Tea tree oil is a powerful antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral essential oil found in the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia, a plant native to Australia. Its properties are quite similar to some of the more well-known essential oils, including lavender and eucalyptus. I like to keep a bottle of tea tree oil handy in the washroom and on my dresser.
Tea tree oil can be used for household cleaning solutions, bug bites, dandruff, acne, athlete’s foot, ringworm, or itchy, flaky skin. It can also be used to treat wounds and help mend broken bones, while keeping the skin safe from infection.
Another great use for this powerful synthetic free essential oil is to freshen the air in your home. I use it to keep vampires and zombie germs at bay and keep my home smelling fresh and clean.
In recent years, tea tree oil has been at the center of the fight against antibiotic-resistant superbugs, like Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). It’s also a powerful weapon to blast fungus like: athlete’s foot, jock itch, nail fungus and even dandruff!
|ArtNaturals Tea Tree Essential Oil 4oz||Best Overall|
|VIA Natural Ultra Care Tea Tree Oil Concentrated Natural Oil 1.5oz||Budget Pick|
|NOW Essential Oils||Upgrade Pick|
1. ArtNaturals Tea Tree Essential Oil 4oz
- 100% Pure & organic
- Addresses fungus, acne, mold, and hair problems.
- Promotes a healthy respiratory system.
- Treats scars and blemishes, helping to soothe acne.
- Helps balance levels of the skin’s natural oils.
- Soothes insect bites, by combining tea tree essential oil, lavender essential oil and vitamin E.
- Cleanses skin and hair using tea tree essential oil and peppermint essential oil.
- Our tea tree oil is high quality, fit for therapeutic aromatherapy, fragrance and cosmetic applications.
- Multi-use: Add 3-5 drops of pure tea tree oil to shampoo when washing hair. Add 3-5 drops of pure tea tree oil to oils or lotion to use on skin. Mix 1-2 drops with shampoo or conditioners designed for oily hair.
- Do not use in the eyes and be cautious when applying skin to skin.
- Keep away from children. Not for internal use.
- Use only as directed.
2. Handcraft Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Variety of uses
- Organic product
- Pretty strong scent
- Value for money
(100 Ml) Mix and Match Set – Ease Stress and Fatigue, Promotes Healthier Skin and Hair, Purify the Air in Your Whole Home, Improve Sleep, Heal Cuts and Wounds: Protect Against Germs
TEA TREE OIL is a natural remedy for many topical conditions, thanks to its potent anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting oils.
It’s anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties make it ideal for healing fungal infections, cuts, burns, and toenail fungus. Apply a few drops directly to the affected area.
3. Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil Skin & Scalp Treatment
- Comes with a spray dispenser.
- Made from pure tea tree oil.
- Refreshing and minty aroma.
- Can be used for dry scalp, dandruff, fungal infections, lice, nail fungus, and acne.
- Contains no alcohol or parabens.
- Works fast.
- Can be a bit too powerful for sensitive skin.
- Has some bad reviews online.
- Promotes hair loss?
- Can cause skin burns or rashes.
Arguably one of the best tea tree oil for hair growth, this Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil SHINES in lice treatment and fungal infections. Tea Tree oil enhances the scalp blood circulation, preventing lice and fungal infections from spreading further. It breaks down the dead skin cells, making your hair follicles healthy and clean.
It’s suggested to use tea tree oil for dandruff once a week.
Users reported that this tea tree oil really works. They use it for treating acne, and killing lice, which is a big challenge and only tea tree oil can do it.
4. Desert Essence Eco-Harvest Tea Tree Oil
- Pure tea tree oil sourced from Australia
- Available in various sizes
- Low price
- Easy to use
- Mixed with tea tree shampoo for great results
- Stable and doesn’t contain any other ingredients
- Works fast
If you’re looking for the best tea tree oil, then, this may be a good choice. It’s a cheap anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory oil that has a soothing effect on problem areas.
It can be mixed with shampoo for treating dandruff and psoriasis. For treating toenail fungus, you can mix it with an anti-fungal cream. Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil has a soothing effect on the skin, so putting a few drops in a foot bath before you get in is often recommended for relieving sore, tired feet.
5. NOW Essential Oils
- Long lasting scent
- 100% natural
- Not healthy for kids
- May not seep into the skin
6. Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Really works!
- Amazing for face acne
- Not oily, and absorbed quickly
- Use for small skin wounds
- Excellent for your hair
- I use it as a body spray.
- And I never buy any other cologne.
- The only con I can find is that the bottle is small.
- This product is one of the best oils I've used.
- I can't really tell anyone just how great it is because I don't want to overcrowd a market that could use a boost.
- Best Uses:
Tea tree oil is a super versatile oil. You can use it on your face, on wounds, as a bug repellent, as a bath oil, for bug bites, as an aftershave, for ear infections and so much more!
It is a great oil for your hair too. Just a few drops is all you need for your shampoo. For a deep conditioner you can use a drop or two with a few other oils.
7. Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 100% pure, organic tea tree oil
- If you’re looking for tea tree oil with high terpene content, this one delivers it
- There are some consumers that claim that it’s the best tea tree oil they’ve ever used
- The price is unbeatable
If you’re looking for 100% pure organic tea tree oil at a great price, this is a top pick. It meets the International Standard of Pure Essential Oils (ISPEO), and comes with a metal pump top that makes it easy to dispense.
8. Organic Doctor Organic Tea Tree Oil
- Efficiently removes hair
- Works for men and women
- Can be used for a variety of purposes
- Comfortable gel
For anyone who shaves (or expects to), tea tree oil is a must-have. This amazing product is the perfect aftershave because the oil kills bacteria. It also provides relief from razor burn, razor bumps, and ingrown hairs. Tea tree oil is also good for men with psoriasis and women with acne.
A little goes a long way when it comes to this product. In fact, you only need to use a few drops of tea tree oil.
If you suffer from razor burn, you should apply the oil twice a day. Remember, the product has a strong smell. To make the product smell more pleasant, you can add lavender oil.
9. Plant Therapy Tea Tree Oil Organic
- 100% Organic, with no preservatives, additives, or fragrances
- Highly concentrated
- 100% natural
- Can be irritating for those with sensitive skin.
10. Artizen Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Ready to use
- Fast acting
- Unbeatable price for value
- Non-greasy and absorbs quickly
- Fragrance filled
- Natural and pure
In this short, but informative article, we are looking at all the benefits of tea tree oil, how to use it and also the best tea tree oil you can get. Here's my top pick and why!
Tea Tree oil has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral qualities that makes it an effective ingredient in a natural beauty routine.
One of the most popular ways to use tea tree oil is in a face wash. It clears breakouts and helps with the oiliness of the skin.
11. JASON Tea Tree Oil
- Cleans and prevents acne
- Helps reduce the appearance of blemishes, scabs and blackheads
- Perfect for oily skin
- Seriously reduced the amount of acne that I used to have
- Easy to use
- Smells good
- Received compliments on my clearer skin
- Did not cause me to break out even more
- Use at night only
- Can burn your eyes if you get some in your eyes
- Made my face take on some scars on the first week of use
- Can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight
You might be wondering why on Earth you’d want to rub tree oil over your face. That’s only reasonable, I mean it doesn’t sound very pleasant.
Tree oil is a powerful skincare treatment for a number of reasons, including its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties.
Let’s take a closer look at what exactly tree oil does that makes it such a great skincare treatment.
12. Melaleuca Tea Tree Oil T36C5 .5 Oz
- Leaves your skin feeling moisturized.
- Highly concentrated ratio. A little goes a long way.
- It helps heal cuts, sores, and scrapes more quickly.
- It’s great to have on hand for spot mosquito and bee stings and bites.
- It helps relieve itching.
- The smell might be too strong for some users.
- It may thin consistency of beauty products.
- It may be too strong to use on sensitive areas such as eyes.
- Contains an ingredient that can be irritating to sensitive skin.
13. Eve Hansen Organic Tea Tree Oil
- I tried a few brands and Eve Hansen's oil is by far the best quality.
- It can be diluted with crystal fullers earth, a thickener and antibacterial agent. It makes an oil gel with the consistency of a mid-range acne treatment.
- You can also dilute it with other carrier oil to get it to a consistency you like for facial use.
- Safe for application around the eyes
Can't be used directly on fresh wounds. Use tack cloth to remove wood and metal splinters first.
14. VIA Natural Ultra Care Tea Tree Oil Concentrated Natural Oil 1.5oz
- Reliable tea tree oil
- Packed in amber bottles
- Affordable and reliable
- Made in the USA
- Less powerful than others
- Expensive shipping
Helps Prevent & Heal Infected Acne & Skin Fungus.
What makes the Via Natural Tea Tree Oil so great is that it doesn’t wear out.
A lot of hair care products can build up in your hair and hair follicles and cause problems.
15. 100% Tea Tree Oil Pure
- Cheap and effective
- Smells great
- Visible results
- Very easy to use
- Your hair may get greasy
- Doesn’t have moisturizing effects on skin
- It’s quite thin
Tea tree oil has been used for centuries by Australian Aborigines. It had a variety of uses, including for medicinal purposes and for making weapons. Regardless, we’re still interested in this essential oil and how it can benefit us today.
Tea tree oil is great for skin and hair because it inhibits bacterial growth and it has a soothing, cooling effect. It’s good for cuts, bruises, and even acne because it’s anti-inflammatory. It reduces swelling, redness, and pain and can speed the healing process.
Tea tree oil can also be used on your hair. Your hair is known as the scalp, so tea tree oil can fight scalp issues such as dandruff and eczema. You can apply it by either rubbing it directly onto the affected area and letting it dry or using it as a leave-in conditioner. Men with long hair can also apply it to their beard and mustache to make them appear fuller and to reduce itching.
16. NaturoBliss 100% Pure
- Fast Hair Growth
- Scalp Conditions
- Relieves Acne
- Hair Loss Treatment
- Soothing Sore Scalp
- Menstrual Cramp Relief
Tea tree oil is a very popular essential oil. It has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, so it is used in soaps, lotions, shampoos and other personal care products. The oil is derived from the leaves of the oil.
NaturoBliss 100% Pure, Tea Tree Essential Oil – (4 Fl Oz / 120 ml) – Pure, Undiluted Tea Tree Essential Oil, Therapeutic Grade – Perfect for Hair Growth, Scalp Dandruff, Acne, Aromatherapy and Relaxation.
The tea tree oil is extracted from the leaves and a small amount of steam distillation; it is 100% Pure and Therapeutic Grade.
17. Woolzies Tea Tree Essential Oil 4 Oz 100% Pure Natural Therapeutic Tea Tree Oil
- Natural antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Tea tree oil is rich in phenols and terpenes, which are anti-inflammatory compounds
- Tea tree oil also contains amazing antifungal and antimicrobial properties–solvents, antiseptics, and other plant oils—that help keep your scalp clean and less likely to accumulate debris and sebum.
- Tea tree oil is a natural antifungal agent. Apply it to the scalp and hair as a treatment for dandruff and other fungal infections.
- Tea tree oil is a highly antibacterial agent, making it perfect for the treatment of acne and acne scars. It can also be used as a natural and effective skin toner and moisturizer, which is especially valuable for those with oily or acne-prone skin.
- Tea Tree oil can also be used to treat nail fungus, bug bites, and sores.
- Tea tree oil can also be used for the treatment of skin, vaginal, and other fungal infections at home with no harmful side effects.
- Tea Tree oil can also be used for the treatment of acne at home with no harmful side effects
- This Tea Tree Oil Is A Great For All Skin Types Including Sensitive Skin.
18. 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil
19. Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Topical analgesic that helps with muscle and joint pain
- Highly concentrated
- Resistant to fungus and bacteria
- Repels insects
- Lice treatment (highly concentrated)
- Eyelash & eyebrow serum
- May help with acne (test on a small area first)
- Can be used in aromatherapy
- Smells great
- A little goes a long way
- Not recommended for latex condoms
20. Earthly Body Miracle Oil
- Helps to improve skin tone and appearance
- Soothes skin and is hypoallergenic
- Can be used as a daily moisturizer
- Moisturizes and provides a protective barrier
- Helps to protect against acne
- Perfect for acne and sensitive skin
- Can help relieve dryness
21. Tea Tree Essential Oil
- It can treat acne and blemished with its antiseptic properties.
- It is known to have antifungal properties that can cure infections.
- Cures sunburns, rashes and other skin conditions.
- It can cause pregnancy-sensitivity.
- It is toxic for young children.
- This can be absorbed through the skin therefore it is not recommended for people with sensitive skin.
BPTM Free, Essential Oil For Skin And Hair – Organic – 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil Natural Skin Care & Remedy.
It can be used to treat dandruff.
It can be used to bring down a fever.
22. Tea Tree
- Pleasant scent
- Effective at drying up pimples
- Increases circulation
- Some use it to repel insects
- Some use it as an aftershave or to soothe razor burn
- Use with peppermint oil to improve its acne-fighting properties
- Can be used to soften and heal scars
- Very gentle
- Available in form of a concentrated liquid, or a more dilute base of an essential oil
- Can slow the healing of wounds and burns if used directly on the skin
- Some consumers find the smell a bit pungent
23. Radha Beauty Tea Tree Essential Oil 4 oz.
- Tea tree oil is a natural remedy for many common skin issues
- it’s considered safe and effective
- the oil has a number of fairly proven health benefits
- Moles and warts can be treated with tea tree oil
- Body odour caused by sweat can be managed by tea tree oil
- Since it’s a natural antiseptic, it can also be used to treat cuts and other wounds or infections
- Tea tree oil can be combined with other ingredients for a natural face mask
- It’s can be used to treat head lice
- Tea tree oil can also be used to treat acne
- You can use tea tree oil to clear nail fungus
- While tea tree oil can be used safely on your skin, it could cause reactions in some people
- If pure tea tree oil is ingested, it can cause dehydration in some people
- If tea tree oil is applied to your eyes, it can cause stinging
24. Nature's Bounty Tea Tree Oil Herbal Health Oil
- Easy to take
- Does what it advertises to do
- Will continue to use
25. Tea Tree Essential Oil Roll-On
- Easy Application
- No Diffuser Needed
- Pleasant Smell
- Great for Teens and Adults
- Natural Anti-inflammatory
2 fl. oz. with 8 ml or about 1-1/2 teaspoons of carrier oil.
Tea tree oil is considered a good anti-inflammatory and helps to balance out the PH in the skin – perfect for acne or other variations of skin blemishes.
It's also considered a safe essential oil for teens and adults.
26. The Body Shop 5028197521042 Tea Tree Oil
- Can be used on skin, hair, and nails
- Natural product
- Australian company
- Inexpensive product
In our opinion, this is the best tea tree oil on the market. The company has been making tea tree oil for over 30 years, so they have the experience necessary to make an amazing product.
The Body Shop tea tree oil comes in a light green colored bottle with a screw-off lid. The oil itself is clear, not like some other tea tree oils, and has a very light minty scent.
At first, the oil might seem a bit difficult to apply. It’s a little thick and greasy. However, once applied, it spreads out nicely and gives a cooling sensation.
27. Gya Labs Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Amazing for skin
- Can be used for the face
- Contains Certified Organic Tea Tree Oil
- Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil are powerful antimicrobial that can help to prevent infections.
- Can help with acne and oily skin
- Tea Tree oil is the ideal oil to use in skin care products
- Should not be used in the eye area.
- It can cause allergic reactions in some people.
- Should not be used in a diffuser.
28. Difeel Premium Natural Hair Oil
Tea Tree Oil is an essential oil that can be used for great health benefits. It is an effective ingredient in acne fighting and it also helps the scalp from drying up.
Difeel Premium Natural Tea Tree Oil is one of the best sellers for tea tree oil. This product is very good for the skin and it is very effective. It is one of the best products to get rid of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
This tea tree oil has a lovely light fragrance and it is very easy to apply because it is oil based. This product is also very easy to absorb by the skin. It is perfect for oily skin because it can reduce oils on the face.
29. 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Relieves Itchy Scalp
- Natural Antiseptic
- Thin Hair
- Skin Problems
- Hair Plugs and Hair Thinning
- Great for Camping
- Sensitive Skin
- Dry or Irritated Skin
- Diaper Rash
- Athlete’s Foot
30. Organic Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil by Sky Organics
- Powerful for fighting viruses and bacteria
- Easy to use
- Can be diffused or used topically
- Not as expensive as some other oils
- Does not burn the skin
- Does not cause major allergic reactions
- Many people say tea tree oil has helped speed up healing when applied topically
- Good for fighting dandruff
- Good for fighting acne
- Good for fighting female yeast infection
- Due to its antibacterial properties, some say it can slow down the healing of minor cuts and abrasions
- Can be irritating to some people
- Some people who are allergic to plants in the daisy family can be allergic to this oil
What I love about this Tea Tree oil is that it is versatile. You can use it topically by diluting one part tea tree oil to 2 parts water and apply as a lotion. You can use it by diffusing it into the air or use it in your bath for the health benefits.
Some of the conditions that can be helped by this oil are:
- fungal and yeast infections
- fighting smelly feet
- clearing up dandruff
- fighting athlete’s foot
31. Ethereal Nature Hair Oil Tea Tree 75 Ml
- Anti-inflammatory anti-bacterial hair oil
- Mild, non-greasy, clean fragrance
- No Compromise On Quality
- Suitable for all hair types
- Save time and money
- Comes with a plastic lid, which ensures that the beauty oil does not spill.
- Safe to be used during pregnancy and for babies
32. #1 Premium Certified Tea Tree Oil,100% Organic Essential Oil,Undiluted,Therapeutic Grade
When it comes to choosing the best tea tree oil, I’ve come to rely on this product as it’s both pure and stronger than many others on the market.
I’m able to use less of this Tea Tree oil and get better results than others. This item provides a great value and size. It seems to last an impressive length of time.
33. Tea Tree Oil
- Natural Goodness, No Petroleum, Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, No Alcohol or Harmful Additives
- 100% Pure & Natural
- Powerful Pure Essence, Pure Aroma, No Adulteration
- 100% Authentic From Australia
- Cold Pressed Method
- Pefect For Face, Scalp, Massage, Bath & Hair
- Best Quality & Price
This pure Australian tea tree oil is the best essential oil to keep natural acne at bay. The bottle contains 150 ml of tea tree oil. All of our cedar wood essential oils are the same as my grandmother used. This Pure Tea Tree Oil is the right amount of strength to keep acne at bay.
Tea tree oil is highly beneficial in getting rid of acne, especially if it is concentrated in the face or head. The oil also works wonders in relieving various skin ailments like rashes, boils, and eczema. It is safe to use tea tree oil for infants and helps relieve insect bites.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight free radicals. This helps to prevent skin damage before it starts. Studies have also shown that vitamin E helps with acne and scars. Coconut oils are a great way to form a protective barrier that is a natural acne fighter.
34. Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Great for fighting acne
- Cheaper than most other brands
- On the smaller side
- Can add to hair oil for extra benefits
- Can use as perfume
- Can be ingested
- Can be used to cure chapped lips
- Can be used in make-up
- Can be used to stop nail fungus
- Not commonly used
- Can cause skin irritation
- The essential oil container may leak
- Can be easily damaged when dropped
- Can smell weird to some people
Tea tree oil has been used for years as an all-natural and chemical free acne treatment. Tea tree oil is a natural anti-bacterial that can fight bacteria that cause acne.
35. 100% Pure & Natural Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Will give you the natural aroma that you love
- Will give you the fragrance that you love
- Gives you a therapeutic grade of oil
- Comes with a dropper for easy use
- It will provide you with the same quality that you expect
- Also, made of 100% pure and natural oils
- It is strong enough, but it is also good for use in the bedroom.
- You should only need about 2 to 3 drops of this for it to do its work
- The concentrated color is distinctive from the competitor
- It is safe for the whole family since it is made of all natural oils.
- It has a strong smell
- It is not good for use in the bedroom.
Australian & Independently Certified, 100% Pure, Natural Oil.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which is the best tea tree oil brand?
There are many different brands of tea tree oil out there, and most of them are high quality. However, if you’re going for quality over price, my personal choice (as demonstrated by my own family) is Melaleuca.
Melaleuca is one of the most well established brands in tea tree oil and lotions. They source their product straight from Australia, where the tea tree oil has been harvested for centuries. They are in the business of tea tree oil (like many other companies), but also sell a number of other high quality, health and care related items as well. As such, they have the resources to get the highest quality tea tree oil and lotions at a great price.
The result is a product which works great, costs significantly less than competing brands, and allows you to buy with confidence from a consumer-friendly company.
What tea tree oil can be used for?
Tea tree oil has been around for quite awhile now, and there are many people who use it on a regular basis. Others may have, or are thinking about using it for a certain purpose, but aren’t sure if it’s best for what they have in mind.
With that in mind, this page will discuss many of the uses for tea tree oil. Because it can be used for a variety of purposes, this list of uses for tea tree oil is much longer than what most people would expect. There truly are many ways that you can use it.
Is it OK to put tea tree oil directly on skin?
Protecting your skin from sunlight is essential as well, whether you choose to use a sunscreen, protective clothing, or avoid the outdoors during your hours of peak exposure.
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that has some proven medicinal and healing properties, including the ability to kill bacteria, fungus, and viruses, promote wound healing, soothe itchy and dry skin, kill or repel insects, calm a sunburn or other skin irritations and reduce inflammation (though it also causes some skin irritation itself, so always do a small patch test to reduce the risk of irritation).
What is the best way to apply tea tree oil?
Tea tree oil can be applied by a number of different methods. The most popular include:
When it comes to problem skin, you should always try to go with natural products instead of harsh chemical treatments because your skin will become reliant on the latter as they can build up resistance to the ingredients of the former. That said, there are some instances, like when you have an especially stubborn or persistent problem, where you’ll need to consider stronger treatments. Read this article to learn more about tea tree oil and how it can be used to enjoy the best treatment for your skin problem.
|ArtNaturals Tea Tree Essential Oil 4oz||Best Overall|
|VIA Natural Ultra Care Tea Tree Oil Concentrated Natural Oil 1.5oz||Budget Pick|
|NOW Essential Oils||Upgrade Pick|