it to run smoothly.
You’ll be able to choose from 23 predefined light settings (like sunset, the beach, and tent) or use your own preferred setting to match your mood.
33. Kids Tablet 7 inch
- Great feature set
- Great repair support
- Great games
- Needs more age-appropriate content
- Basic parental controls
All kids’ tablets aren’t created equal, and there are only a few that are worth your consideration. The Kids Tablet 9 is one of them.
This solid tablet runs Android 9 and gives kids access to age-appropriate apps, games, movies, and TV shows. It’s also pre-loaded with the basic parental controls that you’ll likely need to get by without purchasing a more robust system.
It’s also water-resistant, so it’ll hold up to the inevitable spills. The Kids Tablet 9 is available in the classic Rose Gold hue.
34. Xgody 7 Inch HD Android Kids Tablet
- Very user friendly
- Safe and easy to use
- Sturdy but lightweight
- Good price
- Easy to use
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best tablet to buy for a child?
The trick with tablets for kids is to make sure there are parental controls on them, and that these controls can be easily managed. We prefer the Kindle Fire HD, as it is a nice hardware platform, has the latest software, competes on price with other popular kids’ tablets, and there is a lot of value you get for what you invest.
The Kindle is the only tablet that comes with 1-year of FreeTime Unlimited, which includes a lot of content for kids, and parents can select which of that content is available. FreeTime Unlimited has a lot of interactive books that kids will like, including selections from Sesame Street and National Geographic Kids.
Which Amazon Fire is best for kids?
The mid-range models are the Amazon Fire tablet and the Fire HD 6.
What is the best tablet for preschoolers?
The iPad Mini is still my favorite for kindergarteners and preschoolers. It still has the largest number of available apps, (yes, they come from the App Store, but most people are more familiar with that), most of which are designed for kids. The other ‘full-size’ tablets, like the iPad 2, are still nice, but they have the same problem of needing a case to protect the screen, which means constantly buying new cases as the kids gain or lose interest. The cheaper Amazon fire is fine, but the amount of available apps isn’t the same.
It comes down to parental preference, but I’ve seen plenty of kids as young as 3 or 4 using the iPad Mini.
Most tablets come with a collection of apps that are usually educational. These have proved to enhance the capability of children to think more creatively and logically, and to come up with their own meanings. They are useful in helping kids develop language, literacy, and mathematical skills. They also are an ideal source of information for youngsters who could use it as a resource to learn about ways in which they could contribute to a better world. The user-friendly interface and the educational apps for their different age levels make them so appealing and the right choice for most parents out there. They should be considered as one of the most rewarding gifts to your children.
|Apple iPad mini||Best Overall|
|Kids Tablet 7 Android Kids Tablet||Budget Pick|
|LeapFrog Epic Academy Edition||Upgrade Pick|