There are a few things to consider when choosing the best outdoor area rug. First, the rug should be made from fade-resistant and UV-resistant materials. It should also be large enough to cover your area of choice.
Finally, it should be easy to clean and maintain. Whether you’re dealing with a spill, pet accident, or general everyday dirt, you have to be prepared to clean your outdoor area rug.
On top of all of that, the rug should look good and fit the feel of your space. It’s a tough task, but these are the best outdoor area rugs that I think out there.
1. Nourison Aloha ALH05 Indoor/Outdoor Floral Green 7'10" x 10'6" Area Rug
- Beautiful sophisticated print
- Lightweight and Easy to Clean.
- Easy to install.
- Waterproof can be used outdoors.
- Synthetic nylon fiber.
2. Rugshop Bohemian Stripes Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug 7'10" x 10' Blue
- Very high quality for the price
- Thick yet soft and luxurious
- Versatile. Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Great pattern and color
- Made from polypropylene
- May be perfect for commercial use as it is good for both indoor and outdoor
- Washes easily
- Easy to clean
- Absorbs water
- Spot clean only
- Easy to trip over
This super stylish rug is a great choice if you are looking for a versatile area rug that is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
The 7’10” Rugshop Bohemian Stripes Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug can be used on patios, decks, porches and other lawn areas as it is made from polypropylene material that is water-resistant, color-fast, mold- and mildew-resistant, and is stain and odor resistant, therefore keeping it looking brand new no matter what the weather may do outside.
This 7'10" x 10' rug is a good choice if you are looking for an area rug that can handle a lot of different situations and be durable in many different types of weather.
3. Nourison Aloha Indoor/Outdoor Floral Blue Multicolor 7'10" x 10'6" Area Rug
This excellent Nourison rug has a polypropylene foundation to resist collapse or destruction when exposed to traffic and frequent vacuuming. The rug backing is also made of the same synthetic material, which will ensure it lasts for many years to come when exposed to the elements. The fastener system used in this rug is another feature that gives it a high durability, as it prevents damage to the material when people walk on it.
What’s so great about this particular rug is that it has an outdoor design with a floral pattern that is woven directly into the rug. Thus, this rug is great for indoor or outdoor use. The center of the flowers is a bright blue, while the petals around it are green, pink, plum, peach, and maroon. This beautiful floral pattern looks great in almost any room.
4. Buffalo Plaid Rugs Cotton Black and White Check Rug 35.4'' x 59''Hand-Woven Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug
- High-Quality Material
- 100% Natural Jute
- Engineered for Outdoors
- Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Fungus
- Water and UV Resistant
- Dirt and Stain Resistant
- Packed-Up Size: Unfolded 3' x 5'
- Packed-Up Weight: 2.2 lbs.
If you want the best rugs, this 5XL Black/Chocolate/Tan, 35.4” x 59” is one of the best rugs you will find. There is no doubt that this is one of the softest rugs you’ve ever walked on. It’s thick, yet lightweight, and has a very pleasing appearance.
This area rug will last for many years without loosing its softness. When compared to other rugs, this rug is soft and thicker than average. When using this rug outside, be sure to anchor it with a rug rod by tightly gathering it up and securing it with a rubber band.
5. Home Dynamix Nicole Miller Patio Country Azalea Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug 7'9"x10'2"
- Mildew resistant
- Colors won’t fade or bleed
- Stain resistant
- Doesn’t leave pesky color stains on kids’ hands
- Can be hard to install
- Some pet owners have complained that the backing is too thin
- Several homeowners have complained that the color has faded after just a few months
Home Dynamix offers a fantastic quality outdoor rug that’s stylish and tough enough to withstand the elements.
It’s made from easy-to-clean polypropylene, and it comes with a rug pad. The Home Dynamix rug is mildew, UV and weather resistant.
When you order this area rug you get free delivery and no sales tax.
6. Novogratz Villa Collection Sicily Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug
- Tear Resistant
- Water Resistant
- Easy to Clean
- Low Friction
- Resistant to Heavy Traffic
- Does Not Static Cling
- Shrink Resistant
- Boasts last durability
- Available in different sizes
The Novogratz is made of Polypropylene and Cotton which is the perfect combination of benefit. These two materials add to the ease of use and are super easy to manage. This material is suitable for outdoors as well as indoors- both residential and commercial. It is washable and the color does not fade away.
The Novogratz has a beautiful variety of color which includes but not limited to black, charcoal gray, navy, ivory, burgundy and light blue. These colors have covered indoor as well as outdoor areas, dark floors and light flooring. It has beautiful colors that stimulate the mood of the people around.
7. Unique Loom Outdoor Trellis Collection Casual Moroccan Lattice Transitional Indoor and Outdoor Flatweave Teal Area Rug
- Extra thick pile for an incredible feel under foot
- Easy to clean and stain resistant
- Beautiful shag texture
- Includes a wooden border
- Machine washable
8. MUBIN Buffalo Check Rug Black/White Plaid Rugs 5.5ft x 7.5ft Cotton Washable Hand-Woven Outdoor Area Rugs
- The pleating around the edges makes rolling up the rugs for storage a breeze.
- Not machine washable
- Sheds a lot when new
The MUBIN buffalo check rug is made of cotton and was made in India using traditional hand weaving techniques.
Although it sheds a lot when new, most of the loose fibers werehes off in the first cleaning or disappear over time. The MUBIN buffalo check rug is a beautiful "earthy" looking rug that is perfect for outdoor settings.
It looks great in the pictures and even better in person.
9. Christopher Knight Home Darleen Outdoor Border 5 x 8 Area Rug
- Economical Price
- Heavy Material
- Borders Are All Green, Not Color-Matched With Center
Designer Christopher Knight believes if he puts his name on it, it must be good. So he created a line of reasonably priced rugs made of outdoor-friendly material and sold them exclusively at Target.
While it may not be from a high-end designer, the Christopher Knight Home Darleen outdoor border rug is a stylish outdoor area rug, featuring soft, durable polyester that’s abrasion-resistant and fade resistant.
The green and navy-based striped border gives a very contemporary feel, and the muted background color makes it easy to place in multiple outdoor and indoor areas.
10. Well Woven Woden Blue Indoor/Outdoor Flat Weave Pile Solid Color Border Pattern Area Rug 8×10
- Flexible material that is safe for outdoor use
- Excellent Quality
If you live in an area where your furniture would likely be exposed to the elements, it’s worth looking into getting some outdoor rugs. These usually have a weatherproof backing that keeps your floors safe from moisture and wear and tear.
Woven from a combination of hard-wearing Nylon and Polypropylene fibers, the Well Woven area rug will not only bring an inviting contemporary design to your outdoor or indoor space, it’s going to look great for years to come.
The weather-resistant material is busy enough to hide wear and tear and the slick backing makes it easy to clean. Furthermore, due to the breathable design, it’s actually cooler to stand on than ceramic or wood.
11. Couristan Monaco Coastal Floral Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug
- Made for indoors and outdoors
- Good sizing
- Can dress up any room
This indoor-outdoor rug is a great buy for the price.
I got this to place out front next to my door and put a gate at the bottom for my dogs. I didn’t want to invest too much, and this fit the bill. It’s very soft, but it’s on the thin side, so some of our shoes get caught in it. I’ve had it for a little over a year and it’s very durable, even in some pretty heavy rain storms.
This Area Rug is an indoor and outdoor carpet rug made of outdoor synthetic pile fabric. It is made for heavy residential areas as well as areas that don’t have heavy foot traffic.
12. Fab Habitat Reversible Rugs
- Safe for outside use
Reversible Rugs are Indoor & Outdoor area rugs with 4 sides (2 sides Weather-Resistant, 2 sides Waterproof) that can be used as a great decorative feature, but also easy to clean!
13. RUGBUGGERY Indoor Outdoor Anti-Fade Moroccan Panel Area Rug 8'x10' Ocean Blue
- A great choice if you are looking for a large rug that will stand the test of time.
For those looking for something a little more affordable, an easy alternative is this Indoor Outdoor Anti-Fade Moroccan Panel Area Rug that measures 6 feet x 6 feet. This area rug is the next best thing if you are looking for something on a smaller scale.
14. Novogratz Villa Collection Tuscany Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug
Although this is not a traditional rug, it is a very good outdoor area rug- it's the best outdoor area rug for the money. It has a cotton/linen backing and very good selection of colors. It is a synthetic pile rug that feels great on your feet. It's not as soft as an indoor-only rug, but isn't abrasive either. Most important, it looks great outside and you will get years of use from it.
15. SUPERIOR Designer 8' x 10' Colburn Collection Area Rug
- Hybrid design
- High-quality Wool, sisal fiber, jute, and cotton
- Texture without the shine, features a minimalist aesthetic
- Natural and contemporary style
- Rug Pad is Included
- Shedding is a little extensive, but not abnormal
- Fairly large in size
We really love this rug, will be buying it and plan to get many years of use from it.
Oriental rugs have been around for centuries, virtually unchanged in design and styling. Thanks to SUPERIOR, you can take home a stunning Oriental rug without having to spend a fortune.
The SUPERIOR Designer 8’ x 10’ Colburn Collection Rug combines the breathtaking pattern of a print Oriental with the classic colors of a natural sisal rug.
16. Gertmenian 21359 Nautical Tropical Carpet Outdoor Patio Rug
- Tropical plant pattern
- Durable and long-lasting
- Water resistant
- Resistant to mold and mildew
- Easy to clean
- Includes a protective backing
- Includes anchor pegs to stabilize it
- Extra-large size
- Includes anchor pegs to stabilize it
17. Mohawk Home Multicolor Avenue Stripes Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug
- Easy to clean
- Modern, great design
- Thin material
- Weak Vinyl backing
The Multicolor Avenue Stripes Indoor/ Outdoor Area Rug has achieved a perfect balance between a modern, trendy look and a classic, time-tested concept.
18. nuLOOM Leila Bordered Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug
I know, I know. You’re thinking… Indoor/Outdoor rugs? Really?
Yes! As a matter of fact, these rag rugs are my favorite type of area rug for use both inside and outside the home. They’re made from fast-drying, water, tear, and fade resistant indoor/outdoor polypropylene that won’t smell or rot. (Here’s what you need to know about the best outdoor rugs).
For this particular rug, which features an eclectic modern print, the colors are soft and neutral. It will prevent people from tripping over your rug when the weather warms up.
19. Well Woven Dorado Mariah Beige Modern Tropical Leaves 7'10" x 9'10" High-Low Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug
- Made in the USA
- Machine Washable
- Quick dry
- Water Resistant
- UV protected
- Rug Pad Recommended
- Looks Great Indoors
- Looks Great Outdoors
- Won (highest number of awards and recognitions)
- Need to buy a cleaning kit separately.
- Area rugs are a great addition to any home! They provide nice texture, go a long way towards defining your space, and can also pull together a room.
One of my favorite types of area rugs is outdoor-safe area rugs. Below we have gathered reviews and a buying guide for some of the best outdoor rugs on the market.
The Well Woven Dorado Mariah Beige has so many awesome features!
Each time you set foot on the patterned material, you can feel the special texture right away. It features awesome loop-pile construction that adds a really unique look and feel to your home’s interior.
20. Msrugs Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug 8×10
- Comes In Several Grabs
- Among the cheapest on the market
- Can withstand all kind of weather conditions
- Soft material, doesn’t hurt feet or cause rug burn
- Easy to clean, spot cleaning works.
- Shrinks in the sun
- Not a quality product
- Manufacturer Disclaimer
Carpet is not allowed to stand in the rain or sun, or in hot temperature.
Carpet is not to be used in an extremely wet environment or in places where a lot of water is used.
Carpet should not be stepped on by sharp objects.
21. My Texas House by Orian Indoor/Outdoor Lady Bird Area Rug
- Soft, thick and durable
- Easily cleaned with a hose
- Water resistant
- Good quality material
- Easy to clean
- Looks like a 500 dollar rug
- Reasonably priced
- Multiple sizes to choose from
22. Home Dynamix Nicole Miller Patio Country Calla Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug 7'9"x10'2"
- No weaving required
- Water resistant material
- Limitations on what you can change
- High quality materials
- Good price
- Easy to install
- Design offers maximum use of space
- Multiple styling options
- Blend of classic and modern design
- Doesn’t stand up well against sun
- Most untrained buyers can’t make it
- Can be complicated to install
- requires maintenance
- Exposed to sunlight
Over time, exposed materials will show some wear and tear from sun, rain, snow, and other environmental interactions. But, with proper maintenance and cleaning, you can maintain the condition of your outdoor rug.
23. Home Dynamix Nicole Miller Patio Country Ayana Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug 7'9"x10'2"
- Sturdy and Weather-Resistant
- Easy to Clean
- Non-Skid Underlay Required
This gorgeous Outdoor Area Rug from Home Dynamix is a great way to liven up any outdoor area. It’s easy to clean; just hose off or sweep, and it won’t fade thanks to the resistant material. With its synthetic fibers and premium 90% Rayon material, the rug is as soft and flexible as you’d expect. The Rayon material is truly resistant to water. This means that the rug can be placed on an uncovered patio. It will not mold, mildew, or fade in the sun.
The traditional design and color theme of this indoor/outdoor rug creates a sophisticated look, perfect for the outside of a house. The grey/blue coloring is warm, cool, and relaxing. This rug would look great outside a front door, the patio, the sunroom, or the inside of a garage. It’s easy to clean and durable, even on the most humid days.
24. Ottomanson 5X7 Sundance Collection Indoor & Outdoor Reversible
- Smooth surface
- Easy to clean
One of the best outdoor area rugs you can buy that will fit perfectly in all kinds of outdoor settings. This product will work best in a patio, gazebo, pool or backyard.
The Ottomanson 5X7 rug is made of synthetic rattan fibers which look very much like woven rattan at a very attractive price.
It’s made in a weave style that’s durable thanks to triple-weave construction. This construction allows a strong and sturdy look and feel.
25. Bamboo Floor Mat 24" x 72",Natural Bamboo,Light Wood
- Perfect size for small areas
- Easy to clean and durable
- Neutral light wood grain pattern
- Minimalistic design that blends well with any interior
- Backed by a 20-year warranty
- Made from eco-friendly materials
- Can be used all year round
- Greener options are available at the same price point
- Minor shedding unavoidable
Grain Pattern,Indoor Outdoor Area Rug.
The Jade Palace Bamboo Floor Mat is made from eco-friendly materials and backed by a 20-year warranty, making it one of the best bamboo rugs that you can buy online today. The bamboo material used in this product has the great combination of durability, low maintenance, eco-friendliness and affordability.
A very important thing to be aware of is the fact that the polypropylene surface stably holds the bamboo material, preventing the growth of mildew.
26. EUCH Contemporary Boho Retro Style Abstract Living Room Floor Carpets,Non-Skid Indoor/Outdoor Large Area Rugs,75"x98" Lotus
- Made of 100% polyester, easy to clean, with good traction
- Brightly colored, nice designs for a low price
- Can be used either indoors or outdoors
- For the best results, should be placed on solid flooring, not your carpet.
- The backing can stain your hardwood floors.
- The colors are not as bright as they appear in the pictures, but not as dull as the picture of the black one, which is a little more muted.
Weighing only about 3 pounds, this cool rug can be used both indoors and outdoors. Moreover, this unique rug is very simple and modern. It’s just what you need in your home!
The size was also ideal for my family, which is a good deal if you are on a budget. Besides, I really like it and I will definitely order more.
The only thing I don’t like about this rug is that it may either slide on hardwood flooring or even trip the lightweight rug pads. Therefore, I think that the runners underneath it can prevent it from doing that.
27. Home Dynamix 14219L-451 Trina Turk Rio Vivianna Moroccan Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug 5'x7'
- Easy to clean
- Decorative designs
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to maintain
- Variety of color and designs to choose from
- Many sizes options
- Have a tendency to show dirty
- Have a tendency to be slippery
Have you been particularly worried about damaging your floor and carpet, especially if you have children around the house? Or perhaps you have pets and have been concerned about fur or scratches on either flooring? We have put our top picks of the best outdoor area rugs for each category, but they also have many pros and cons that you must consider before you make your final choice.
Our top pick of the best outdoor area rugs that we have selected are under different categories since their purposes are different.
28. Momeni Rugs
- Unique pattern
Momeni Baja Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug has a unique pattern and some people may find it to be an attractive addition to their home.
This 5×7 indoor/outdoor area rug from Momeni is truly a quality buy, and there is little doubt that it will look trendy and beautiful in your home.
The colors are marvelous, and the shades of the blue colors are soothingly soft as well as pleasing to the eye.
29. Safavieh Courtyard Collection CY6062-216 Indoor/ Outdoor Area Rug
- Great texture
- Beautiful pattern
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
Safavieh’s Indoor/ Outdoor Area Rug is an amazing addition your home. These rugs are made from 28% recycled cotton, which means it’s much easier on the environment.
The indigo-dyed pattern looks gorgeous on the ivory ground, which is designed specifically for outdoor applications. These rugs are hand-knotted in India, which is where they’re made. This provides an authentic experience to those seeking out a quality piece of art.
This area rug has a pile of two inches and a wool construction. It’s available in five sizes, so it can fit almost any indoor or outdoor area.
30. Ottomanson Jardin Indoor/Outdoor Sisal Area Rug
100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Buy with confidence
Thick, rich hand-made durable sisal.
The right rug can add a whole new look to your living space. This perfectly proportioned square sisal rug comes in a creamy color that works with virtually any decor. Its neutral hue can also be easily paired with bolder pillows or accessories. Its thick fibers add a bit of texture and can stand up to heavy use. The ivory and tan colors of this rug are the perfect complement to the cream leather sectional, wood furniture, and marble countertops in this living room.
31. JONATHAN Y Zinnia Modern Floral Textured Weave Indoor/Outdoor Sage/Brown 4 ft. x 6 ft. Area Rug
- Higher density
- Classic design
- Stain resistant
Stain Resistant, Long Lasting, Durable Rug Pad 48753.
32. Mainstays Palm Indoor Outdoor Rectangular Area Rugs
- Looks great outdoors for a good price
- Design doesn’t look as cheap as some outdoor rugs
- Pile is thick and soft
- Holds up well in harsh weather
- Looks much better than bare cement or grass
- Easy to clean
One of the best options for new outdoor patio or porch furniture is to add a new area rug. But, did you ever think that you could add some of the same outdoor area rugs to your patio furniture? Well, Mainstays has done just that with its new Palm Indoor Outdoor area rug.
The 5 x 7” area rug has a traditional salt & pepper finish like other indoor area rugs from Mainstays. However, the texture is suitable for outdoor use as well. The Palm rug is also constructed of a durable polypropylene backing that is designed to stay strong while being exposed to the elements. It’s also equipped with a velcro backing that makes it easy to install onto your furniture.
33. DII Reversible Indoor Woven Striped Outdoor Rug
- Easy to clean
- Offers a modern look for any home
- Dense pile
If you’re on the hunt for a perfect indoor/outdoor area rug, then you may want to consider the DII Reversible Indoor Woven Striped Outdoor Rug.
It’s made out of a polypropylene material that is both water and mold-resistant. It’s also very easy to clean, which is a major plus. Both sides of the rug are also reversible, allowing you to choose between a black or a white side.
The rugs are both soft and dense, providing a comfortable feel underfoot. This rug is made for both low pile and high pile carpeting as well as natural stone tile.
34. Gertmenian Tropical Collection Outdoor Rug Patio Area Carpet 8×10 Large Exotic Fish Oasis Green
- A great option if you’re looking for an affordable rug with a pop of color
- The colors are vibrant
- A strong, weather-proof material
- The rugs are very thin, so it might not provide a cushioned surface to walk on
- Has a very strong smell at first
- Comes folded, so it’ll take several hours for it to lay flat
The Gertmenian Outdoor Area Rug is available in quite a few fun and funky prints. You may love the solid colors, but if you’re looking for something more interesting, this could be the rug you’ve been searching for.
These rugs have a sturdy outdoor construction that’s able to withstand the elements and can also be easily cleaned.
I recommend that you leave them outside for a few days to air out before you bring them into your home. This’ll help with the smell, but more importantly, it’ll help with the new rug smell.
35. nuLOOM Lefebvre Braided Indoor/Outdoor Runner Rug
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- One of the best-selling indoor/outdoor rugs on Amazon
- Has great reviews
- Many sizes available
- Stylish and neutral color of gray
- A good price for a durable rug
- Suits well for both indoors and outdoors
- Has a non-skid backing
- Is anti-static
- May pick up dirt
- Can shed some fibers, but doesn’t appear to be too bad
The light grey and cream rug is one of the best selling outdoor rugs on Amazon. It has many great reviews and a look that many people enjoy.
The manufacturer says that it is resistant to the sun, water, stains, mildew, and more. It is also made in the USA, which gives many people confidence because they know they are getting good quality.
The manufacturer says it is easy to clean and recommended that it be professionally cleaned only. In terms of cleaning, the manufacturer says that one could use a hose to rinse or spot clean. Also, the manufacturer says that you could use a doormat under the rug to add traction and keep dirt outside. Undoubtedly, you could take the rug outside to clean it as well. Also, the manufacturer says that the color may fade if exposed to sunlight for a long time.
36. Balta Rugs Ellenton Brown Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug
- Value for money
- Multipurpose – can be used indoors and outdoors
- Resists fading, mildew, and mold
- Easy to clean
- Can be used to complement any décor
- Fade resistant
- Highly durable
- Slip-resistant backing
- Can be used inside or outside
The Balta Rugs Ellenton Brown Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug has been one of the most popular rugs in the market for the past four years, thanks to a host of features that set it apart from most others.
Designed to withstand outdoor use with a UV-treated material and water-resistant treatment, the Ellenton Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug can also be used inside your homes.
Its vivid coloring can add a dash to your patio, kitchen, entranceway, or poolside, and the backing will prevent slipping, along with the anti-abrasion protection.
37. Momeni Rugs Como Contemporary Geometric Indoor Outdoor Area Rug
- Comes in various colors
- Works on all kinds of surfaces
- Easy to clean
- Dries quickly
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Very durable
- Can withstand high traffic areas
- Not easy to get dirty
- Pattern won’t fade easily
- The company were having production issues at the time of writing
- The color is not that accurate
There is no denying the importance of having an outdoor area rug that will act as a focal point, as well as, a decorative piece for your outdoor areas. It is worth every penny that you will need to spend to get quality outdoor rugs like the Momeni Rugs Como Indoor Outdoor Area rug.
The Momeni rug can be used for indoor applications, but it is specifically designed for outdoor use since it is 100% weatherproof. The outdoor rugs come in a variety of sizes and so you can have the one that would fit your outdoor area. This one is available in 4 different sizes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best material for an outdoor patio rug?
The best material for your outdoor rug is going to be plastic or rubber. Plastic or rubber will be able to handle the moisture that is going to be tracked into your area by the passersby.
This moisture will shorten the life span of your outdoor rugs if made of wool or cotton.
What are the best outdoor rugs?
If your goal is to get a rug to last and look good for many years to come, then truth be told there are no best outdoor rugs.
That is, there aren’t any one brand or even one style of rug that will stand up to the elements better than other brands or styles. Each one is going to be loaded with compromises between durability and design.
The best outdoor rugs are the ones that meet you exactly where you expect in the balance of durability and style.
There is one further thing to look for to insure your outdoor rug will hold up to the test of time, however: a UV resistant material.
By choosing UV resistant rugs for your outdoor space you will be able to avoid the fading and premature material decomposition that occurs in non-UV resistant fabrics. This makes all the difference in the world when you are buying something that you plan to keep for a long time.
Are outdoor patio rugs a good idea?
When you get an outdoor rug, the first thing you need to ask yourself is what is the reason you want an outdoor rug? Do you have a pool by the house that you want to protect your floors from, or do you just want to add some color to your patio?
Maybe you really wanted an outdoor rug, but it’s so cold that you don’t want to walk outside to get it during the certain months of the year. For whatever reason you want an outdoor rug, it’s a good idea to make sure that the rug you want is sturdy enough for the outdoors.
Can outdoor rugs be left outside?
Yes, although you will want to wait until there is no chance of rain or moisture before bringing them indoors. Some can be hosed down and left to dry.
You will want to be careful about placement if you want them to last. For example, if you purchase an indoor/outdoor rug for your deck, you may want to consider choosing a thicker rug that can hold up to the constant foot traffic.
Buying an outdoor rug involves a lot more than just looking around until you see one you like. Sure, what decorates your indoors may look good as an outdoor rug, but it may not be the most practical choice. The right choice has to be durable enough to stand up to the elements, colorful enough to set the mood, and flexible enough to withstand the abuses of nature and the essence of outdoor living. Our guide will help you throw your best outdoor rug party on the lawn, patio, back deck, front porch, and even around the backyard pool.