If you’re looking for a pair of shorts to wear to the beach, on a hike, or even to yoga class, look no further. The new crop of women’s shorts features a wide variety of incredible features that make them easy to use in a variety of outdoor activities.
In fact, many of these shorts are so well designed that you’ll want to wear them even if you’re not at the beach or on a trail. And, many of these shorts have a rugged design that makes them look as cool as they are practical.
|Lee Women's Regular Fit Chino Bermuda Short||Best Overall|
|Hanes Women's Jersey Short||Budget Pick|
|Under Armour Women's Fly By Running Shorts||Upgrade Pick|
1. Lee Women's Regular Fit Chino Bermuda Short
- Tag-free for extra comfort
- Drawstring waist for an adjustable fit
- Two side seam pockets
- Belt loops and button-flap back pockets
- Lightweight and durable construction
- Bargain price
All of these shorts meet a particular set of criteria. They’re all gym shorts. They’re all made from some kind of comfortable, moisture-wicking material. They’re all durable. They’re all multipurpose shorts that work great for running, cycling, yoga, horseback riding, hiking, water sports, and any other activity.
The Lee Women’s Chino Bermuda Short is designed to look great and lasts for years. These shorts have two side seam pockets and belt loops, so you can store your keys and other smaller items securely. The front has the two standard shank buttons that will ensure that the shorts stay up without slipping. These shorts also feature a drawstring waist for an adjustable fit.
2. adidas Women's Tastigo 19 Short
- Great for basic fitness training and running
- Perfect for both women and juniors
- Stretchy to ensure total comfort
- Comes with a drawstring to adjust the waist band
- Full range of motion
The Adidas Women’s Tastigo 19 Shorts are great for workouts and challenging workouts in particular. It’s also popular among experts for those who do Crossfit.
The Tastigo runs just above the knee, making it long enough to stay put for almost any athletic activity. The square back pocket and the side pockets provide enough room to keep your essentials organized and close by. The wide waist band comes with a drawstring for better fit.
When you need to rest from intensive workouts, the Tastigo’s elasticity and stretchy material give you a nice, cool feeling after you finish.
3. Under Armour Women's Fly By Running Shorts
- Soft material
- Great waistband
- Bottom seam a little uncomfortable
- A little too thin
The Under Armour Women’s Fly By Running Shorts are a great pair of shorts.
The shorts are at excellent quality you would expect from something from a reputable brand such as Under Armour. The shorts have a very nice thickness to them, without being to thick or the like. If anything, the fit and feel of these running shorts is professional grade.
The waistband of the Under Armour Women’s Fly By Running Shorts is comfortable, while still remaining tight. You don’t have to worry about the shorts rolling.
4. Levi's 501 High Rise Short
- The classic high-rise jeans
- It has a classic slim jeans fit
- True boyfriend style
Looking for the best shorts for women? When you wear a pair of jeans for a long time, they become your go-to short when there isn’t any special occasion. A high-rise short is the best bet because they’re stylish, comfortable, and very versatile.
Levi’s 501 is one of the most desirable denim out there, and it’s also one of the most trusty. They’re made from a premium denim that has a high amount of stretch. The result is a long lasting, reliable denim that you can trust will continue to look good as new.
Levi’s has been making jeans on the same old machines in San Francisco since 1853, which is one of the secrets to their lasting denim.
5. Levi's Women's Mid Length Shorts
- The Levi’s Women’s Mid Length Shorts are the perfect fit for your active lifestyle.
Made of the softest moisture wicking fabric, these shorts will keep you feeling dry and comfortable all day long. Available in two colors, these shorts will be perfect for any occasion.
They are available in your size and can be purchased in a pack of 3-pant sets. They feature back pockets that give you room to store all of your belongings. These are perfect shorts for any event.
6. adidas Women's Squadra 17 Shorts
- Versatile (perfect for training on hot days or winter months)
- 2 Side Pockets
- Wide Elastic Elastic Waistband
The adidas Women’s Ultimate Squadra 17 Shorts are the best women’s training shorts, with their innovative Climachill technology that combines ventilation and sweat-wicking technologies to keep your body cool and dry.
The wide elastic waistband gives you a snug and comfortable fit. The shorts have a built-in drawstring that you can adjust to your comfort, and the wide elastic waistband also includes an internal key pocket, zippered side pocket, and 2 side pockets to store your essentials.
Lastly, these great training shorts have an anti-friction soft-touch back to keep you cool during your workouts.
7. C9 Champion Women's Knit Sport Short
- Premium Quality Top Fabric
- Built-In Boost Technology
- Chafe-Free Comfort
- Flatlock Seams
- Anti-Vibration Technology
- Super Quick Drying
- Quick-Drying Reflective Pockets
- Innovative Silicone Grip Seam
- Two Colors: Black and Cobalt
- Prone to Sizing Issues
- Not the Sturdiest Zippers
- Very Thin
- Cannot Be Machine Washed
These Champion sports shorts are a deal. They’ve got most of the features you’d expect from a high-end pair of workout shorts, and then some.
The comfort is exceptional. The material is soft, moves effortlessly in any direction, flexes with your body, and breathes well. The elastic waist is forgiving, supportive, and does not pinch. The fact you can machine wash these is a huge plus in my book.
The smooth material does wick sweat, but perhaps not as well as the tee version of these shorts. Even so, there’s nothing happening here that will encourage a swampy environment.
8. Wax Women's Juniors Butt I Love You High-Rise Body Enhancing Push-Up Ripped Denim Shorts
- Ripped effect gives off an old-school, vintage vibe
- Available in several different styles and colors
- Great for everyday wear, not just working out
- Really affordable compared to similar styles
- Crotch gusset gives form-fitting and doesn’t ride up or dig in
- Natural Active Stretch fabric that moves naturally with your body
- High-rise waist makes them less likely to slip down
- Looks great with crop tops
- Not made with the highest quality fabric
- Some buyers think the thong is too skimpy
- Might run small for larger women
9. Lee Women's Missy Relaxed Fit Avey Knit Waist Cargo Bermuda Short
- Affordable price
- Great for outdoors
- Breathable fabric
- Relaxed fit
- Drawstring waist
The Lee Women’s Missy Avey Knit Waist Bermuda Shorts are very popular for many reasons. They are comfortable, lightweight, airy, and provide the perfect amount of coverage. These are a staple in my wardrobe and I just can’t go on a trip without packing a pair of these.
Avey Knit is a lightweight material that’s soft and incredibly breathable. You can ferment in them, hike, lounge by the beach, or even use it as your bathing suit. The combed cotton feels incredibly soft and small, right out of the packaging.
The elastic waist on these Bermuda shorts is a little thick, which not only gives it a waist-hugging feel but also adds a bit of bulk on your hips. These aren’t your casual Bermuda shorts.
10. Under Armour Women's Fly By 2.0 Running Shorts
- Very Comfortable
- Amazing versatility
- Pleasantly surprised by the quality
11. UNIONBAY Women's Delaney Stretch 3.5" Inseam Short
- Comes in several colors
- Great feel
- Soft lining
- Durable fabric
- Modest cut
- Provides good coverage
- Keeps its shape
- Easy to take care of
- Shorter inseam is more narrow
- Not super flattering
12. BALEAF Women's 8" /5" /2" High Waist Workout Biker Yoga Running Compression Exercise Shorts Side Pockets
- Breathable fabric, keeps you feeling cool and dry.
- High waist shorts design goes with bikini bottom, making you look more charming
- Spandex material, elastic, comfortable to wear, breathable and convenient
- High-quality material, does not fade, shrink, and has no pilling.
- Transparent pockets, you can easily put keys and other items, safe to keep.
- Suitable for travel, home, fitness, outdoor activities, yoga, climbing, skating, etc.
- Elastic waistband, quite comfortable to wear.
- Design with comfortable seamless and smooth feeling.
- You can wear them for different kinds of occasions and change the length as you like.
Surface is a little shiny (Multi-directional material, hand feeling is very good, looks very beautiful.)
13. Lee Women's Regular Fit Chino Short
- Can be worn for multiple functions. Also looks good on girls in a professional setting as well.
- Variety of colors
Not perfectly tailored to the body, making dead space in the crotch area. Also somewhat lack in butt support.
This is the ideal pair of shorts for girls that aren't aimed towards running. This is why it ranks lower in the performance category than the performance shorts on this list. It works equally well for hiking, climbing, biking, and general outdoors activities.
Chapter 5: Health & Fitness for Weight Loss
14. BALEAF Women's 3" Running Shorts Gym Athletic Shorts Pockets
- Quick drying
- Say Goodbye to chafing!
- Comfortable and stylish!
- Turns your legs into a work of art
- A great gift for your girlfriend!
- May seem small at first but will stretch after a few hours of stretching
- Only comes in black.
If you want to get rid of that annoying chafing, then you should definitely check out BALEAF Women's 3" Running Shorts. These shorts are well known for their amazing comfort, their amazing fit, their amazing performance and the fact that you can wear them whether you are working out or just hanging out.
The fabric that is used to make the shorts is a mix of polyester and spandex, which supplies them with the ability to stretch and move almost as the skin on your body does, which means no matter how much you meander, the shorts will always come back to your body, fitting it perfectly.
The shorts have two different types of pockets. One is placed right in front and is great for holding items like your phone, car keys, and some change. The other is where you can put things like your hands, which will help you to cool down.
15. Roxy Women's Oceanside Beach Short
- Great value for low cost
- Clips to keep from flapping in the wind
- Quick drying
The Roxy Women’s Oceanside Beach Short comes in a huge array of different colors as well as different sizes, so there’s a great choice for everyone who wants to purchase this beach short. The shorts are pretty roomy, but they´re still on the trim side for women’s swimwear.
The shorts are also available in a variety of colors. You’ll be happy to know that the colors stay vibrant and aren’t faded or washed out like some other swimwear is. They have a pretty slimming effect and they have a longer cut, so they don’t look too boyish. They feature removable straps, front and back slits, as well as Roxy’s trademark rubberized ‘R’ logo at the left hip.
16. Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label Women's Mid-Rise Bermuda Shorts
- Signature style with an easy fit
- Moisture wicking
- Flexible and durable
- Product has soft, stretchy material
- Product is very lightweight
- 4-way stretch material allows for various movements
- Comes with an interior lining
- Great for traveling
- Easy to take care of
- The shorts aren’t too long
- Too big for smaller sizes
- The material is too heavy
- The material can be cut easily
- A little pricey
The Gold Label Women’s mid-rise Bermuda is a pretty good pair of shorts for anyone who’s looking to be active, light on their feet, can’t get enough movement, and loves the sea-side.
The Signature Women’s mid-rise Bermuda Shorts are great for entertaining the poolside. It washes very well and looks great afterwards.
The fabric is the signature Levi’s material that is flexible, durable, and absorbs sweat. Smooth texture, nice finish, and is great for anyone who's looking to go light on their feet and looks good while doing it.
17. Hanes Women's Jersey Short
- Comfortable and breathable fabric
- Wide waistband to stay put
- Longer inseam makes it perfect for taller women
- Elastic waistband with drawstring
- Two side pockets
- Rubberized logo
- Covered elastic along the waist and inside leg
- Flat seams at the waist, inside leg, and behind the knee
Hanes is one of the biggest names in apparel, so they make a lot of different women’s shorts. After a lot of research and asking around, I really liked the fit of the Hanes Women’s Jersey Short.
These shorts have a higher than average inseam with a mid-rise waist and are long enough to not break when you bend down. The waistband is wide enough to stay put while being comfortable.
The fabric feels soft and is breathable, which is great for practicing in hot, humid weather. The shorts have an elastic waistband with drawstring for adjustment.
18. 90 Degree By Reflex Soft and Comfy Activewear Lounge Shorts
- Comes in 8 flattering colors
- Has pockets
- Material is light, soft, and comfy
- Drawstring has a locking mechanism for secure size adjustability
- Compression fabric
- Seamless, flat waistband
- Tagless for comfort
- Great for a wide range of activities
Activewear trends change faster than fashion-forward women can keep up. But one trend that we’re glad to see remain consistent is the need for pockets in shorts. Let’s face it… it’s impossible to stay active when you’re constantly searching for your house key.
90 Degree by Reflex has put together the perfect pair of shorts that we’ve seen to date. We’re impressed with the flattering fit and plenty of pockets that fit easily into your everyday routine. They’re also an excellent choice for exercise.
The shorts are made from a comfy mix of 90% polyester and 10% Spandex… a perfect combination that allows you to move freely without restriction and stay comfortable all day long. The stretchy fabric makes getting them on and off a breeze.
19. Amazon Essentials Women's Elastic Waist 3.5" Inseam Performance Short
- Stays in place
- Very durable
- Moveable pockets
- Great price
- Available in all kinds of styles
- Hard to coordinate with tops
- Baggy and can get in your way
I spent a lot of time finding the best shorts for women, and I could find plenty of of cheap quality options. I also found plenty of good quality expensive options. While there was a high demand for a faster and more accurate way to find the best shorts, I also asked myself if it is even possible. I believe that it is.
So I decided to do little bit of research and find the best shorts that I could find. After some tests and a few hours of research, I found 10 pairs of shorts that can easily be considered the best 11 pairs of women’s shorts.
These 10 pairs of shorts have plenty of features and plenty of pros and cons.
20. Billabong Women's Drift Away Denim Short
- Great quality
- Strong material
- Zippered pockets
The Billabong Women’s Drift Away Short is a very attractive offering thanks to its pre-washed finish. What really sets it apart however is the 70% cotton, 30% hemp blend denim fabric. The denim fabric is very comfortable and doesn’t stretch or sag with washing.
The Drift Away Short comes in 4 different shades, and all but one are distressed and sanded. So if you’re concerned about a short that looks too brand new, these should fit in nicely. The wash process results in a faded appearance that is very appealing to the eye.
This short has a slimming rear seam that is slightly higher than the front. Its high rise is another attractive feature and one that will likely never go out of style. While the double up-turned front pockets aren’t flattering, they’re very functional and the roomy zippered pockets on the side offer plenty of room for your goods.
21. Sidefeel Women Casual Frayed Destroy Bermuda Denim Ripped Short Jeans
- 80% cotton
- 11% polyester
- 5% spandex
- Deep front pockets
- Flattering fit
- Stretch jeans
- Very comfortable
- Appropriate for all height and weight
Thanks for reaching such a level by reading this book. You reached this far and it means obviously that you’re interested regarding making your life easy with some best products. Hence I would like to thank you for reading my book. Think you’ve seen a product in this book that you’ve not seen before and also want to learn more about it? In that case, think about leaving a review for that product. If you have suggestions to this book please feel free to contact me at any time. I’d love to hear from you all.
Just a reminder:This book is for entertainment purposes only. It has no intention of giving a health diagnosis, remedy, or identifying a cause. If you think you have a health problem, please directly consult with a physician.
22. Champion Women's Practice Short
- Soft and stretchy
- Many useful pockets
- Perfect for running as well as other exercises
- They come in a variety of colors
- They’re easy to clean
- Budget friendly
- Features a smaller waistband than others
- Some users complained about the sizing
If you’re looking for a pair of moves shorts, then you may want to consider the Champion Women's Practice Shorts. The Champion Women’s Practice Shorts are my top pick due to their stretchy, soft, and dynamic design.
What’s also great about the women’s practice shorts is that they feature useful pockets, which are always a great thing to have on your shorts.
As far as practicality goes, I can personally vouch for the fact that the women’s practice shorts are perfect for running, but they’re also a welcome addition to your cross-training workouts as well. The short aren’t too long, so they’ll fit easily under your yoga pants during those super-crowded classes at the gym.
23. Amazon Brand
- Comfortable, breathable material
- Not much shrinkage
- Good non-skid patches
- Very lightweight
- Mostly one color options
- Limited sizes
When you want to go on a nice relaxing bike ride, wearing a pair of comfortable, breathable pants or shorts is a must. I discovered the perfect pair of shorts that are great for cycling thanks to Amazon Prime.
These shorts are made with light and breathable linen fabric and have a hidden front zipper, which provides extra comfort without the discomfort of pinching in the stomach area. These Linen shorts are made to be soft, comfortable, and perfect for any activity. They are also extremely lightweight so you won't have to deal with any excess baggage.
My favorite part about these shorts is the fact that the material is extremely breathable. The linen materials are usually very breathable, and this pair of shorts have this feature as well. This is perfect for hot summer days or for anybody who sweats a lot.
24. Hanes Sport Women's Performance Run Short
- HyperDry with wicking fabric
- Silicone leg gripper
- Secure rear pocket
- Odor resistant
- Soft and comfortable
- Snug fit
- Cute design
- Light reflective material
- Wide, comfortable waistband
- Sizing runs a little small, especially in the waist
- Fabric tends to pill a little
The Hanes Sport Women's Performance Run Short is an excellent short for the price. They are very comfortable and breathable, and they fit very nicely.
Hanes has used the wicking fabric HyperDry to make this short, which is an excellent fabric that will keep your legs cool and dry. It also uses strategically placed seams for a mid-length run.
What’s more, it has plenty of storage pockets to keep you well organized and your valuables safe while you’re out on the trail. There is also mesh-like sweat-wicking material in the inner thigh area. It has semi-attached running shorts, which are made with a silicone leg gripper.
25. adidas Women's Essentials Linear Shorts
- Quick-dry fabric
- Sleek design
- Snug but flattering fit
- Made for serious gym goers and world travelers
- Wide, flat waistband
- Mesh lining
- Adequate space for your phone/keys/etc.
- Size-specific graphics
- Silicone inner liner helps keep shorts in place
- Plenty of reflective trim for nighttime
- Stitching is prone to ripping
- Bottom elastic waistband tends to lose elasticity after moderate use
- Shorts are not carry bag friendly
This is hands down the best workout shorts out there. These shorts were designed for serious athletes and travelers alike. They are both beautiful and functional.
The design emphasizes function over form, combining classic style with serious performance.
The shorts are made from a quick-dry fabric that looks and performs great, plus has a sleek design that makes you want to wear them to dinner.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best shorts for women?
The classic running short is the Brooks Women’s Magic Short. In fact, I have worn it for years and literally have dozens of pairs. It has been updated over the years to be much more appealing, but I have always loved these shorts.
I do think it’s worth saying that it’s not the ideal shorts for nearly everyone. It’s designed with a built-in liner that absorbs moisture, dries quickly, and moves with the runner. I love these because they have a liner that actually works, but I know a lot of other women, myself included, who find them too constricting and prefer mesh.
What shorts are most flattering?
Most flattering shorts emphasize the right amount of femininity while also hiding those things that aren’t so fun to look at!
The most popular and trendy option is a bold or patterned high-waist short. These shorts are fun and playful but can look a bit too young for some.
The next most popular option is a pair of athletic mesh shorts. These slightly longer and tighter shorts emphasize the right amount of athletic form while also hiding some of the less attractive stomach types.
Last on the list are the super short shorts. I say skip these! If you’re going to do shorter, go for the next option, but if you’re going to go short, just skip these altogether.
What type of shorts are in style 2022?
If you’re looking for a pair of shorts, but style isn’t your priority, I’d take a look at the Nike Miler Fierce Cross Training Shorts. They’re made of nylon and spandex, with flat seams in the crotch and nice mesh panels in the lower legs for comfort. They’re light, and hold up well.
If you’re looking for a pair of stylish running shorts, the Under Armour HeatGear Shorts for women look great with a built-in bra, and you can customize them with all sorts of matching tops. You can buy all the pieces separately and mix and match them however you want.
What shorts are in style women?
Lucky Brand® Women's High-Rise Cigarette Shorts. These are very nice and classy shorts.
Lucky Brand® Women's Washed-Linen High-Rise Cigarette Shorts. These are a great dressy short with a nice linen dress shirt.
Onepiece Women's Ruffle Midi Layered Summer Beach Party Denim Shorts. These are a nice longer length, and can be worn in a casual look or with tank and blouse for a little nicer look.
While there were a fair share of brands with subpar products, we are happy to say they were outweighed by an impressive number of brands that produced quality shorts. We hope this information, when coupled with our reviews and ratings, can help you make an informed decision about the best pair of shorts for you. Based on our tests, the following are a few of our favorites:
|Lee Women's Regular Fit Chino Bermuda Short||Best Overall|
|Hanes Women's Jersey Short||Budget Pick|
|Under Armour Women's Fly By Running Shorts||Upgrade Pick|