These are the best serums for brightening your skin, tightening your pores, and getting rid of that dull complexion.
In short, your skin will look fresher, more moisturized, and less dull. Plus, Vitamin C serums are famous for their skin brightening abilities! Your skin will look visibly more radiant and spot-free. Great news for those looking to fix a dull complexion.
However, the key is consistency and applying high quality serums. Your skin will need time to acclimate to the Vitamin C and getting the best Vitamin C serum is really the key.
Here’s a quick set of guidelines for the best Vit C serums:
Look for serums that have “L-AA” (pure Vitamin C) as the first ingredient. Meaning, that the manufacturer used L-AA (pure Vitamin C) as the main ingredient and not some preservatives or fillers. L-AA is the only type of Vitamin C which is both stable (i.e., it’s not oxidizing in the presence of moisture) and effective. You should also look for a serum that has at least 15% L-AA. Higher percentages are preferable.
|Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Brighten & Firm Vitamin C Serum:||Best Overall|
|Super Vitamin C Serum||Budget Pick|
|OBAGI PROFESSIONAL-C SERUM 20% 1.0 OZ Pack of 1||Upgrade Pick|
1. Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Brighten & Firm Vitamin C Serum:
- Great Value
- Able to use under makeup
- Can fight signs of aging
- Good protection against free radicals
- Can fight blemishes
- Will brighten skin
- Works quickly
- Feels sticky
- Not the most comfortable product
- Can break out some users
- Sometimes has a slight scent
The Bottom Line: Dr. Dennis Gross Brighten and Firm Vitamin C Serum
Dr. Dennis Gross Brighten and Firm Vitamin C Serum is one of my favorites because it can be used by a wide variety of users. It can even be used by those with sensitive skin and it has a good value. There are a ton of antioxidants and other chemicals that give it the ability to help the user achieve a variety of different results. This serum has the ability to do everything from fight wrinkles to fight blemishes and help the skin to become brighter.
This product is a favorite because it can help to fight the signs of aging and because it works so quickly. It has a ton of antioxidants and other vitamins that give it this amazing ability to help the skin to actually become more youthful. This product works over night in many cases to help the skin to fight wrinkles or acne. Sometimes however it can cause a few breakouts.
2. Super Vitamin C Serum
- Great for anti aging and whitening
- Very gentle on sensitive skin
When it comes to the best vitamin c serum, you will have to consider the various brands in action. If you are looking for a good vitamin c serum that is very effective in providing enough protection to your skin, then you need to look for a decent product that has orange peel extract, vitamin C and E potent. The product should be taken internally but it is also used externally. You will be able to get the desired results you need from such a product.
3. Olay Vitamin C Tone Perfection Serum
- 2-in-1 product
- Protects skin from environmental stress
- Works well with sensitive skin
Moderate sun protection while keeping my skin moisturized and protected from environmental stressors is the reason why I love the Olay Vitamin C tone perfection Serum. It does an awesome job of protecting my skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
The Olay Vitamin C serum/moisturizer set is all natural and utilizes healthy and pure ingredients to fight the harsh environmental factors that are threatening my skin. It has Vitamnin C complex that helps provide healthier looking skin and helps fight the free radicals that are causing premature aging in my skin.
The Olay moisturizer helps keep my skin moisturized and balanced throughout the day while also providing antioxidants that help fight the harmful effects of the sun. This 2-in-1 product also has a light whipped texture that helps improve my skin tone and texture and helps smooth out some of my deep lines and wrinkles. It provides a serious improvement to what I call my coarse complexion.
4. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster
- Helps with the appearance of fine lines
- Smells great
- Doesn’t break out sensitive skin
- I use it every morning and night
- Didn’t break me out like some other vitamin c serum I’ve tried
- Doesn’t come with a dropper or extra packaging
- I’d like a bigger bottle
I’ve used many vitamin C serums over the years and this is by far the best one I’ve ever tried.
Oops, there goes another one of the positive aspects I mentioned. It’s non-greasy and moisturizing.
The other capsules and serums I’ve used leave me looking like a glazed donut, but not this one. It’s perfect to use under makeup and is the only vitamin C serum I’ve used that leaves me looking refreshed, not glazed.
5. InstaNatural Vitamin C Anti Aging Skin Clearing Serum
- Amino acid-based solution combines with vitamin C to keep the skin hydrated and nourished
- Also contains hydroxy acid which helps resurface the skin
- Moisturizing formula soothes the skin
- Free of paraben, sugar, sodium, sulfate, gluten, and artificial dyes
- Could be used in combination with other products
- Directions are a little complex
- After just 30 days of use, the skin tends to produce more collagen
InstaNatural is also known for its photo-damage help, and their Anti-Aging Skin Clearing Serum comes with anti-aging, brightening, and soothing qualities to deliver the smoothest and most youthful complexion.
The product is lightweight, and the vitamin C serum is easily absorbed by the skin very quickly. The serum is a perfect solution to bring your skin back to life by stimulating its production of collagen.
The vitamin C combines with the amino acid to hydrate and soothe the skin, making it clear and soft. The hydroxy acid helps to resurface the skin, removing all impurities and boosting the complexion, so regular use of this product will help you get rid of the blemishes, fine lines, and acne scars.
6. PURA D'OR 20% Vitamin C Serum Premium Professional Grade
- Contains 20% vitamin C
- The serum’s texture isn’t sticky
- Features argan oil, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E
- Can be used on the face and eyes
- More potent than most vitamin C serums
- Recommended for all skin types
- Fast absorbing and non greasy
- The smell isn’t pleasant
- Some users have complained about a burning sensation
- It can cause peeling
- There are some reports of a connection between vitamin C serums and increased sun sensitivity
Fast Absorbing, Non Greasy, Paraben Free, Hypoallergenic.
This vitamin C serum provides a large amount of vitamin C to your skin. This serum also contains a blend of hyaluronic acid, argan oil, and vitamin E that work together to improve the appearance of your skin.
A study was conducted using several vitamin C serums, including Pura D’or, to find the best vitamin C serum. Pura D’or won this competition because it provides a large amount of vitamin C and maintains it’s potency.
7. CeraVe Vitamin C Serum
- Enriched with Vitamins A, C and E
- It has a light texture and a non greasy finish
- It works well even with sensitive skin
- It’s affordable
- It comes with a wonderful scent
- It’s not just a Vitamin C serum, it’s also packed with Hyaluronic acid
- It’s cruelty-free
- It’s one of the few Vitamin C serums that come with a dropper
Read the review on Amazon: CeraVe Vitamin C Serum
If you are looking for the best vitamin c serum for face, hands and body, this is the best candidate you can choose. This product is highly recommended because of its long list of positive features such as the high percentage of Vitamin C.
Another positive feature of this product is that it is not greasy and it is free from parabens and fragrances. It easily blends in the skin.
8. Vitamin C Complex Face Serum
- Superb for brightening
- Perfect for dry skin
- Effective on acne scars
- Lighter than expected
- Not for oily skin
If you’re not convinced that something as simple as Vitamin C can be effective on your skin, then let me break it to you. Vitamin C, also known as L-Ascorbic acid, has been proven to have a number of benefits to your skin.
Not only can it help to firm and smooth the skin, but studies have shown that it also accelerates the healing of sun damage and acne scars, among other things. Perhaps the greatest benefit of Vitamin C as a face serum is that it’s able to lighten darker spots and discolorations on your face.
There are a number of reasons why Vitamin C as a face serum is so effective on your skin. First of all, it’s an anti-oxidant that prevents your skin from free radical damage. Not only does the Vitamin C work as a sun blocker, but it also thins the skin, allowing for the absorption of more moisture into the epidermis. This is important because your skin needs to retain moisture in order to firm itself.
9. InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum
- Easy to use pump dispenser
- Non-greasy and non-oily
- Light scent
- Gives you a good boost of vitamin C for your skin
- Restores elasticity to the skin
- It works!
- Boosts collagen while it whitens your skin
- Smooths out wrinkles and fine lines
- Treatment for acne scars
- Keeps your skin well moisturized, which is not common to vitamin C serums
Vitamins are a great way of giving your body essential nutrients through food. Vitamin C though, is one of those rare vitamins that can be absorbed into the skin and into the blood stream better than any other vitamins.
Being the cheapest and most effective way of getting vitamins into your skin, it makes sense that many people look for the best vitamin C serums.
I personally tested out this other serum, but it gives me breakouts. I read that some people have sulfates in their skin too, so when I saw this serum, I thought I’d give it a try.
10. Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum
- High-quality ingredients
- Few product chemicals
If you want the best vitamin C serums, you need not keep looking any further. This serum has an oil-free formula that is quickly absorbed into the skin without causing irritation.
It comes with a slightly acidic scent, similar to most vitamin C products, which is something you either love or hate. However, some people prefer the scent to be more subtle, in which case the Aderma Cicalfate Moisturizing Lotion is a great alternative.
You apply this serum twice daily in the morning and at night. In terms of consistency, it’s one of the thinner serums on the market, which helps with the absorption of the vitamin C.
11. TruSkin Vitamin C-Plus Super Serum
- 30 Days Risk-Free Trial
- Natural Ingredients
- Nice Size
- Difficult To Remove
- Doesn’t Absorb Well
- Doesn’t Remove Oil From Skin
- Breakouts In 1-2 Weeks
TruSkin Vitamin C Serum is my favorite serum that’s 32% Vitamin C with Hyaluronic Acid. I’ve been using if for over a month and I wanted to see if it would work and how my skin would react.
The Vitamin C serum has a thin texture that absorbs into the skin quite well. The serum glides on the skin and isn’t heavy at all, but it does have a slight smell to it. The serum was easy to apply on my face because I didn’t need to rub lotion into my face like other serums I’ve used.
12. Vitamin C Serum Plus 2% Retinol
- Moisturizes and plumps the skin’s surface
- All natural ingredients
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
- Skin may temporarily turn slightly pink
You’d be hard-pressed to find a more affordable and effective product than this fantastic vitamin C serum.
Those with a normal skin type can use this product daily. Those with oily skin may want to reduce usage to once per week, and those with dry skin will want to use it twice daily to maintain healthy skin.
As the name suggests, the Vitamin C Serum Plus’s key ingredients are vitamin C, retinol, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid, MSM and more.
13. Vitamin C Serum
- Blend of Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, and Vitamin E
- Effectively Instantly Reduces Skin Damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles reduced with regular use
- Improves natural skin glow
- Increases Collagen Production in Skin
The Vitamin C is a recommended anti aging vitamin which is absorbed into the skin to revitalize and energize it by boosting its collagen levels.
Vitamin C serum is advocated as a highly useful treatment for young and old skin to fight the forming of premature aging signs and help slow the pace of its appearance.
It has been found that using an anti-aging product containing vitamin C is significantly shown to reduce the formation of wrinkles around the eyes and lips and improves skin discoloration.
14. DERMAdoctor Kakadu C 20% Vitamin C Serum
- Contains Vitamins A, C, and E
- Formulated with ferulic acid
- Lightweight formula
If you’re looking for an effective and safe vitamin C serum, the Kakadu C 20% Vitamin C Serum is a great choice. DERMAdoctor has formulated this serum with 20 percent vitamin C as well as with ferulic acid.
This combination of ingredients makes for a light-weight formula that’s effective at fighting against wrinkles. Vitamin C and ferulic acid also work together to offer additional protection against free radicals and the first signs of aging along with the effects of UV rays.
Even though it’s a lightweight formula, this serum still provides great results. We recommend that you apply it once a day in the morning for best results.
15. Korean Skin Care K Beauty
- Proven 20% vitamin c serum with hyaluronic acid
- 20% L-ascorbic acid helps build collagen and smooth wrinkles and firm the skin
- Visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles and uneven skin tones and texture
- Hyaluronic acid stimulates collagen synthesis, which brightens and plumps aging skin for a healthy radiant glow
- Preservative free. Gentle on the skin.
- It has a great light citrusy scent.
- The product is cruelty free.
16. Harmonia Essence Vitamin C Serum
- Professional Grade Ingredients
- Contains Countless Benefits and Benefits to All Skin Types and Complexions
- This Serum Will Give More Radiance to Your Skin than Any Other Serum on the Market
- The Natural Ingredients Used to Make This Anti-Aging Serum Work Effectively and Safely to Fight Against Dry Skin, Tighten Pores, Reduce Blemishes, and Heal Redness on Your Skin
- This Vitamin C Serum Contains a Proprietary Blend of Natural Ingredients that are Certified Organic and Approved for Use – Extremely Honest Company Owners, Certified Organic by the USDA, and Dermatologist-Tested.
- Customer Service is Superb – The Owner, Vanessa Meyers, Comes Highly Recommended by Many Other Customers that Have Reviewed Her Online
17. TruSkin Vitamin C Serum
- Price per ounce
- Absorbs quickly and leaves no sticky residue on the skin.
- Won’t work for extremely dry skin.
- Some unnoticeable changes of Vitamin C are made.
TruSkin Vitamin C Serum is the absolute best facial serum for sensitive skin. This product also comes in a larger size with a pump spray! It’s specially formulated with a combination of Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid and Witch Hazel to help keep skin clean and hydrated while reducing the look of sun damage and improving the health and texture of your skin.
This product is best for those looking to add an extra boost of vitamin C to their daily skin care routine. This serum is designed to be used under your day or night care cream. If you are using this serum for the first time, start slowly, using once a day for the first week to gauge any potential irritation and to make sure your skin does not worsen.
I would say if you have sensitive skin, you might already be aware that most products only work on the surface of the skin. You need something with ingredients that can penetrate your skin, and the combination with vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and witch hazel extracts in this serum make it a complete and potent solution that helps your skin fight visible signs of aging.
18. Vitamin C Serum
- Super light-weight but still highly moisturizing
- Non-greasy formula
- Pore clogging
- Contains alcohol
This serum is a great option if you want an effective product that will leave your face feeling hydrated but without greasy residue. It sinks in using a non-greasy formula that still leaves your skin feeling nourished. Its light weight is nice because it's easy to apply and also encourages regular use.
It's important to note though that this is a product that does include alcohol in its ingredients. I didn't perceive this as a problem, but it will be a turn off for some.
It comes in a lightweight airless pump that guarantees no air contamination, and the container is recyclable.
19. OBAGI PROFESSIONAL-C SERUM 20% 1.0 OZ Pack of 1
- Works well on a lot of skin types including sensitive ones
- Decent price tag
- No major side effects
- Can be expensive
- Not all users have seen immediate results
20. Anti Aging Serum 3-Pack
Vitamin C is a powerful anti-aging antioxidant that’s also crucial for collagen production. It’s a must have in your skincare routine.
This serum is essential for anyone that has a hard time getting the recommended amount of vitamin C from their diet. This powerful anti-aging tool is essential for anyone that has a hard time getting the recommended amount of vitamin C from their diet.
The recommended daily allowance of vitamin C for adults is 90 mg. In order to get that much, you would need to make sure you get your needed 2 cups of fruits and 2 cups of vegetables every day. If you are anything like me and don’t like the taste of pure vitamin C, this is not something you will enjoy doing.
21. TruSkin Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum
- Organic tea tree oil
- Strongest concentration of vitamin C in the market
- Has salicylic acid, which acts as an acne fighter
- Non-irritating formula
- Could irritate sensitive skin.
- Embalmers use it to prevent the spread of infections.
- Tea tree oil is a natural remedy for reducing swollen noses and other kinds of inflammation.
- As a strong antioxidant, vitamin C can fight the free radicals in your skin and diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
22. Olay Regenerist Retinol Face Serum
- Budget Friendly
- Full 1 Month Supply
- Skin Prime Night Serum Helps To Minimize Signs Of Aging For A More Youthful Appearance
Anti-Wrinkle Treatment, Anti-Ageing, Nourishes, Hydrates, Moisturizes, Restores, Skin Hydration, 1 Month Supply.
The Olay Regenerist advantage is a collection of products sure to enhance your skin. The one I have chosen to review is the Olay Regenerist Anti-Wrinkle Face Serum. The face serum is a gel like consistency and not lotion. This face serum is part of the whole Olay Regenerist Anti-Wrinkle line.
The Olay Regenerist Anti-Wrinkle Face serum contains retinol, Vitamin E, and green tea extract. The Olay Regenerist Anti-Wrinkle Face serum will help reduce fine lines that naturally occur with age. The Olay Regenerist Anti-Wrinkle Line will help to firm and tone skin from deep within.
23. Bronson Vitamin C Serum
- Can Be Used on the Face & Neck
- Top Rated Vitamin C Serum on Amazon
- Very Positive Customer Reviews
- High Quality Ingredients
- Very Cheap for the Quality
- Won’t Help With Under Eye Wrinkles
- Must be Used with Vitamin C Cleanser
The Bronson Vitamin C Facial Serum was carefully crafted with high quality and natural ingredients including Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Aloe and Jojoba. All these ingredients are important for your skin and work to reduce wrinkles and skin damage while hydrating your skin.
You should apply the serum as soon as you get out of the shower while your skin is still wet. This will allow the serum to penetrate your skin easier and take effect.
24. Vitamin C Serum
- Anti-aging benefits
- Organic ingredients
- Value for money
- Increases collagen production
- Prevents and repairs sun spots and discoloration
- Soothes sensitive skin
- Moisturizes your skin
- Improves fine lines and wrinkles
- Hydrates your skin
- Has anti-aging Vitamin A and Vitamin E
- Results may vary from person to person
- Results can take several weeks to see
- Some people may experience irritation
Wrinkles, Loss Skin Elasticity, and Puffy Eyes, Best for All Skin Types, Unscented, 15 ML.
25. Claire-ity 25% Vitamin C Serum
- Great for everyday use
- I taut that it makes your skin look vibrant
- I felt like it is a good quality serum
This product is a good value for its price. The product is divided into two parts one is a bottle and the other is a dropper. The dropper is stainless steel. Don’t accidently touch it, it may be too hot.
The product is really smooth. It is like getting an injection directly into your face! Actually, it is very soothing also. It is a lotion; it absorbs quickly into the skin. You don’t need a lot of this product. It has a nice lemony smell. It is a good smell, not overpowering. When you apply it on your face, it is like you are putting sun block on your face because it is so smooth. The dropper is just right to get out the right amount of product. It is a good value for the price you pay. If you have oily skin, it is not the right product for you because it has a moisturizing lotion texture and it feels like sun block on your face.
26. Vitamin C Serum
- Fragrance Free
- Absorbs Quickly
- Skin Type
- Not For Sensitive Skin
- Only For Face
It’s hard to believe that a product with just 20% Vitamin C would be so effective, but that’s what science has achieved with this product.
At just 20% Vitamin C, this serum is one of the most concentrated ones on the market. And with over 100 5-star reviews, it’s one of the most effective as well.
This stuff works! If you’re desperately looking for the softer, smoother skin you had 10 or 20 years ago, then it’s time to add it to your daily beauty regimen.
27. Vitamin C Serum 20%
- Lightweight serum
- Absorbs quickly
- Works well
- Kills acne and removes dark spots
- Good value for the money
This 20% Vitamin C Night Serum by Simplified Skin Care gets a rave review in this guide. It’s lightweight and ideal for sensitive skin.
The 20% vitamin C serum provides your skin with many benefits. It’s ideal for all skin types, it removes wrinkles and fine lines, it removes acne and helps to shrink pores, it firms and hydrates dry skin, and improves the elasticity of firm skin.
You can use it in place of a regular moisturizer, or you can layer it under another moisturizer to make your skin smoother and firmer.
28. Natural Vitamin C E Serum
- Pure, Organic Vitamin C
- Very Effective
- Amazing Vitamin C Serum
- Fresh and Natural
- Really Improves Sun Damage
- Great For Dry Skin
- Make Your Skin Radiant and Youthful
- Anti-Aging Powerhouse
- Has Ferulic Acid
- A Bit Pricier Than Some
- Can Be Hard To Find
- Not For Everyone
- Some Turn Orange
- Best For Sensitive Skin
This Vitamin C Serum is smaller than the standard 1-ounce standard, but these are 1-ounce glass vials. They’re just under half the size of a standard one-ounce glass bottle, and the labeling is clear and easy to read. Each one contains a V-capsule of pure, organic Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid).
You get a lot of product for your money, and it’s packaged very nicely. These Vitamin c serums are strong and effective and bring noticeable results very quickly. It’s a bit pricier than some of the other options, but the quality is high.
29. BEST Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Big 2 oz bottle
- Naturally derived from squalane oil, has powerful moisturizing effect
- Gluten free, paraben free and cruelty free
- Vitamin E oil is rich in antioxidant that can protect skin from free radicals
- Paraben Free ~ Made with natural ingredients
- Perfect choice for brightning, soothing and moisturizing for all types of skin
- 100% Money back guarantee
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Money Back Guarantee
- At last a product that delivers on it’s promise
Brightens Dullness & Pigmentation, Relieves Itching, Peeling and Flaking – Natural Anti-Aging Oil & Gentle Acne Treatment.
30. Vitamin C Serum
- Great for brightening your skin
- Antiaging properties
When it comes to a powerful antiaging face serum, this “20% Vitamin C Serum for Face” takes the cake for a few reasons.
When you purchase it, this product comes with a free ebook that gives you a ton of useful advice about how to use the product and how to apply it correctly.
This Vitamin C serum is one of the strongest formulas you can find.
31. VIJUVE 45% Vitamin C Serum
- Keeps skin looking young
- Improves your skin tone
- Keeps skin from aging
- Keeps skin moisturized
- Reduces wrinkles and dark spots
- Helps to keep skin firm
- Repairs damaged skin
- Improves the appearance of sun damage
- Reduces sun damage
- Not much to say besides it’s not safe to use with children under 18.
32. Belei by Amazon: Vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Vitamin C + E
- All Mineral Based
- Goes on Smoothly
- Great Price
- Shelf Life
With the growing popularity of Vitamin C serums, one of the companies making great ones is Belei. The reason they’re fantastic is that they’re non-comedogenic, which means that it will not clog your pores. They help with skin elasticity and fades dark spots and hyper pigmentation.
Vitamin C is a great antioxidant for your skin. It toner does a great job at repairing, calming, and protecting the skin on your face.
33. Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Serum
- Won’t leave you feeling greasy
- Works as advertised
- Recommend it for sensitive skin
- Unbelievably cheap price
- Available for free shipping with Amazon Prime
- Might not be good for acne
- A little oily
The Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Serum is your run of the mill Vitamin C Serum.
This serum isn’t advertised as an acne specific serum, but many have reported that it has worked for them. Most people that try it are happy with the results. The serum lasts a long time and has a wonderful smell to it just like most other Perricone products.
It’s nearly impossible to find a bad review for this serum. Most of the reviews are positive. The customers that have negative things to say about it speak more towards their skin type not being the right fit for the product. If your not sure what type of skin you have then you might just want to avoid this serum.
Many people say vitamin C is your best friend for clear and glowing skin – and they’d be right! Although it’s true that vitamin C doesn’t directly hit acne, it has a beneficial effect on the skin in a few ways. It’s an antioxidant and might help prevent breakouts. It can also help produce more collagen in the skin, which is essential for plump and wrinkle-free skin. However, to get the best effects from a vitamin C skin care product, you should make sure you choose the right one.
|Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Brighten & Firm Vitamin C Serum:||Best Overall|
|Super Vitamin C Serum||Budget Pick|
|OBAGI PROFESSIONAL-C SERUM 20% 1.0 OZ Pack of 1||Upgrade Pick|