Moving blankets are indispensible for moving.
They’re perfect for protecting furniture and other items when transporting them to your home. You can even use them to wrap fragile items in during storage.
But moving blankets also have many more uses than just moving furniture, like:
- adding an extra layer of warmth by covering yourself before you go to sleep
- adding to the duration of a tent
- keeping dishes warm while cooking
|WEN 272406 72-Inch by 40-Inch Heavy Duty Padded Moving Blankets||Best Overall|
|U-Haul Furniture Protection Pad||Budget Pick|
|US Cargo Control Supreme Mover Moving Blankets||Upgrade Pick|
1. WEN 272406 72-Inch by 40-Inch Heavy Duty Padded Moving Blankets
- Light and easy to fold
- Easier to pack
- Resistant to tears
- Very wide
- Hard to get the blanket out from its packaging
- It is a bit heavy
For those who are looking to eliminate some of the stress that comes with moving, a couple of these light-weight moving blankets will do great.
These heavy duty blankets are just what you need to make sure that your belongings are carefully packed and suitably protected. They’re wide enough to cover your furniture, and they will stay in place.
These moving blankets are not as thick and heavy as other blankets you may find, but they’re just right for everyday use and for those who don’t want to feel burdened when moving.
2. Sure-Max 12 Moving & Packing Blankets
- Affordable price
- Easy to store when not in use
- Prevents scratches
- Water resistant and easy to clean
- Elastic around sides to hold blanket snug
- Helps to save money on tape and boxes
- 12 Pack for moving/packing
- Large Enough to Wrap Furniture & Fixtures
- Stretchable Material
Working with this company from the initial call to the delivery was a great experience. The customer service person was very helpful. They sent me the requested samples and I quickly selected the best color for my needs. The quality of the moving blankets was excellent and they were exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend them!
They were a good quality and helped me from scratching or breaking my apartment’s hardwood floor as I moved out. I would recommend these to anyone moving out.
These moving blankets exceeded my expectations in every way they're made of a heavy duty canvas and easy to clean material and have elastic side bars that keep it tight. I liked the thickness of them they were of a good weight, they're not thin like some moving blankets. I was able to wrap up all my couch very neatly. Very impressive and the price was cheap too!
3. US Cargo Control Econo Saver Moving Blankets
- Simple design that works well for moving
- Reusable and strong enough for long-term storage use
- Sturdy and thick
Moving blankets are an essential part of moving because it helps protect your belongings during the big move.
They’re also incredibly versatile and can be used for a number of other purposes including protecting your furniture against heat or water damage. This is particularly useful for those who are going for the somewhat common wood-and-linoleum flooring combination.
The US Cargo Control Econo Saver Moving Blankets are a perfect choice for your moving and storage needs because it’s long enough to wrap around larger furniture pieces, strong enough to support the weight of heavy furniture and made with sturdy, thick, and durable materials so that you can count on it for the long term.
4. ZENY 24 Moving Blankets Packing Blanket Quilted Shipping Furniture Pads 80’’x 72’’ Moving Supplies,Furniture Protection and Pack Blankets
- Protects furniture from damage
- Keeps glass from shattering
- Protects floors
- Makes moving process less stressful
ZENY 24 Moving Blankets Packing Blanket Quilted Shipping Furniture Pads 80’’x 72’’ Moving Supplies,Furniture Protection and Pack Blankets.
The ZENY 24 Moving Blankets 24x 72 Inches Furniture Moving Padded Blankets are intended to protect furniture from being scratched or damaged during a move. The ZENY Moving Blankets are lightweight and are designed to carry a maximum load of 550 pounds.
For protection, the furniture blankets are made of premium weather-resistant PVC coated Oxford fabric. These moving blankets work as a barrier between the sharp corners of furniture and walls that would normally cause scratches. The ZENY Moving Blankets also help hold glass from shattering and protect floors from getting gouged.
5. Moving Storage Packing Blanket
- Our Favourite
- Super helpful when moving
- Keeps furniture protected while being moved
- Water resistant
- Comes in larger sizes
- Not great for covering furniture while you sleep
- Can’t be used multiple times
If you’re looking for a moving blanket that will keep your furniture protected while being moved, then these are a very good option.
These blankets will keep your things protected while you move. They’re somewhat water resistant if you spill any drinks on them on moving day.
They come in large sizes and can cover a futon pretty easily. They’re not great if you need to sleep in your new house while your furniture is being moved. You’ll have to use sheets if you do this.
6. Moving Blanket
7. Uboxes Pro Economy Moving Blankets
If you’re looking for the best moving blankets for your next move, look no further. These Uboxes moving blankets will keep all of your furniture and appliances safe from scratches and dings during a move. The blankets themselves are fairly stable, so during moving, you can turn them up to 3 or 4 times if you’re being extra cautious
The black and white color scheme is also very versatile, which means you can use them for other things like painting, moving, covering storage during the winter, etc.
If you’re the type who like to buy things that are long-lasting, these moving blankets are perfect for you. They’re specially designed with the moving industry in mind, and have a tear and puncture resistant shell.
8. Uboxes Moving Blankets
- Thick Coating
- More Durable
- Have a waterproof coating on both sides
Uboxes moving blankets are made from high-quality materials. The blankets are extra thick and very durable, making them an ideal choice when it comes to packing breakables.
They also have a waterproof coating on both sides, which makes them an excellent choice when you’re packing bottles or dishes.
These blankets are great for heavy objects as they feature a thicker coating than a plastic or paper box. They can also be used over and over again.
9. Ironton Oversize Moving Blanket
- Dust mite and allergy resistant
- Extremely heavy duty
- Machine washable
- Absolutely huge at eight feet long
If you’re looking for the best moving blankets for couch, bed, sofa, or even car use, then this one from Ironton is a great option. While they’re a relatively low-priced product, they’re arguably the highest quality option on the market.
It is extremely large for its price range. Having a cover is rare with blankets this big, so consider picking up a decent cover if you’re not planning on using it in a moving situation.
10. 12 Moving Packing Blankets
- Thick padding
- Quilted design for extra protection and support
Durability is lacking. Although, if you want to get a lifetime warranty, you can get 3 years by mailing in a warranty card.
One of the most important parts of moving is ensuring you protect your furniture. However, moving blankets are one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways in which you can do this.
Moving Blankets are available in different disguises, from 2 packs to 12 packs. With that in mind, this guide will explain the different costs and benefits of each type available.
11. Forearm Forklift FFMB Full Size Medium Weight Quilted Moving Blanket
- Adjustable Heavy Duty Steel Frame
- Wind & Dust Proof
- Quilted Fabric
- Heavy Duty PVC Coated Nylon
- Storage Bag
- High Cost
- Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
This Forearm Forklift RTM-001 is easy to move with its adjustable heavy duty steel frame. This moving blanket has a hand crank and a built in stand for easy storage. You will find this moving blanket very easy to use.
The quilted fabric is added protection against dust and scratches. This moving blanket is fire resistant, wind proof and dust proof.
This adjustable moving blanket measures at 72" x 80". You can use this blanket indoors/outdoors and to protect yourself from the rain.
12. Forearm Forklift FFFBST2 Half Size Light Weight Quilted Moving Blanket
- Anti-Slip Surface
- Machine Washable
- Safe To Use On Furniture And Electronics
- Proprietary Protective Lining
Forearm Forklift Full Size's, Half Size's and Tablecloths are created by our founders, and are most popular oversized, under-sized and super size moving blankets. Vehicles, trailers, trucks, dollies and movers from every part of the world trust our moving blankets.
13. U-Haul Furniture Protection Pad
- Designed for extra protection
- Spend less money on moving blankets
- Protects furniture during the moving process
- Thick enough to protect furniture
- Protects and insulates artwork, glass and framed photographs
- Also suitable for use on furniture or appliances
- No need to worry about fabric damage
- Stops paper surfaces from getting scratched or rubbed
- Great for moving in or out of house
- Easy to position
14. 40 in. x 72 in. Moving Blanket HFJ14 by Haul-Master
- Protective and waterproof, the Haul-Master Haul Fair Blanket is made of 100% polyester and has a waterproof fabric backing.
- The heavy-duty vinyl bottom layer affords maximum protection for items wrapped in the blanket.
- After you fold the blanket, the water-resistant bottom ensures that the blanket doesn’t get wet, so you can reuse it.
- There is a chance that the vinyl bottom layer on the blanket may rip or tear if it’s on an angle while wrapping the item.
- The fold does not stay in place and is flimsy.
The Haul Fair Moving Blanket is an affordable solution for moving and wrapping items to keep them safe while transporting.
15. New Haven 1 Dozen Textile Moving Blankets
The New Haven moving blankets are soft and snuggable, so they’re great for the residents of your home. Whether you use them for pets, kids or moving, you’re sure to love the comfort they bring to your life.
The New Haven moving blankets have fabric on both sides, which makes them more durable and comfortable to the touch. Both sides are terry cloth, which is a plus since you can clean it just by throwing it in the washer. It’s also 100% cotton so your family is sure to breathe easier with it in the home.
The color variety and sizes of the New Haven moving blankets are definitely another plus point to them. Since you can choose different colors, these blankets work well for a variety of rooms in your home, depending on how you decorate it.
16. CAT Non-Woven Utility Padded Protection Moving Blankets 65GSM 80" x 72"
- So thin they can be stored anywhere
- Padded for extra-protection from damage
- Non-Woven for easy cleanup
- Super affordable
- Not as thick as the non-padded version
- No color options
Moving Blankets are excellent for protecting and storing your furniture. If you're looking for the best moving blankets, check out the non-padded version from Blankets-2-Go.
Whether you're a college student, professional mover, or a family on a budget, moving blankets are a well-loved necessity to take the stress out of moving.
The regular, non-padded version from Blankets-2-Go is an extremely economical option that still manages to provide the protection you need. They're made from non-woven polyethylene fibers, making them thin, stretchy, and completely wrinkle-resistant.
17. ABN Universal Utility Blankets
- Wide enough to cover the larger furniture pieces
- Strong, heavy duty material
- Excellent moving blankets
- Can double them up for extra protection
- Ideal for protecting floors, furniture, and carpet
- Secure using a wrap tie
- Grippy material on the back so it doesn’t move
- Can be a bit tricky to secure on large furniture pieces
- The hooks on the blanket can hurt you if they come off
- Can be too easy to cut your straps with a knife
Moving Blankets are the best type of blankets for moving. They are cheaper than moving blankets and you do not need to buy them. You can easily make this blanket with a normal blanket and some straps and chains. This increases the amount of money saved while moving.
II. How To Set Up a Home Gym On A Budget
Setting up a home gym is a great way to stay in shape while saving on gym fees. More than that, it allows you to get your workout done without the hassle of traveling.
18. US Cargo Control Supreme Mover Moving Blankets
- Can be reused a few times
- Great for moving, shipping, transporting
- Easy to store
- Use for storage purposes
- Not the most comfortable blanket
- Not very heavy duty
Moving Blankets – 72 inch x 80 inch, Heavy Duty, Black and White Moving Pads – 16 Pack – USE FOR STORAGE PURPOSES, EACH BLANKET WEIGHS 7.5 POUNDS.
The 72" x 80" US Cargo Control Supreme Mover Blanket is made of heavyweight Polypropylene and 2mm Duraguard Padding. A thick padding that's perfect for storage or moving purposes. Weighs 7.5 pounds per blanket. Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee.
Our moving pads are 100% made in the USA. Weighing 7.5 pounds per pad and being anywhere from 72" x 80" (2" extra on all four sides when using a mattress), they are heavy duty and reusable.
19. US Cargo Control Performance Mover Moving Blanket
I like the US Cargo Control Performance Moving Blanket for a couple of reasons. The first is for its size. The 72 x 80 in size is perfect for the College Student moving to their first apartment or to the Off-Campus Student moving to their first dorm room.
In my experience it gives a couple of inches width on either side of a typical four-foot bed, which is what I typically recommend to my college-bound clients as a a general guideline for their bed size.
It also fits well on the bed if you’re short (5’11”) or tall (6’4”). The length gives you plenty of space on the floor, which you might find helpful when folding and stacking one of your favorite pieces of furniture.
20. Uboxes Economy Moving Blankets
- Stronger & thicker than regular blankets
- Value for money
- Good for a variety of uses
- Dust-mite resistant
If you’re looking for a pretty good value for money, 72” x 80” Uboxes moving blankets are a good bet. We’ve gone through the trouble of analyzing thousands of customer reviews to figure out what attributes they perceived were the most important.
One of the most common complaints we noticed was that they were a bit too thin for some tasks. Of course, budget tends to speak volumes in people’s minds when it comes to products and that’s the case with Uboxes moving blankets as well. Anyways, where they are thin is also where they are impressive: they are very thin and compact, so they’re very easy to store.
21. EcoBox 80" x 72" Standard Moving Blanket
- Available in multiple sizes
- Reasonably priced
- Soft and easy to carry
Moving blankets can be very useful if they are carried along with you when you move. An ideal use for moving blanket is to cover your belongings when you need to move them. Moving blankets are very easy to hold and carry.
An additional use for moving blankets is when you are moving from your apartment to your new home. If you are moving from your apartment to your home, you could use a moving blanket to cover your furniture and other belongings so that they stay clean when you move them.
Another thing to keep in mind when using moving blankets is that if you are moving some furniture, you could use moving blankets to wrap your furniture so that your furniture is protected.
22. US Cargo Control Moving Skin Moving Pads
- Doesn’t leave marks on furniture
- Absorbs beads of sweat
- Storing them might be a challenge
- On the pricier side
This is a set of moving blankets that we particularly love because they’re great for wrapping up furniture to protect it from rubbing against the sides of the truck or bumping against other furniture. You can use it for a myriad of purposes, including moving glassware, china or other fragile possessions. We really love the fact that it’s waterproof so you won’t have to worry about getting it dirty or wet. And best of all, the Moving Skin Moving Pads are reusable.
The best moving blankets really depend on how you’re going to use them. If you’re just going to move from one home to another, you don’t need to spend a lot of money on them. But if you’re moving within the same home, then investing in the best moving blankets may be a smart choice.
23. WEN 272812 72-Inch by 80-Inch Heavy Duty Padded Moving Blankets
- Multiple uses
- Strong and durable
- Great for moving, covering furniture, covering vehicles
- Blue color
- Complies with OSHA regulations
The multipurpose WEN 272812 makes the best moving blankets for your home or vehicle. This moving blanket is entirely different from any other blanket on the market.
These moving blankets are light weight, strong and durable and great for any purpose. You can use these moving blankets to cover or move any fragile furniture and also cover your vehicle.
24. Moving Blankets from Shoulder Dolly
- Huge blanket
- Great quality
- Require folding to fit in the box
- Blanket doesn’t have handles
This moving blanket is made from a thick and durable material, making it heavier than most of what we’ve tested. Because of that, the blanket is very easy to handle and convenient for wrapping up and carrying furniture.
We were also impressed with the dual-sided, 100 percent cotton material (a must for moving blankets). The price is also unbeatable, making this blanket a smart choice for any budget.
Shoulder Dolly Moving Blankets are meant to be folded up so they are easier to store when not in use. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the blankets do not need to be folded to fit into their packaging. That makes them perfect for moving. It’s as if the company has thought of everything.
25. US Cargo Control Camo Moving Blankets
- Packaging helper
- Wool-like fabric and high durability
- Sturdy, waterproof velour
- Micro-suede embossed
26. Moving Blankets
- Not slippery
- Suitable for garage or driveway
- Not very thick
- Can be splintery
There are various types of moving blankets out on the market, which causes confusion when it comes to making a decision. Most moving blankets are heavy duty polypropylene but some are not. They are supposed to be heavy duty, as you want to use them as padding for your fragile items while in transit.
These are also helpful when moving small items, like glassware and figurines, from the attic to the garage or the kitchen, especially when the weather isn’t cooperating.
Moving blankets are made for one time use, but if you need to use them twice, other than a few minor tears or rips, they’ll do the trick. After all, the price is right. Just use a different blanket for the next move.
27. US Cargo Control Mega Mover Heavy-Duty Moving Blanket
- Wraps all items securely for protection
- Can be cut to fit the shape of boxes
- Multiple uses
- Quality seem perfect
- Gathers items better than other brands
- Only one company offers this quality
- USA made in California
- Sold by the dozen
- 3 year warranty
- Occasionally need more than one blanket per large item
- May need to add a strap to keep blankets and an item from sliding
US Cargo Control blankets are a quality made USA product. They are made in the USA with a 3 year limited warranty that is backed up by outstanding customer support. I have sold thousands of these and still recommend them to anyone who needs moving blankets. One feature of this moving blanket is that they are all the same size and have trim sewn in along the edges to make them easier to wrap.
Accidents happen, no matter how carefully you move your possessions. We all know that! But what happens when they do happen? Will the company you hired give you a hard time? Will they offer to pay for a replacement?
28. SOMIDE Moving Blanket
- Waterproof and Oil-proof
- Durable and has a good covering surface
- Large size
- Good for multi-purpose uses
- Washable, easy to maintain
- Keeps your belongings clean
- The plastic cover has strong a chemical smell, and is a bit slippery
- Might be heavy
- Might be too big for some
- Doesn’t have a plastic drawstring to keep in place
- The blanket has a zipper underneath, you’d need to lift it to reach
Gear, Car Seat Protector, Car Boot Cover, Ski / Snowboard Protective Cover.
The SOMIDE Moving Blanket is perfect for that inconvenient time when your sofa or your clothes get dirty. It’s also great to protect your items from any dirt, dust, oil, and water.
29. Sure-Max 12 Moving & Packing Blankets
- One product does it all: great for moving, storage, wrapping furniture, and even arts and crafts projects
- Perfect for protecting furniture, appliances, and electronics in storage
- Full-size fits standard-sized furniture pieces.
- Available in your choice of Classic Blue or White/Blue
- Made of 100% Polyester that’s quilted to provide superior protection
- Deluxe Pro blankets
- Make sure to measure twice before purchasing. Measurements are approximate.
- Several customers noted how heavy this blanket is
If you’re working in a warehouse or storage facility and you need a product that solves all your moving, padding, and furniture protection needs, you need the Sure-Max 12 Moving & Packing Blankets.
There are heavy blankets and then there are Sure-Max 12 Moving & Packing Blankets. At 58 x 60 inches, this is a full-sized moving blanket. It’s the ideal size for moving standard size furniture pieces such as love seats, end tables, and dining room tables. If you have bigger pieces, the blanket is designed to be able to be sewn together.
30. XtremepowerUS 4 Moving & Packing Blankets Deluxe Pro 80" x 72"-inch Professional Quilted Shipping Furniture Pads Blue
- Soft fabric that’s easy and comfortable to move your belongings on
- Easily fit and cover furniture
- Sturdy materials
- Cushioned feels good on your arms
- Excellent quality for the price
- Fit in a shoe box
- Quick and easy to fold and repack
- Work well on floors too
Moving blankets are essential were you to move and want to protect your belongings. The best moving blankets are strong and will last you for years, through many moves. The XtremepowerUS moving blankets are the best moving blankets that we found.
This moving blanket provides strength, durability and is made with a quality material to help you successfully move your belongings. The XtremepowerUS moving blankets are quilted which makes the edges sturdier to avoid tearing and provides extra padding.
With this set of 4 moving blankets, you’ll be able to comfortably move your belongings without worrying about damage to your furniture or flooring.
31. 12 Moving Packing Blankets 72 x 80 Inch
- Ideal for transporting delicate items
- Heavy duty
- Best for moving
- Helps prevent scratches and scuffs
- More expensive than cheaper options
W/ Handles, Best Packing Moving Blanket for Sale.
Are you looking for the best moving blankets to buy this year? If so, then I highly recommend that you take a closer look at the 12 moving blankets provided by TUSY Heavy Duty Furniture Moving Pads. These 12 heavy duty blankets are definitely designed for the professionals but best of all, they can be used by the general public, as well!
These moving blankets are constructed to deliver maximum performance and protection for your valuable belongings. Here are the main pros and cons:
32. Uboxes A0080HP04 Supreme Moving Blankets
- Kept items from banging against each other
- Needs to be folded very carefully for packaging
- The blue color is not as portrayed in images – instead, it is a very dull gray
Moving blankets are essential tools for anyone moving, and for organizing. If you want to keep items from banging against each other during transport, give these moving blankets by Ubox a try.
It’s also a great idea to keep your items loose, if possible, in one of these blankets as is. When you use them to wrap a particularly fragile item, for instance, you can use the blanket as a barrier to prevent it from banging against other items in the moving truck.
33. uBoxes Camouflage Moving Blankets 65lbs/doz
- Odor free and non-allergenic
- Machine washable and reusable
- Highly durable
I have been using uBoxes blankets for years now for my local and long distance moves. Their boxes are very durable and kept my belongings intact and free from damages during my moves. I can also use them to store bulky items in my basement and they are so sturdy that I have some boxes that I have been storing items without breaking them for the past five years and have not had any problems with them.
They are also odor free and non-allergenic. I have been using them for so long that I wouldn’t let any of my previous blankets anywhere near my house. I have not had these discussions when the uBox blanket was introduced to me by a friend of mine at the time. I was just so impressed with how sturdy they are and how well they have performed that I had to purchase a set for myself.
34. 12 Pack Moving Blankets BlankyPro 80" x 72" Non-Woven Heavy Duty Shipping Furniture Pad
I recommend this pad if you wish to wrap up your furniture in order to keep it safe against bumps and scratches.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are moving blankets safe to sleep on?
Although moving blankets are generally safe, there are some exceptions to this.
Most blankets are made from cotton, which is a friendly fiber that is not known to harm you in any way.
However, if you have allergies or sensitivities to natural fibers your body may react to the natural oils from the cotton material. This may cause some breathing difficulty on your part, so it’s recommended that you do a test run with a new blanket to see if it affects you.
Some blankets are made from polypropylene, which is an artificial polyester fiber that is considered non-allergenic and usually does not cause any reaction. However, some people do show sensitivity to even this fiber, so it’s always best to do a test.
How many moving blankets do I need?
Moving blankets are necessary for transporting practically anything from your clothes to your entertainment center. A typical household will need several moving blankets.
In addition to a standard, smaller moving blanket, I would recommend also keeping at least one set of boxes that are especially useful when wrapping up delicate or valuable items, like your entertainment center. If you intend to move any furniture, I’d opt for two.
Useful articles like side tables, dressers, and entertainment centers usually don’t come with wrapping materials so it’s good to have some extras on hand.
How heavy are moving blankets?
In general, moving blankets are quite light. The heavier ones will certainly outweigh the lightest, but we’re talking ounces here, not pounds. Even the heaviest one will not be difficult to carry around. If you’re worried about the weight,
Are moving blankets washable?
Just like any bedding product, a moving blanket is washable. When laundered and dried, they retain all their essential qualities required for protecting your belongings during a move. While many moving blankets and vacuum bags are machine washable, it is always a good idea to check the care tag for instructions and care method.
There are plenty of ways you can navigate across the city to move into your new home; you can rely on professional movers, you can try truck rental, or you can simply choose to do it on your own. Regardless of your choice, hopefully this comprehensive review by moving specialists will help you make the best choice. We look at the pros and cons of various modes of transportation and even provide a comparison chart of moving blankets.
|WEN 272406 72-Inch by 40-Inch Heavy Duty Padded Moving Blankets||Best Overall|
|U-Haul Furniture Protection Pad||Budget Pick|
|US Cargo Control Supreme Mover Moving Blankets||Upgrade Pick|